PDA

View Full Version : Fraps Problem

Flyboy
July 18th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Now over the past...month. I've een having some trouble with H2v and fraps that makes me want to. :suicide:Sometimes it takes a minutes, some times it takes thirty seconds, some times it takes two seconds, but it always happens. Some time in recording the game will freeze up. It will still run, I can hear the back ground noises and the real time motion of myself walking, reloading etc. The controls still work, everything works except for the fact that the game freezes at the frame it stopped at. And the only way to get my FPS going again is to restart Halo. This is becoming a pain in the ass for my filming, and capture cards for PC's are a little expensive (1 grand). So I could really use some advise for any of you that can fix this. If you need my specs just hit the spec button on my profile.

BorgScooby
July 18th, 2007, 12:08 PM
What version are you using? 2.9.0 or 2.9.1?

Flyboy
July 18th, 2007, 02:53 PM
It does the same with every single version I use. And all the other recorders do the same thing except for Zd soft, which often records a black screen or drops my fps down to like 4. And this will happen with all my other games as well.

Flyboy
July 19th, 2007, 01:09 AM
This is worth a new post. I just fixed the problem by updating my drivers (I hope I fixed it, I've gone three minutes recording without crashing). Now, I have a new problem. All the textures are replaced with odd colors and flashing effects. This can be fixed quickly by minimizing the game then starting it again, so it's only a minor annoyance.

Also, my FPS has dropped considerably. I now can't run the game on full resolution (1280 x 1024) on medium, before I could do it on high. However on smaller resolutions, the game is playable.

So all in all, I'm happy, though some more help wold be nice.