PDA

View Full Version : Need help with installing

DrunkenSamus
June 11th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I get this error message when I click on any of the installation buttons(custom installation, play while installing, etc...) I get this error message "redists/vcredist.msi: This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package!:mad: What do I do!?:(

EDIT: Help!?

DrunkenSamus
June 12th, 2007, 07:03 PM
:smith: I anxiously want to finally play this on the PC. Any tips!? Teekup, You must know something!

MrUncool
June 12th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Do what it says, contact Microsoft and see why your disc apparently isn't legit.

DrunkenSamus
June 14th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Nope, didn't solve anything. Whoever has an answer = cookies.

Demon
June 14th, 2007, 07:29 PM
What are your comptuer specs?

Limited
June 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Google Rox (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11083039&viewreplies=true)

DrunkenSamus
June 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Aight, it worked. And...turns out I don't have any cookies.:D

EDIT: No!! It didn't work. Apparently I have to download some type of program like Microsoft Windows Installer or something. It doesn't have to do with comp specs. I haven't the slightest clue on how to fix this error. BTW, it asks if you want to retry or cancel. Then it shows an error that an error occured while copying files.

DrunkenSamus
June 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Demon
June 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Yay! Lets double post 2x in 1 thread...

DrunkenSamus
June 16th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Hey, when you get the chance, be sarcastic a little bit. If you're busy, then don't bother. I don't want you to take your time off.

When you barely get any replies, it gets to you a bit.

MrUncool
June 16th, 2007, 11:37 AM
We're not your personal tech squad. Try repairing Vista, it looks like some of your installer files might be missing. Do any other installers not work?

Zeph
June 16th, 2007, 02:14 PM
With modern duplication techniques, your instalation disk is identical to every other out there. If you're having problems installing, it's either because you've obtained the program illegally or your disk is damaged. Either way, your best way of solving the problem is talking to Microsoft. You've paid for the product, you've paid for support. Use it.