PDA

View Full Version : Editing Kit not working.

FireDragon04
June 4th, 2007, 04:30 PM
If i try to load any program it just brings up the vista '...has stopped working'. Screen. If its trying to compile with the map launcher or tool... i get Halo 2 Game Asset Compiler has stopped working and any of the others it says Tag Editor has stopped working.

So all i can do atm is export to a .ass. I've tried uninstalling and re installing again, and nothing. So if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated, as I've just got the game...etc and i was so excited to get my first halo 2 map ingame and no joy.

soccerbummer1104
June 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
try running programs as an admin.

FireDragon04
June 4th, 2007, 04:33 PM
try running programs as an admin.
UAC is disabled, and no difference by running as admin.

Roostervier
June 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Restart your computer, that usually works for me, not always though.

FireDragon04
June 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Still nothing works, quite frustrating now. Tried so much and no luck. Hopefully someone can find a way to fix this?

Kornman00
June 5th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Which "version" of Vista do you use?

Try checking the various debug.html files?

Is this happening before any dialog is created\displayed?

FireDragon04
June 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Ultimate, i got the Upgrade version about 2 months back from a local PC Shop.

And this happens just as the cmd opens when trying to compile (with the map launcher, also happens if i type it in, in tool and when i press enter same message) or just as i double click on a program (ie. guerrilla/sapien).
So, no debug text is generated.

Limited
June 5th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Um, who deleted my post??

Also, are you sure you looked for debug.html

Firedragon, where did you buy your copy of h2v?

FireDragon04
June 5th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Um, who deleted my post??

Also, are you sure you looked for debug.html

Firedragon, where did you buy your copy of h2v?

My freind sent me it from the US took a while for shipping but it came, and i had to call microsoft, for a new serial key. And the editing kit works for him, but not me :mad:.

And there is nothing in the debug.html because it closes before any debug text could even be written.

Limited
June 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Arnt US dvd's not compatible for UK? Hmm. Interesting.

Hmm, alot of people have had this problem before, searching might find it, not sure if it was resolved though.

Zeph
June 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
video DVDs perhaps, but not data disks. At least not if international standards are followed for file systems.

Limited
June 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
video DVDs perhaps, but not data disks. At least not if international standards are followed for file systems.
Well, there were different versions of GTA San Andreas, not exactly sure why but disks could have been one reason.

I cant find my GTA disk so I cant read what it says =\

Snaver
June 5th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Err, there's no data dvd standard that changes between regions. You're getting confused between NTSC/PAL/NTSCJ etc.. they only use them for console products as each region has a different video region (tv's).

There shouldn't be any difference at all between the American and European version of the game, apart from maybe language files, and usage regulation files etc.

FireDragon04
June 5th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Err, there's no data dvd standard that changes between regions. You're getting confused between NTSC/PAL/NTSCJ etc.. they only use them for console products as each region has a different video region (tv's).

There shouldn't be any difference at all between the American and European version of the game, apart from maybe language files, and usage regulation files etc.
Very true.

Being playing single player and a bit of multi player in between college work tonight, loving it so much on the pc, runs really smooth i think. ALSO, anyone found a way i could fix my annoying map editor problem?

FireDragon04
June 6th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Bump... to see if anyone has an idea about how to fix this yet? :confused: