PDA

View Full Version : I lol'd

Kornman00
June 5th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Source (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12521)

Have you ever wondered if there's more of a purpose to the yellow sticker with the 25-digit product key than to sell keyboards by wearing out your old one? Actually, there is...

...Aside from deterring piracy, this helps our legitimate players by allowing you to ban players from your servers, knowing that they have to pay for another copy to get back in.
Also, since it can't be deferred which version they played in off the bat, can we have our CE patch now? Yeah, I'm wondering *if* we have a better chance at seeing a real dedi server for H2V than getting that :-3

EDIT: for those without your lolz, you can't ban using this method in H2V last I checked (and last I checked there haven't been any updates so I'm pretty sure I'm up to speed on whats up...dawg)

Snaver
June 5th, 2007, 11:56 AM
So how does H2V go about product activation/product keys? Someone care to explain, i didn't play much attention to the server thread in the announcement forum as it was hard to filter through the idiotic posts containing stuff that was incorrect..

Anyway, over a 100,000 players a month aint to shabby, so whats the timeframe looking like on getting this patch :)

Kornman00
June 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM
so whats the timeframe looking like on getting this patch :)
10,000 active players daily :-3

Agamemnon
June 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
LMAO, they post a little snippet about Halo 1 PC. Just LMAO. GJ Bungie. They must not know Halo 2 Vista is out then.

soccerbummer1104
June 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
or they dont have vista...

et_cg
June 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM
So how does H2V go about product activation/product keys?

When you go to play, it asks for the product key, you put it in, and it checks it online.

Kornman00
June 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Or they may have said that H2V is on HG. Remember, bungie originally said the game (H1) was for PCz.

And its not bungie, its a bungie slave tasked with detailing the new CD keys (not saying thats his only slave task mind you) and found a lol tidbit of info and decided to share it.

More fuel for the fire though :hist101: