PDA

View Full Version : adding water?

Ki11a_FTW
June 3rd, 2007, 08:23 PM
How do you make water in ur map? becuase its totally different way then in halo 1

leorimolo
June 3rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
try the sbsp tag there might be options for that there, (im so not sure about this =X)

paladin
June 3rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Does the water look as shitty as Halo 2 xbox's?

jstatz
June 4th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I made a post about this a while back: http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=67556&postcount=28

solofortne
June 4th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I assume you guys are working with a full tag set because the shader you refer to in that post is not included in the shipping version of the editing kit.
* Down towards the bottom there's a "water definitions" heading. Add one if necessary, and point it to an appropriate shader -- I used tags\scenarios\shaders\multi\zanzibar\water_static .shader

There is however a water_static.shader_template

Lightning
June 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Lots of the tags/data referenced in the tutorials are no where to be found, actually...

Kornman00
June 4th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Thats a help file? And here I was thinking it was just a strip tease of what could be done with the engine with proper tools and proper assets.

teh lag
June 4th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I too have noticed that alot of stuff that you'd expect is missing... For example, there's a pretty low amount of scenery/crates to choose from - I was planning on placing the covenant stationary sheilds into a map I'm making, offering destroyable but regenerating cover, but alas, we don't have the tags, nor can we make our own. Shaders as well; we have almost no human or covenant textures to choose from unless we make our own. The "tags\scenarios\bitmaps\multi\zanzibar" that's mentioned in the help file is also nowhere to be found. I also noticed that while shader_templates are locked out of the standard guerilla interface, they are still acessible by opening a reference in a .shader... :raise:

Snaver
June 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM
'two different media planes are touching' :(
http://halo.snaver.net/files/images/timberlandstreamerror.jpg

Skyline
June 4th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Wow lol, thats alot of errors you have there.

Isn't there a flag in the shader named "Water".

Roostervier
June 4th, 2007, 05:02 PM
In my experience, it hasn't made a bit of difference having it checked. Then again, I have limited experience since it's new...