PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Geometry

Masterz1337
July 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I just installed H2v on my new machine, and all the geometry ingame flickers. Has anyone else had this problem? My PC specs

Intel Quad core 2.4ghz, 64 bit.
4 Gigs of ram
Nvidia 8800GTX
Nforce 680i LT Motherboard.

Hotrod
July 30th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Maybe it's because your computer is too good.

TheGhost
July 30th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Update drivers, DirectX, check 64-bit compatibility.

fletcher77
July 30th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I just installed H2v on my new machine, and all the geometry ingame flickers. Has anyone else had this problem? My PC specs

Intel Quad core 2.4ghz, 64 bit.
4 Gigs of ram
Nvidia 8800GTX
Nforce 680i LT Motherboard.

Make sure to turn vsync on. you will have to set it in the nvida control panel. to on always. I have a 8800 gtx and this game is unplayable with out it on

UXB
July 30th, 2007, 05:07 PM
It is definately the Nvidia driver. I had the same problem (same card) and had to play with the driver settings to get the geometry edges to look right and stop flickering. Unfortunately I don't remember which setting fixed it so I am not much help other than to confirm that it is just a setting in the V driver.

et_cg
July 30th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Are you only seeing this problem in Sapien? *asks on AIM*

boltdwright
July 30th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Are you only seeing this problem in Sapien? *asks on AIM*
Whats your AIM so i can add you dude?

Ki11a_FTW
July 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM
im sure masterz didnt post this to give out his aim.

et_cg
July 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM
im sure masterz didnt post this to give out his aim.

I think he was talking about me...

Anyways, as for his problem, it seems as though it isn't much of a pain for him. I wouldn't be too worried about it. I mean BSOD is only just a small hitch in the road for Masterz, what's a little geometry processing error?

OSHI--! I just figured out what may be the problem. >_< There's been buzz on the internet that the 8800's have a little bit of an Architecture problem that processes 3d geometry with barely noticable differences/errors. I guess this one isn't following like that. Then again, may just be me speculating again.

InnerGoat
July 30th, 2007, 08:16 PM
OSHI--! I just figured out what may be the problem. >_< There's been buzz on the internet that the 8800's have a little bit of an Architecture problem that processes 3d geometry with barely noticable differences/errors. I guess this one isn't following like that. Then again, may just be me speculating again.No, and that buzz is months old now and nothing had been proven.:eyesroll:

Also, it is just old drivers. Go run whatever is the latest beta set and enjoy.

ps- lol jcap :D