PDA

View Full Version : Will H2V run on my PC? Is it worth the money?

SavageKiller
June 20th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone,
I am a long time fan of halo and have been playing every version of each game since the day it came out, Halo CE was my all time favorite because the mapping was fun and playing custom maps made the halo universe just that much better. So i ask is buying Windows vista and Halo 2 vista worth it? Are there a lot of players or is it dead like Halo Ce? is H2EK like HEK from Halo CE?

The minimum requirements for Halo 2 Vista are as shown below.

Microsoft® Windows® Vista™
2 GHz or faster processor
1 GB of system RAM
7 GB available hard disk space
NVIDIA 6100, ATI X700, or aboveMy Question is, Will a computer run the system specs below run Halo 2 Vista well? I do not want to spend the money if it will only run on low specs.
AMD 3500+ 64-bit processor
1 GIG of PC3200 DDR RAM (Upgrading to 2 GIG soon)
200 GIG Hard Drive
Radeon X1600 512mb graphics card

Zemious
June 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM
It will run but VERY slowly.

Chromide
June 20th, 2007, 06:19 PM

lolz.....his system pwns mine cept i have 2gb ram he will be able to run it fine.....

Mr Buckshot
June 20th, 2007, 06:21 PM
dude, his card is an X1600 - it will run the game fine. Not spectacularly, but with decent settings and framerates.

Xetsuei
June 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
It will probably run it fine on settings low-medium on resolutions up to 1280x1024. Not sure what will happen if you try AA though.

TeeKup
June 20th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Dear god. 7 gigs of hard drive space? What is wrong with you?

Roostervier
June 20th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Dear god. 7 gigs of hard drive space? What is wrong with you?
He posted the requirements, unless you were being sarcastic, he said he had a 200GB HDD.

legionaire45
June 20th, 2007, 06:42 PM
It will run, probably around low to mid with stuff turned up and at a res of 1024 x 768 ish. I need to buy the game dammit....

ExileKiller
June 20th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Jesus this whole thread is sarcasim. Looks to me like that pc will kill all.

WolfenRage
June 20th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I have a X1600Pro
It runs fine on 1024x768 High settings with 4x AA
there isn't much of a diffrence as I can tell with 2-4 AA so I leave it on 2AA though
My system only has 1gb ram too

Amit
June 20th, 2007, 07:54 PM

You have probably never come in contact with this card before or even seen benchmarks of it. I have this card running on my other vista computer. My current settings for H2V on that PC is 1280x1024 resolution, high detail, and 2x AA. It has a decent framerate of 31 FPS. That PC has basically the same specs as the one I'm using currently.

Con
June 20th, 2007, 08:06 PM
The extra gig of ram you plan on buying will help immensely with this resource hog, escpecially at the beginning of campaing levels.

Bodzilla
June 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
if u want to know if the game is worth it read the thousands and thousnds of bugs/ problems/ WTF THIS IS BS threads.

SavageKiller
June 21st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Alright, Thanks to all of you who weren't sarcastic. I think Ill go a ahead and get it, hell if it doesn't work it'll just give me a reason to buy a new PC.
thanks.

UXB
June 22nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Minimum system requirements for Halo 2 for Windows Vista
http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=404

Trinx
June 22nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Uh, Dennis, he already posted the minimum requirements. :rolleyes:
That PC should run it decently at a decent framerate.

Chizzle110
August 18th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I don't have a gig of RAM i have 446 MB ram. It works fine on my pc even though i have 446 MB RAM huh. lol ITS TRUE!!!!

EDIT: It slows down at most piont and sometimes freezes but it work pretty good for my pc. Its true 446 mb of RAM. my ram chip is 512 mb but the Windows Vista reads it as 446.

Zeph
August 18th, 2007, 08:26 PM
For your first question, it will run.
For your second question, no it is not worth the money unless you absolutely must have it.
I got it and shadowrun both for 20 dollars each. The ports are soo bad I find both unplayable. Halo 2 Vista has control problems that make me unable to accurately move around and Shadowrun is alright, but my mouse and keyboard cut on and off randomly leaving me unable to move.

:gtfo: 360 controller forceware.

Mr Buckshot
August 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I don't have a gig of RAM i have 446 MB ram. It works fine on my pc even though i have 446 MB RAM huh. lol ITS TRUE!!!!

EDIT: It slows down at most piont and sometimes freezes but it work pretty good for my pc. Its true 446 mb of RAM. my ram chip is 512 mb but the Windows Vista reads it as 446.

the reason why windows reads it as 446 is because your video card is integrated and shares its memory with system RAM. It is actually 64 MB of video memory - not sure why it shows 446 instead of 448 but you should be able to find out where that extra 2 MB went to.

If I disable my Geforce 7600 GT and enable the integrated Radeon X200, then 128 MB of RAM will be stolen from my 1 GB.

Chizzle110
August 19th, 2007, 07:14 PM
[quote=Mr Buckshot;143140]the reason why windows reads it as 446 is because your video card is integrated and shares its memory with system RAM. It is actually 64 MB of video memory - not sure why it shows 446 instead of 448 but you should be able to find out where that extra 2 MB went to.

If I disable my Geforce 7600 GT and enable the integrated Radeon X200, then 128 MB of RAM will be stolen from my 1 GB.

How do i get my 2 Mb back?

nooBBooze
August 20th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Will it run on ur PC? Probably.
Will it be worth it? Wait for the price to drop. And if you havent a gold account, wait for it to drop to 20 bucks per copy. You will still regret having spent 10 bucks more than what its actualy worth but it probably wont get any cheaper (price wise:().
Other than that, keep praying for some hax so modding will allow some skilled ppl around here to imrpove the game experience.

Agamemnon
August 20th, 2007, 10:09 AM
...or even seen benchmarks of it.
Uh, have you? It's out-performed by the X800.

Mr Buckshot
August 20th, 2007, 03:54 PM
How do i get my 2 Mb back?

You don't get it back directly. When in-game the 2 MB should be back. I don't know how to explain this, but 1 or 2 MB being missing during a system specs scan is not uncommon at all. For example, I used to have a laptop with 512 MB dedicated RAM. When systemrequirementslabs scanned it, it showed up as 511 MB even though my video card did not share system RAM.

When Windows Vista scans my current desktop, it can show up as 1022 MB instead of 1024 (1 GB). Don't worry about it at all. It happens to everyone.

But I highly recommend you double your amount of RAM asap. Even if you're not gaming, Windows Vista does struggle with less than 3/4 GB of RAM. When playing high-end games on Vista, 2 GB RAM becomes very helpful, which is why I plan to upgrade to 2 GB soon (desktop only, since my laptop has XP).

And you might want to get a real video card (you are using a desktop, right?) so that you don't lose system RAM to your integrated video. A video card's own memory is much faster than the main system memory.

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 03:57 PM
It is also located directly on the chip which creates a lower latency.

As for missing a few megabytes of memory, there is always a small label on the package of a hard drive or RAM saying "Actual size may vary" or some such statement.

Pooky
August 20th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone,
I am a long time fan of halo and have been playing every version of each game since the day it came out, Halo CE was my all time favorite because the mapping was fun and playing custom maps made the halo universe just that much better. So i ask is buying Windows vista and Halo 2 vista worth it? Are there a lot of players or is it dead like Halo Ce? is H2EK like HEK from Halo CE?

The minimum requirements for Halo 2 Vista are as shown below.
Microsoft® Windows® Vista™
2 GHz or faster processor
1 GB of system RAM
7 GB available hard disk space
NVIDIA 6100, ATI X700, or aboveMy Question is, Will a computer run the system specs below run Halo 2 Vista well? I do not want to spend the money if it will only run on low specs.
AMD 3500+ 64-bit processor
1 GIG of PC3200 DDR RAM (Upgrading to 2 GIG soon)
200 GIG Hard Drive
Radeon X1600 512mb graphics card

Bullshit. Those are a bit better than my specs, and I can run it at 1024 x 768 at medium with ~ 30 fps. The people saying you need to have a high end PC for the game to be playable and look decent are full of it.

The only thing I can think of, is if you are infact using windows vista, you might need a bit of an upgrade, as I'm running it on XP.