PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Wowloader pathcing problem..

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 13th, 2007, 04:26 PM
ok well i legally own halo 2 vista and ive inserted my key in it, then when i play the game it loads and i go and sign into live it tells me that i have to update it i go and update then when it finishes the game crashes and gives me an error, also i used the manual update program and it still didnt work 0.0 please help me...

Knight
July 13th, 2007, 06:30 PM
There is no support for people who use it on XP.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
... i asked for help, not a post that doesnt help...

DrunkenSamus
July 13th, 2007, 08:03 PM
... i asked for help, not a post that doesnt help...

Wow....you are really nice.

Knight's post actually answered your question.

p0lar_bear
July 14th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Knight's post actually answered your question.

Yes.

Users who are using Wowloader to run the game on Windows XP are doing so at their own risk. You are using the game outside of its recommended scope. Lots of stuff will break, and a lot of times, nobody will have a solution because there is none. This is one of those times.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 14th, 2007, 08:36 AM
o
ok
if anyone has a solutuion *such as a prepatched file* please tell me

legionaire45
July 16th, 2007, 01:07 AM
o
ok
if anyone has a solutuion *such as a prepatched file* please tell me
I'm pretty sure that even a pre patched file won't help you. The Wowloader code has many issues and isn't supported by Microsoft, Hired Gun or Bungie, so don't expect it to work.

And for the love of god please fix your typos.

Flood55
July 16th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Go download the updates manually of the Microsoft Halo 2 website (go to support and its update1.exe). Install it then go back into Halo 2. It should not ask for it again and you should be able to get on live.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 21st, 2007, 11:17 AM
the manual updates didnt work... but i did get the update through my vista bootup and copied it over, now it works fine but i cant connect to any servers...
and if i start it up in vista its really slow, and the ram i just bought didnt work so i gotta get a replacement..

Xetsuei
July 21st, 2007, 01:20 PM
Don't be expecting to run H2V well with your horrible setup.

Cortexian
July 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Thats because there is no online support for Halo 2 Vista on Windows XP.

Oh and there is one solution:
Buy Windows Vista.

Knight
July 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Now thats a great solution. But I believe he said he had it on his Vista bootup..

Cortexian
July 29th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Now thats a great solution. But I believe he said he had it on his Vista bootup..
No, he didn't, he said he got an update through his Vista bootup. He could have pirated it.

Anyways, he should just install and run H2V on Vista, then he wouldn't have a a problem.

kenney001
July 29th, 2007, 11:23 PM
hes trying to do this because H2v runs incredibally faster and smoother in XP and requires lower system specs. I have first-hand expirience with this.

The thing is, even with the updates, you still cant play online on xp. Its something the Wowloader had to disable to allow it to run in XP. I myself, as most others do also, see all the servers, but it wont connect to any of them. This is something specifically stated in the Wowloader, and cannot be fixed without serious reverse-engineering and programming.

Your best bet is to either play the campagin, or set your settings to completely low and play mp on vista.

SuperSunny
July 31st, 2007, 07:53 AM
hes trying to do this because H2v runs incredibally faster and smoother in XP and requires lower system specs. I have first-hand expirience with this.

The thing is, even with the updates, you still cant play online on xp. Its something the Wowloader had to disable to allow it to run in XP. I myself, as most others do also, see all the servers, but it wont connect to any of them. This is something specifically stated in the Wowloader, and cannot be fixed without serious reverse-engineering and programming.

Your best bet is to either play the campagin, or set your settings to completely low and play mp on vista.

Really? From everyone else I've talked to, it ran worse!?!

p0lar_bear
July 31st, 2007, 09:43 PM

i would think h2v on XP would run a little better, since XP has less of an overhead than vista.

InnerGoat
July 31st, 2007, 10:09 PM
It runs better on XP, even if it is showing a lower FPS. My results from benchmarking H2V in XP and Vista were not too accurate, because H2V is always stuttering in Vista for me. It's a big difference when 1920x1200 is sorta playable on Vista, and then adding 4xAA to that under XP and having it play even better yet.

SuperSunny
August 1st, 2007, 11:15 AM
It runs better on XP, even if it is showing a lower FPS. My results from benchmarking H2V in XP and Vista were not too accurate, because H2V is always stuttering in Vista for me. It's a big difference when 1920x1200 is sorta playable on Vista, and then adding 4xAA to that under XP and having it play even better yet.

Ah, I see! I read about the strange benchmarking, where Halo 2 ran at a different FPS than was shown.

Makes me really really wonder why the game isn't out for XP if it runs better.

Halo2Vista
August 1st, 2007, 11:26 AM
because the greedy bastards weren't thinking and they wanted as much money out of this as possible because h2v would come out right after vista so they wanted all the pc gamers to move to vista just to play the game which is the same as the xbox version but no xtra stuff added in also like the collectors edition for h2 XB and MSGS said and admitted to fucking up the whole game, and saving the game is confusing to me because in halo 1 you just save at check point and keep going on, you dont have to exit the SP mode just to save.

Cortexian
August 3rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
I have NO problems running H2V on high settings in Vista, I've installed it on my XP computer with WoW loader, and I saw NO difference.

p0lar_bear
August 4th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I have NO problems running H2V on high settings in Vista, I've installed it on my XP computer with WoW loader, and I saw NO difference.

Super-duper high-end computers need not apply.

Xetsuei
August 4th, 2007, 01:51 AM
His comp only qualifies as high-end.

AMD
August 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
i can see why some people have problems with the wowloader and the mod is pretty jagged around the edges, but soon enough i'm sure people will get the wowloader really improved.

Con
August 5th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't say soon. The creator himself came here practically looking for someone to finish it for him. We don't have a lot of people who would devote their time to something like that for reasons that mostly don't apply to them. I think it was Jahrain who said the programmers around here just do what interests them.

By the way, welcome to the forums! +rep for you (tone down the AMD fanboyness a bit though XD)

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM
why is amd banned already?

Con
August 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM
AMD was Halo2Vista's duplicate account, which he used to bump his own sad excuse for a thread.

supersniper
August 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Ha poor guy his plan didn't work out so well.

Digikid
August 12th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Good Riddance.