PDA

View Full Version : Please insert disk.

jcap
June 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I have a question for those of you who have experienced a message asking to insert your disk to continue playing Halo 2 for Windows Vista. If you have had the error, PLEASE answer the following questions:

1. Before playing the game, did you fully install, OR were you using Tray & Play's feature of installing while playing?

2. What level did you get up to before the message appeared?

3. After the message appeared, what actions did you take, and what was the result of such actions (what level did you end up at next, was progress lost?)

InnerGoat
June 18th, 2007, 11:19 AM
1. Full Install.
2. Don't remember, but its later in the game.
3. I shut down for the night, and started fresh the next morning on the next level which was opened.

Dr Nick
June 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
That's odd, I don't even insert the disc to play it anymore.
Waste of power spinning a CD around.

Snaver
June 18th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Y (http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/306/lawlfq5.jpg)ou'd be surprised how many times this has popped up..

(http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/306/lawlfq5.jpg)

ejburke
June 18th, 2007, 03:53 PM
1) I fully installed, of course.
2) Seems to be a repeatable error after completing Quarantine Zone and High Charity.
3) Checkpoints are either corrupted or they don't match Live's data. Turning off achievements seems to allow the levels to complete normally. The level completion achievement and the next level are unlocked before the disc error, so in order to continue with achievements, you can select the next level manually as a workaround.

UXB
June 18th, 2007, 04:08 PM
1) Tray and play
2) Got to the begining of Gravemind
3) Cursed, tried again, shut down the game then restarted and worked OK. It told me I would lose achievements unless I started at the last checkpoint, but I started at the Gravemind level and didn't lose anything, I think... not concerned with achievements.

InnerGoat
June 19th, 2007, 11:14 AM
That's odd, I don't even insert the disc to play it anymore.
Waste of power spinning a CD around.Thank you for answering Jcap's question. +rep!