PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Postbit vs. Horizontal

Con
July 16th, 2007, 12:01 AM
What do you use?

For me, the horizontal (new)
:iia:

Edit by TheGhost: For those of you who are confused, there are now two postbits to choose from - they control how you view each user's post. One of them (the "standard" one) has the avatar and user info on the left of the post. The "new" horizontal one has all of the information across the top of the post. If you'd like to switch which postbit you're using, go to UserCP > Edition Options, and you can change it in the Thread Display Options area.

Pooky
July 16th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Vertical.

dg
July 16th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I must be missing out :-(

Could someone tell me what "postbits" are?

CtrlAltDestroy
July 16th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Vertical.

Emmzee
July 16th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Diagonal.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 16th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Aren't you funny.

Emmzee
July 16th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Aren't you funny.
I'm serious. It's so much newer than horizontal, and therefore much better. Picture the Holocaust. Diagonal is the exact opposite of that.

Masterz1337
July 16th, 2007, 12:22 AM
I use the new one. Nice change after being at GBX since 2004.

Bastinka
July 16th, 2007, 12:30 AM
I must be missing out :-(

Could someone tell me what "postbits" are?
Yeah, what are 'postbits' ?

Timo
July 16th, 2007, 12:33 AM
A post-bit is the table that makes up a post. If you have a horizontal post-bit, the information is displayed at the top of each post. For vertical, information is displayed at the side.

Initially I hate the horizontal post-bit, but now I love it :d

StankBacon
July 16th, 2007, 12:34 AM
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

go there and select which postbit you want to use.

i prefer the legacy one.

OmegaDragon
July 16th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I preffer the new one :p

legionaire45
July 16th, 2007, 12:37 AM
new one.

Archon23
July 16th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I prefered the vertical one at first but after using horizontal for a few days I've warmed up to it.

Kornman00
July 16th, 2007, 12:46 AM
upside down plz

thx

jcap
July 16th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah, what are 'postbits' ?
Why the hell do I waste my time explaining stuff if it is never read? (Note that this is not only directed at you.)

For one, the ‘postbit’ is now a user-selectable option. The postbit is basically the template the the forum uses to display posts on. The default is what you’re all already used to, but you can choose between the horizontal and vertical through the options menu in your user control panel. You will find it under “Postbit Template Selection”.

Edit: Come to think of it, I can understand how it could not be understood by some. Ghost did a better job explaining it in his edit.

megaxp
July 16th, 2007, 01:03 AM
horizontal

Con
July 16th, 2007, 01:30 AM
I prefered the vertical one at first but after using horizontal for a few days I've warmed up to it.
Yeah, same. p0lar added a nice avatar resize plugin to make it awesome. It was gross before. I think the new theme just takes a few days to get used to.

n00b1n8R
July 16th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Why the hell do I waste my time explaining stuff if it is never read? (Note that this is not only directed at you.

not everyone reads the news/main page. the only reason I read it was because I loged on at a different computer to what I usually do and didn't put the /forums on the end..

it seems... weird. the avatars are too small tbh D:
and I hate how admins have the whole bar colourd. perhaps a way to dissable that? (it doesn't do it on vertical and it only pisses me off on horizontal.)

but it seems interesting and i'm sure i'll get used to it :)

EDIT: actually, no fuck that. my avatar looks gross D:

CN3089
July 16th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Don't really care. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-geno.gif

someone
July 16th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I like the horizontal one:)

rossmum
July 16th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Vertical. Horizontal reminds me of a ton of forums I'd rather not think of while here (FileFront, anyone?) and is just a pain after being used to vertical.

Revord
July 16th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Horizontal. It took a few minutes to get used to it, but it really looks nice.

Roostervier
July 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I use vertical, and I don't feel up to changing it.

Atty
July 16th, 2007, 04:58 PM
The new one is nice, the old one was good, but...I choose the new. :3

Digikid
July 16th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Diagonal.
And I was thinking that this thread was dedicated to "positions" :XD::D :hump:

ExAm
July 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I kinda prefer to look at the avatars in their original size, but I kinda like the horizontal. I might just switch.

TeeKup
July 16th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Vertical. The avatars are clearer and look cooler.

Bodzilla
July 17th, 2007, 04:52 AM
i... i'm not ready to change. the box is fine just the way it is.

Vert ftw \m/

Agamemnon
July 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I would've chosen horizontal if the avatars weren't shrunk in the process.

jcap
July 17th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I would've chosen horizontal if the avatars weren't shrunk in the process.
I doubt you, or anyone else, would appreciate it more if the user info panel took up more than 1/2 of the post...

Agamemnon
July 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Well it looked good in beta. Then again, we weren't allowed avatars. Just a small irk.

et_cg
July 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I changed it to horizontal, and I'm too lazy to go back. So I voted horizontal. lol

I did like the legacy (vertical) a lot. It seemed to be what I was used to. But now that I've seen the differences I like both:

Vertical:

-Admins/Moderator posts have a colored reply box, that is much more smoother than the dark gradient that we have in the horizontal bar.

-Avatars, and signatures seemed to have an old familiar feeling/flow.

-Buttons were easy to associate.

Horizontal:

-Creates a cleaner look for the forums, it seems to feel like a standard height for each postbit.

-Feels semi-natural, yet the information feels spread too far apart.

-Easy to get used to, if you're lazy, or just like it in general.

[EDIT] I just realized how much you could sexualize my statements. Feel free... :(