PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy's review

Sakievich
June 7th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Gamespy's review of Halo 2 Vista. (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/halo-2/794460p1.html)

p0lar_bear
June 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
True dat.

Too bad they don't mention how you can't join a custom game if you don't have a gold account.

CodeBrain
June 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Basiclly, its like runescape.

They have a free account, and they have a members account. the free account gets the to play the game, without the special stuff.

Then theres the members account. They play the game and have every special benifit that the game provides. They get to do almost everything possible in the game, that the free members cant.

Halo 2 Vista and Xbox is the same thing. The sliver account gets you single player achivements, and you get to join games.

The gold account allows you matchmaking, creating games, creating dedicated servers, and multiplayer achivements.

I know runescape isnt the best game in the whole world, it was the only example i could think of.

I hope i helped you explaining Sliver and Gold accounts.

Pooky
June 8th, 2007, 12:42 AM
True dat.

Too bad they don't mention how you can't join a custom game if you don't have a gold account.

You WHAT? You mean user hosted right?

ejburke
June 8th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Too little, too late is right. This game should have been out a year and a half ago. On XP. Without GFWL.

The whole project, combined with Bungie's telling silence, is a slap in the face to PC gamers and it deserves the scores it's getting.

jahrain
June 8th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Gamespot's review was more critical on the controller autoaim vs. mouse/keybaord issues. Btw, the review says the game has Trueskill, is this true?

WolfenRage
June 8th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Theres no real matchmaking in this game just some button that brings up a ramdom (mostly empty) server. I haven't seen any form of ranking in this game, plus there is no stat tracking AFAIK.

And they should be critical of Autoaim. It so much better to be playing with a controller because of it. The testers/developers must have sucks so bad to leave it like it is. I mean c'mon watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afBT72T8AHE). Strafing feels like it has no effect against it. KBAM users have no autoaim at all and have to deal with leading shots/hoping the hits register/humongous aimers. The default sensitivity is slow, this is the first FPS where I have set the sensitivity to the max and it doesn't feel all that fast. When I get in a vehicle to so hard to aim and control it that I have to use a controller. Hell, I feel like I have the upperhand whenever im using a controller.

jahrain
June 8th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Theres no real matchmaking in this game just some button that brings up a ramdom (mostly empty) server. I haven't seen any form of ranking in this game, plus there is no stat tracking AFAIK.

And they should be critical of Autoaim. It so much better to be playing with a controller because of it. The testers/developers must have sucks so bad to leave it like it is. I mean c'mon watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afBT72T8AHE). Strafing feels like it has no effect against it. KBAM users have no autoaim at all and have to deal with leading shots/hoping the hits register/humongous aimers. The default sensitivity is slow, this is the first FPS where I have set the sensitivity to the max and it doesn't feel all that fast. When I get in a vehicle to so hard to aim and control it that I have to use a controller. Hell, I feel like I have the upperhand whenever im using a controller.Very true, I had to borrow my cousin's xbox360 controller to play this game or else I hardly ever stand a chance in most matches (especially close ranged gametypes). Actually, you should watch this:
YBzcxisbbco

ejburke
June 8th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Magnetism should only work in the direction that you're pushing the right stick. At least that would take some skill. In theory. Anything would be better than, "Look, Ma, no hands!"

Although, honestly, I probably wouldn't use it if it were enabled for kb/m. I don't like my reticle being dragged around. It screws me up more than it helps me.

Then again, I have yet to play online.

Snowy
June 8th, 2007, 11:58 AM
IGN also have their video review (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/804/804393/vids_1.html) up... hopefully with all this "The game looks so bad, and out dated" critism, we won't have to wait 3 years for Halo 3.

WolfenRage
June 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Magnetism should only work in the direction that you're pushing the right stick. At least that would take some skill. In theory. Anything would be better than, "Look, Ma, no hands!"

Although, honestly, I probably wouldn't use it if it were enabled for kb/m. I don't like my reticle being dragged around. It screws me up more than it helps me.

Then again, I have yet to play online.

Im going to record a game with me using the controller, I sometimes wonder if im even playing the game, and show you how easy it is to exploit this thing. Ive been able to 1v1 ghosts with smgs, and other unreal things. Strafing and jumping makes targets easier to kill IMO.