PDA

View Full Version : Attention Florida drivers

Agamemnon
August 5th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Attention
These are new fines that were implemented on 8/1/07 for the State of Florida.
1. As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.
2. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
3. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
4. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection - $485.
5. Driving on the shoulder - $450.
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
8. DUI (Driving under Influence = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years)
No fucking joke. $1,000 for that HOV lane ticket. Talk about college tuition fees down the drain.

Kornman00
August 5th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be extra careful on my motorcycle when I finally go on vacation from germany

3mi, wow :eyesroll:

rossmum
August 5th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Wow, we've only had that for the last few decades...

Consider yourselves fucking lucky that your government doesn't give a shit about road fatalities. They'll be taking away our fucking accelerators next.

Stealth
August 5th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Dude, Utah needs that, I'm getting people driving up my tail pipe as they're on the phone and I'm on my motor bike.
Oh, and Rossmum, there are some roads in my city that has more pot holes then most of the dirt roads around here. My streat use to be one of them.

et_cg
August 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
At least we know they care about stupid people. :D

rossmum
August 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Oh, and Rossmum, there are some roads in my city that has more pot holes then most of the dirt roads around here. My streat use to be one of them.
It's so obvious that you've never been here that it's not even funny. Rough, unsurfaced tracks put most of our roads to shame.

Atty
August 5th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I hate this place...

..Florida, that is.

Emmzee
August 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
The fine for talking on a cell phone while driving here in North Carolina is $25.

Sucks to be you guys.

Bodzilla
August 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Consider yourselves fucking lucky that your government doesn't give a shit about road fatalities. They'll be taking away our fucking accelerators next.
i...

i think i love u.

It's so obvious that you've never been here that it's not even funny. Rough, unsurfaced tracks put most of our roads to shame.
<3

also guys why would they spend money on buying the proper materials to build the roads when they can cut corners :haw:

if u guys drove on the NATIONAL highway, u would shit yourselves laughing tbh. Why hello intersections, potholes, parts of the roads that havnt been touched in 30 years.
our goverment is made of fucking retarded idiots that claim all the Fines and shit are to make our roads safer. Then non of the money they get from fines goes to the road, they dig trenches off the side of the road and fill them with Boulders, we have lane deviders that will cut a biker in half if he hit them, they fuck up corners and they build roads that dont last a year cause they skimp and cut corners.
our goverment is awesome.

Amit
August 5th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The fine for talking on a cell phone here in Ontario is 100% discount off original price....lol for ever!:p They may change that soon.

Emmzee
August 5th, 2007, 04:44 PM
also guys why would they spend money on buying the proper materials to build the roads when they can cut corners :haw:

if u guys drove on the NATIONAL highway, u would shit yourselves laughing tbh. Why hello intersections, potholes, parts of the roads that havnt been touched in 30 years.
our goverment is made of fucking retarded idiots that claim all the Fines and shit are to make our roads safer. Then non of the money they get from fines goes to the road, they dig trenches off the side of the road and fill them with Boulders, we have lane deviders that will cut a biker in half if he hit them, they fuck up corners and they build roads that dont last a year cause they skimp and cut corners.
our goverment is awesome.
The reason the Australian government is that way is easily explained in Mad Max starring Mel Gibson, gosh.

Kornman00
August 5th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Speaking of, iTunes need to put up the rest of the series :/

paladin
August 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM
same laws for Washington, only effective 07/01/2007.

Kornman00
August 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Let me guess, Texas is effective 09/01/2007 >_>

Limited
August 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
1. Yeah we have had now, you get fined and I think you get points on your license too.
2. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
2. Construction zone? wtf is that
3. Carpool lane - thats like a taxi lane?
4. Its an offence here, not sure if its fine worthy
5. Yup
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - WTF you dont have to wear your seat belt over 18??
7. Here in UK it depends what zone your in, if your in 30 and you go 34 your fucked, if its like 54 in a 50 your more likely to get off
8. How long in jail?

Emmzee
August 5th, 2007, 06:20 PM
3. Carpool lane - thats like a taxi lane?
The HOV, or High-Occupancy Vehicle, lane is strictly for cars with 2 or more people in them. People regularly just go through it even when they're alone, as it's faster, but cops have started cracking down on it.

Limited
August 5th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Wow we need those lanes in UK. Its to make people want to share cars instead of go severally to people right?

Bad Waffle
August 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
One carpool lane doesnt work taht well--because then there are either a) too many people in the carpool or b) not enough because everybody drives by themselves.

I think it would work if they made it two carpool lanes or more, because then people would be FORCED to ride with another lest they want to be stuck in a jam. I totally dont care, because i would rather ride a bike than drive a car (if only my family could afford it).

Kornman00
August 5th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Oh for crying out loud, just start producing the fucking flying cars

Wakeboy1337
August 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I'll be getting my Permit within the next few weeks. Ughhhh

Wish me luck.

TeeKup
August 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM
At least we know they care about stupid people. :D

No one should care about the ignorant.

Which brings me to my fav quote from Carlos Mencia:
"The problem with america is natural selection, there aren't enough smart people eating the stupid people."

legionaire45
August 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Oh for crying out loud, just start producing the fucking flying cars
I concur.
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/flying-car-front.jpg
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Atty
August 5th, 2007, 10:42 PM
People are stupid enough when they only have to deal with two forms of movement, forward and backwards (acceleration and deceleration) and side to side, add a third variable with height and I don't know what will happen. I can't see 88&#37; of Americans (and this is a lenient estimate) being able to fly a flying vehicle with any sort of proficiency. Car accidents would exponentially grow, idiot drivers would be so more abundant, and so many other terrible things would happen.

Honestly, you are on the forty eighth floor of your New York office and some sixteen year old punk with his dads Mercedes Aviator flys into your cubicle because he was talking on his Cell Phone, wouldn't that just be a bitch?

itszutak
August 5th, 2007, 11:56 PM
The fine for talking on a cell phone while driving here in North Carolina is $25.

Sucks to be you guys.

Yeah, but you live in north carolina. :/

n00b1n8R
August 6th, 2007, 12:35 AM

I agree with this post.

what's the big deal? don't break the law and your cool >_>

Kornman00
August 6th, 2007, 12:37 AM
It was a joke :-3

n00b1n8R
August 6th, 2007, 01:31 AM
then it wasn't funny.

Kornman00
August 6th, 2007, 05:28 AM
then it wasn't funny.
neither is stealing zilla's jello man

n00b1n8R
August 6th, 2007, 05:33 AM
oh snap.

:(

but as I said, it wasn't zilla's to begin with. it was henly's of cyberslam.com.au and as he ditch'd it for that shitty avatar I stold it D:

Emmzee
August 6th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but you live in north carolina. :/
That was a low blow.

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
People are stupid enough when they only have to deal with two forms of movement, forward and backwards (acceleration and deceleration) and side to side, add a third variable with height and I don't know what will happen. I can't see 88&#37; of Americans (and this is a lenient estimate) being able to fly a flying vehicle with any sort of proficiency. Car accidents would exponentially grow, idiot drivers would be so more abundant, and so many other terrible things would happen.

Honestly, you are on the forty eighth floor of your New York office and some sixteen year old punk with his dads Mercedes Aviator flys into your cubicle because he was talking on his Cell Phone, wouldn't that just be a bitch?

You deserve some +rep for that one (when I can).

As for North Carolina, I can't stand that state, no offense. Raleigh-Duram is especially bad.

Talking on the cell phone while driving is one of the main sources of traffic congestion from my experience, so seeing a heftier fine is welcome by me.

Cortexian
August 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Rofl, no fucking wonder, when I was in Florida for vacation (in and around Disney World and Universal, as well as Orlando) at least 50&#37; of drivers just switched lanes without signaling. WTF! Is it legal to switch lanes down there without signaling or something? Up here in Alberta if you switch lanes without signaling its like a $250 fine.

Then again, most drivers up here are actually educated on how to drive properly. I'm talking week long courses on driving. At least it's legal to talk on cell phones while driving up here :awesome:.