PDA

View Full Version : that's interesting

Rob Oplawar
July 14th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hey TheGhost, you should put together a little script to track the number of users in each forum every ten minutes or so and compile a graph out of it (I love graphs)

I'm just sayin this because I just noticed that ten minutes ago there were 70 users viewing the Halo 2 Editing and General Discussion forum, and now there are 3. I'd be interested to see why these waves happen on the forums- it would be really cool if one could write a script that could track where each viewer is coming from- if say the majority of a rush comes from HBO after a link gets frontpaged, for example. Just a little piece of random and useless but nonetheless interesting information.

I know if it were me I'd say hell no I've got way too much else to do, but I'm just sayin, you know, food for thought.

ExAm
July 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Personally, i think it's a glitch. Unless we have shitloads of lurkers on here every day, I don't think there are 70 users viewing any one section at any time.

Pooky
July 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Unless we have shitloads of lurkers on here every day,

Keep in mind this site hosts the CMT forums.

Rob Oplawar
July 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Well I'm pretty sure those counts include guests. It's conceivable that some site linked here and a bunch of those visitors came here to look at one thing and then move on. It's that sort of thing I'd like to be able to observe, and say oh look at that, all these people are being directed to this post from Digg or something. Although I'm pretty sure if this site got Dugg, it would have a stroke.