PDA

View Full Version : Patches

Melterx12
June 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Do you guys think that the current problems in the game (glitches, map downloading system, performance issues) will be fixed with released patches? or is HG gonna leave this game in the cold?

InnerGoat
June 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
The mouse issue better be fixed, thats for sure. :mad:

jahrain
June 2nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
I keep getting exploding vertecies and texture artifacts after 10 to 15 minutes of gameplay. I hope that gets fixed. And I doubt they will fix the lack of mouse acceleration because they have obviously wanted users to opt for the damn xbox360 controller by making the mouse controls as crappy as possible, and the xbox360 controls all hax0red up with massive near aimbot-like magnetism and autoaim. I swear I feel as if the auto aim and magnetism has double compared to the xbox version. I just have the point the weapon in th general direction of the target and it just snaps onto them and follows them around without hardly having to aim at all.

Syuusuke
June 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
I don't get that type of problem even after 5 hours =S

And some people ingame complain about the controller's advantage while THEY are the ones using it themselves...

Ki11a_FTW
June 2nd, 2007, 11:00 AM
I dont have any of those problems 0_0 except the mouse with vehicles is annoying

Bossniak
June 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
What's the mouse issue?

Syuusuke
June 2nd, 2007, 12:00 PM
It's very "slow" or stiff...

InnerGoat
June 2nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
I keep getting exploding vertecies and texture artifacts after 10 to 15 minutes of gameplay. I hope that gets fixed.
That is user-fixable. Fix will happen when said user does something about it.:lol: (hint: video card related)

What's the mouse issue?The most annoying thing ever, and i've done some tests concerning it.
I've got a Logitech MX500, and the mouse feels pretty laggy no matter the FPS. It gets worse as the FPS goes higher, and the mouse will actually lock (unable to track) in place if you move it fast. :gonk:
Upping the polling rate on the MX500 from 125hz to 1000hz made a huge difference, and removed most of the laggy feeling, as well as upped the tracking ability so far that I couldn't get it to lose track anymore.
I tried a Razer Copperhead next, and that was much better, but that mouse lost track even sooner, so it would be no good for twitch shooting. It is at 1000hz by default, so I can't do anything to it.

If anyone wants to overclock the mouse, i can upload the hack and the polling rate tester...

Kornman00
June 2nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
Patches?

PATCHES?!!?

WE DON'T NEED NO STICKIN' PATCHES!

Oh wait, HG != Gbx. We do have 1grand+ players on daily, right :-3?

Patrickssj6
June 2nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Patches suck...if they change the exe we may have to rewrite all the progs again once they are released....:eyesroll:

Kornman00
June 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
If you have poor versioning support...

Snowy
June 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Patches?

PATCHES?!!?

WE DON'T NEED NO STICKIN' PATCHES!

Oh wait, HG != Gbx. We do have 1grand+ players on daily, right :-3?

UHF :)

Melterx12
June 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
everyone starts talking about problems, yet no one answered the topic, Do you think patches will be released to fix this? yes/no?

supersniper
June 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
well they already released 3 patches. one on april 30, 2007 and 2 on May 22, 2007. if u check the official websites support page...http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo2/
there shows each update how to install it and when it was released.
SO I SAY YES THEY WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!