PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]Translation

mined
August 5th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Hello internet.

I figured it is about time I make a map. What I have below is a product of my lunch breaks at work for the last week. Please excuse the skinning, everything will be tweaked as I go of course. There is obviously much more to come including a large waterfall and pond that empties into a small stream. This will be a warthog friendly map with plenty of jumps and fun obstacles. I have a pretty good idea of the final product, however, I have yet to get a good grasp on the H2 game play.

I still have not bought the game, however, this should be remedied in a few weeks. As I put more pics of the map up please feel free to give serious ideas about game play, weapon placement and spawning points.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1662/translation1pa4.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3954/translation2tc9.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5923/translation3ag1.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1182/translation4am0.jpg

et_cg
August 5th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Looks fabulous. I believe you just may have created a relic. As for the type of map it will be, it seems as it's going to be terraineous and closed?

Great job for just lunch breaks!

mined
August 5th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks. I would say relic meets infinity in terms of general design...not necessarily game play. It will have canyon topography, with the water pooling in front of the existing trees and then spills into a small stream that winds under the central bridges. A goal of mine is to have the interior bases so that they are visible to each other across the span a deep interior shaft under the waterfall. The map circulation layout is actually like danger canyon in terms of how it forms a loose "c." Therefore the bases will be in close proximity to each other although it will be a good run to get from one to the other.

korori
August 5th, 2007, 07:22 PM
One Word "WOW" . Keep us updated with this map. :)

Bastinka
August 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Really nice work!

Kornman00
August 5th, 2007, 07:38 PM
looks fucking :awesome:

Flyboy
August 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
:ohsnap:

Stealth
August 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM
on more fine looking modeling job by mined!

flibitijibibo
August 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Wowz, that's really good looking. This only took you a week? Heh, by the time I made a third of that structure, Bungie would have remade Marathon. Twice.

teh lag
August 5th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Oh hell, you've got some awesomes brewing there.

Con
August 5th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Reminds me a lot of Ejburke's map, Portent. From the looks of it so far, it's going to be just as sexy if not sexier when done.

Kornman00
August 5th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Also made me think of that one map by DocOct that was 3 or 4 islands with a structure like that. I think it was released...

Bastinka
August 5th, 2007, 07:54 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2318/translation2tc9dv0.jpg
Either faces stacked ontop each other, or a messup with the render. :-3

mined
August 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
^ lol @ crit. My render = fail. It is not stacked polys.

Thanks for the good words everyone.

Bastinka
August 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Very nice, I hope its for Halo CE too. :downs:

Roostervier
August 5th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Hawt shit. I think it looks great, once I get my comp back up I should work on forerunner architecture too. Looks spot on to me, :awesome:

BobtheGreatII
August 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Nice work man, keep it up.

Bastinka
August 5th, 2007, 08:20 PM
As a new smiley would put it, :tweekawesome: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/SilentWindPL/tweek_awesome.gif

Keep up the good work! Beautiful.

Llama Juice
August 6th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Cant wait. Looks amazing.

Sever
August 6th, 2007, 06:23 AM
<- Agrees with SilentWindPL's hopes for a HCE version.

It's just too awesome for one game. It needs to dominate both H1 and H2.

et_cg
August 6th, 2007, 07:02 AM
<- Agrees with SilentWindPL's hopes for a HCE version.

It's just too awesome for one game. It needs to dominate both H1 and H2.

But then you just can't say; "Hey, lets go play Translation." You have to add the gay acknowledgement of which game it belongs to. :P

"Let's go play Th2."
"Dude, learn to spell."
"Wha, then want to play Th1?"
"Dude, shuttup."

I can see those conversations going well. ;)

DaneO'Roo
August 6th, 2007, 08:27 AM
amazing design.

:D

Dole
August 6th, 2007, 08:43 AM
That is hawt, you are hawt. Good day sir.

Warningshot3
August 6th, 2007, 10:11 AM
wow. this makes me want to work harder on my map and also inspires me.

LlamaMaster
August 6th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Holy fucking mother shit of tap dancing Jesus Christ thats hot! Epic, I don't really see gameplay in it though. :awesome:

CrippieBoy
August 6th, 2007, 12:56 PM
it looks sweet, but you sure you can get it into the game looking that awesome...

anyway great job.

p.s. i just splooged little...

Skyline
August 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM
This looks amazing. The cliffs look like they need some work though.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5084/cliffsdks1.jpg

mined
August 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Any terrain, at this point is just place-holding geometry. It is still in early development, so the comments about the errors are to be expected. As I post new pics, I would appreciate any comments on gameplay. I am wholly unfamiliar with H2 gameplay, so any suggestions in that direction as things progress would be great. I will post a plan view of the map as soon as I can.

Tweek
August 6th, 2007, 05:41 PM
i don't like it. :<
it's too wizzy wozzy and extrude frenzy :<
even though it's not, i just cant find the word for it. care?

i know that's not even like 5&#37; of the final thing, but meh. do more and make me like kk

hobojoe
August 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I think if you make 4 bases for muli flag CTF. I think it whould have a greater hit.

Stealth
August 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
looks like right now he has 2 bases, the big one, and the walk ways in the cliff side.

Skyline
August 6th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I think if you make 4 bases for muli flag CTF. I think it whould have a greater hit. I think it would be a great idea if you put in 4 bases instead of the usual 2.
I would disagree, for one right now there are maybe a little over 50-60 people online at max. Getting at least 12 people in a server on a custom map would be difficult. Also gameplay would be more difficult to balance unless the map is entirely symetrical (Such as warlock).

hobojoe
August 16th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Ah. Ok I was just making a suggestion.

stunt_man
August 17th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I would disagree, for one right now there are maybe a little over 50-60 people online at max. Getting at least 12 people in a server on a custom map would be difficult. Also gameplay would be more difficult to balance unless the map is entirely symetrical (Such as warlock).

And will H2V's playerbase always be this weak? mined, don't optimize your map for something that could change, you might regret it. Just my two-cents.

Looking good, by the way. Any progress? It's been awhile since you last posted...

mined
August 17th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I should have a new update soon. I have only had time the past week to basically look at it and think about what was going to be built next. The central tower is almost complete. I am working on the interior.

As far as the game layout is concerned. I plan on making it set up for a full house. I believe, in the end, that it will have enough topography and player circulation to make interesting no matter what the player count is.

mined
August 17th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Nothing special. Just a pic of how the main tower is working out. http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2384/translation6ty2.jpg

Bastinka
August 17th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Very nice! But smoothing could be redone in a few areas :|

Agamemnon
August 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM
:eng101:
What is your infatuation with correcting a person's sentence structure in their posts?

Skyline
August 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM
What is your infatuation with correcting a person's sentence structure in their posts?
I could barely understand it myself. So I put it into a readable form.

Rob Oplawar
August 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Looking good! Reminds me of Portent (and believe me, that's a compliment!)

I'm curious as to how it will balance two or 4 teams, if it has 3 apparently equal sections- but then, it's probably a false assumption that it's radially symmetric...?

mined
September 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I finally invested in Halo 2 a couple of days ago. I have never played it before, so with the experience came a better understanding of the H2 specific game play. At any rate, I have revamped just about everything. The bridge access to the center tower has now been moved underground with several access points. Hopefully I will have a better overview of the map as a whole soon. In the mean time here is a quick shot of the center tower interior.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5/translation1ph9.jpg

Con
September 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Looks great, mined! Those little things in the top of the doorways are neat.

mined
September 8th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks, Conscars. Here is a pic of the outside. Working in progress:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9466/translation2yk2.jpg

Ki11a_FTW
September 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
very very nice

Sever
September 8th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Quite nice, and not too large, either, as I can see from the warthog reference in that doorway. So far your map, FireScythe's Posterity, and paladin's Compound are my three main selling points for getting H2V. I might have to upgrade soon...

Bodzilla
September 9th, 2007, 02:11 AM
dude taht looks awesome.
i've allways been a big fan of massive forrerunner strutures in maps.
it just gives it that "epic" feel to it.

and your doing it perfectly.
i'd rep u but apparently i allreayd have :downs:

DaneO'Roo
September 9th, 2007, 02:52 AM
thats fucking awesome ;D

Mass
September 9th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Crunk.

xExus
September 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Oh ho, sweet!

(spoiler)
Looks like that big building in campain where you kill Tartarus and preventing the Index to activate the Halo(s).

TeeKup
September 9th, 2007, 04:13 PM
My god, you understand forerunner architecture to a point where its simply baffling. I fucking love the whole structure.

Tweek
September 10th, 2007, 03:12 PM
this makes me want to start a map too : /

StankBacon
September 10th, 2007, 03:53 PM
very nice.

Mass
September 10th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Please do. ;D

mined
September 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the good words, everyone. I had time at lunch to work more on the landscape. I am hoping I might be able to show a basic layout tonight. That way you all can see (or guess) where I am going with the gameplay.

Tweek, I took your last comment in this thread about "extruding frenzy" to heart. I hope I haven't disappointed. :)

BTW, if you like let the +rep flow. :p

Pooky
September 10th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I hate to make suggestions about such a beautiful looking map, but the name translation makes me thing there should be some element of change evident here... Maybe older structures evolving into newer ones as you get further out, like Cortana was talking about in the level Regret. It is of course your map, but I'm a sucker for names that actually have signifigance, besides just being a cool word. :(

mined
September 10th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I hate to make suggestions about such a beautiful looking map, but the name translation makes me thing there should be some element of change evident here... Maybe older structures evolving into newer ones as you get further out, like Cortana was talking about in the level Regret. It is of course your map, but I'm a sucker for names that actually have signifigance, besides just being a cool word. :(

Patience. The name has significance. In more than one way.

All you have to see at the moment are a few clay renders. I have put these out for artistic critique. For example, Tweek commented on the aesthetic of my original structure. I took what he said, started looking at all the Halo concept art and came up with what I have now.

Next up is a preview of the layout, so I can get some community review of what I have for the basic player circulation. At that point, I will be ready to do an in-game alpha. Everything I am doing here has a purpose. ;)

Bastinka
September 10th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Please do. ;D
:)

Tweeks map would be :awesome:... So I assume :eyesroll:

Sever
September 10th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I hope that you are putting PLENTY of thought into layout. No matter how awesome a map can look, the layout is what really makes or breaks it. Also, if you're having trouble when it comes tome to place the weapons, talk to me. I know a lot about weapon placement, and how the mere existence of a weapon at a location can change the way a player acts and reacts.

Corndogman
September 10th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Hi guys, most of you probably dont know who i am, with the exception of massacre and a few others. I hang out over at halomaps.org and i decided i would explore a bit. i have to say this looks amazing. I too am a sucker for awesome forerunner structures. they are my favorite thing about the halo universe. Mined, you are amazing. keep up the good work. also please do a dual release for this. there is a possibility that i will get H2V but right now i play HCE. +rep for you.

mined
September 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hey corndog, I glad you like it and welcome to this forum. I am actually seriously considering making this a dual release mainly because I love "race" and I believe this map would be a pretty good race map. I certainly know HCE a lot better than the new H2 way of doing things. I may work out any geometry/shader issues through HCE tool before I begin trying out the new H2V shader system. We shall see.

Corndogman
September 10th, 2007, 08:12 PM
making it for CE would make me very happy. i might make a map for h2v one day, but right now i make maps for CE. and once again keep up the good work.

LlamaMaster
September 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Hey corndog, I glad you like it and welcome to this forum. I am actually seriously considering making this a dual release mainly because I love "race" and I believe this map would be a pretty good race map. I certainly know HCE a lot better than the new H2 way of doing things. I may work out any geometry/shader issues through HCE tool before I begin trying out the new H2V shader system. We shall see.
You've made me the happiest girl on Earth! :D

Corndogman
September 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM
i think i just peed myself. which is odd because i read that an hour ago but i didnt do it then. i should have that looked at.... yay my siggy works.

Pooky
September 10th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Dual releases are almost always a good idea :3

I saw almost because if you make some map that's like :O people might get H2V to play it, then we'd have more players in that community.

TPBlinD
September 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM
This map looks amazing! Keep it up!

Tweek
September 11th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Tweek, I took your last comment in this thread about "extruding frenzy" to heart. I hope I haven't disappointed. :)

BTW, if you like let the +rep flow. :p

you sure haven't.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9466/translation2yk2.jpg

the flat slanted shapes on the sides of the lower central structure look amazingly good, i think i'm going to have to rip you off on that. it would look seriously awesome with geometry-specific textures. also, great scaling. it's great to see someone knowing what he's doing so well.

mined
September 11th, 2007, 08:34 PM
you sure haven't...the flat slanted shapes on the sides of the lower central structure look amazingly good, i think i'm going to have to rip you off on that. it would look seriously awesome with geometry-specific textures. also, great scaling. it's great to see someone knowing what he's doing so well.

Thanks, honestly feel free to replicate the ideas. Just give me a little credit for inspiration when your all done. ;)

TBH, I did what I should have done long ago...I started looking over all the concept art from Halo - Halo 3 and put my architecture education to work. I am truly hoping I can help define Forerunner architecture for us non-Bungie employees. It seems by everyone's comments that I am getting close to doing that.

Again Tweek, thanks for giving me the kick in the ass to get serious about the design and not accept second rate modeling.

Thanks everyone else who has helped so far as well. I do listen to critique, so as long as it is on topic and relevant to the stage of mapping that I am in, bring it on.

Also, Tweek and Dano, I noted your comments about texture maps. I have planned on doing some normal mapping for a few special areas, most notably the slanted facades on the central structure and the three "winged" portions of the antenna buttresses. I may call on either of you for some help/advice.

Lightning
September 13th, 2007, 10:59 PM
If you ever need help with radiosity or shaders, hit me up! (That is, for CE. I'm still lacking in H2V's shader systems. You are doing a release for CE, right? Right?) ^_^;

:P Amazing stuff, Mined!

mined
September 14th, 2007, 07:24 AM
All righty, Lightning. I do want to do a dual release. I think that the layout will be dynamic enough to handle both sets of game types. If I do need help with shaders, I know where to go. Thanks. :D

QTip05
September 15th, 2007, 01:38 PM
looks sick man. cant wait for it!

mined
September 15th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Here's a quick update with a pic of the tower buttress base. Since there are three of these all together, two of them will act as bases for H2 multi-team games. There is an entrance on the back side not shown.

*Excuse the messy polys on the canyon sides. I am waiting to see where my poly budget is after all structures/ scenery are completed before I decide how detailed the rock will be.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5209/translationbuttressbasegb2.jpg

If you look closely, you can see a hog coming up a ramp to a jump at the bottom.

LlamaMaster
September 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Thats sick dude! Question, do you plan your models ahead of time, or as you go?

Sever
September 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM
That is the biggest piece of win I have seen in a long time!

mined
September 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Thats sick dude! Question, do you plan your models ahead of time, or as you go?

I would say that 75&#37; of what you see is planned. I have lots of sketches laying around that I base the geometry of off. However, I often get an idea as I go along, so that gets inserted while what ever was there gets tossed.

Also, one more before I move on:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1470/translationbuttressbasexc6.jpg

Sever
September 15th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Top barrel thing needs to be finished/reworked, unless ist is just a placeholder at the moment. Also, how are the bases going to be positioned in relation to the central structure (which I cannot discern the number of sides on: hexagonal, heptagonal or octagonal?)?

Rob Oplawar
September 15th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Dude, I am really loving what I'm seeing. +Rep again!

Edit: aww can't.

Tweek
September 16th, 2007, 05:27 AM
i don't like :<

http://xs119.xs.to/xs119/07370/translationbuttressbasegb2FTFY.jpg

basically the whole red area makes me go :ahberaqeabrfhabraiehfbaefihba"
i'm assuming it's all WIP, but here's my crits.
the higher part next to the blue areas is very flat, same goes for the collumn going down out of it. it's totally flat, and taking the hog for scale there, that's one big ass flat bit. similar things for the blue areas, the top one seems to be very un-planar, and just way to deep somehow. (that's like a 2 meter deep inset you've got there)
i'm not a big fan of the round things either, it just seems to take away so much from the feel. it just doesn't fit. not sure what to suggest about that, i'll leave that up to you.

and the entire map just seems WAAAY huge. right now, that's larger than gay-oh-phobia. you sure you've got that scale right?

might want to bring that butress closer to the middle structure, and cut that span in between it and the middle about in half. (thats assuming IM even taking the scale right)

mined
September 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
i don't like :<

basically the whole red area makes me go :ahberaqeabrfhabraiehfbaefihba"
i'm assuming it's all WIP, but here's my crits.
the higher part next to the blue areas is very flat, same goes for the collumn going down out of it. it's totally flat, and taking the hog for scale there, that's one big ass flat bit. similar things for the blue areas, the top one seems to be very un-planar, and just way to deep somehow. (that's like a 2 meter deep inset you've got there)
i'm not a big fan of the round things either, it just seems to take away so much from the feel. it just doesn't fit. not sure what to suggest about that, i'll leave that up to you.

and the entire map just seems WAAAY huge. right now, that's larger than gay-oh-phobia. you sure you've got that scale right?

might want to bring that butress closer to the middle structure, and cut that span in between it and the middle about in half. (thats assuming IM even taking the scale right)

Thanks again for the candid response, Tweek. I have redone the freaking buttress base about four times now, and each time I find something that I like, but I am collectively discontent with it as well. It does, in fact, lack cohesion with the central structure. I need to sit down and do some more sketches. I have spent most of my time sketching the central tower as well as a dam complex that will connect the central structure with the main red and blue base. So, I think I am going back to square one again with the buttress base.

One thing that I am trying to keep, however, is the energy beams (represented by the two transparent cylindrical lines). They are a part of the "backstory" for this map.

As far as scale is concerned, I really don't see where it is going to be any bigger than Infinity. At least in terms of proximity among structures. The towers are very tall, which no doubt makes the map look huge. I will post a layout plan soon. I just need to put something together that is halfway legible.

mined
October 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Little update. I said last time that I was going to put up an image showing the map layout. I finally got around to doing it, but only after I had to start completely over from scratch. My original BSP was completely Fk'rd, probably from working in speed mode and not taking the time to ensure error free geometry. Please excuse the placeholders.

If you are a big fan of Danger Canyon then I think you will enjoy this map. There are some very big twists, however, plus a few small surprises. The vehicle free tunnels are under the ground level versus DG's being over ground level. Also the tunnels are actually visible to each other across a deep underground abyss that extends from the one shown in the layout. The result in the main tunnels will be similar to boarding action, however the only crossing point comes under the central tower/temple. I know what I have shown goes into little detail with all the terrain features, but feel free to PS in some suggestions for weapon placements.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5748/circulationeq8.gif

Sever
October 15th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Once you can get some more detailed views of the bases and other areas, I will be your ace in the hole for weapon, vehicle, and player spawn placements.

Also, you have to realize that your map has a HPC setup (you even said it yourself, with its similarity to Danger Canyon), and not H2V, so be aware that it will not play like a standard H2V map.

I would personally suggest shortening the west regions of the vehicle path a tad (not too much), due to the fact that vehicles already need to fully round the central tower to approach the opposing force. Also, if it isn't already in your plans, make the rocky area in the middle infantry-accessible for an alternate foot-traffic route.

Also, I'm assuming that the two east bases contain direct teleporter access from the two main west bases. Primarily, make the teleporters two-way rather than one-way to allow another viable foot path. Secondarily, mix it up and make the North-West base teleport to the South-East base and vice versa. Tertiarily, put a two-way teleporter from the central tower that leads to the waterfall to allow a change of paths for foot travel.

mined
October 15th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Also, you have to realize that your map has a HPC setup (you even said it yourself, with its similarity to Danger Canyon), and not H2V, so be aware that it will not play like a standard H2V map.

Although I was originally in the dark with H2V gameplay, I have been getting a decent grasp of it and I have kept this in mind here. You'll have to excuse my comparison with DG as being quite literal. I favor classic CTF and tend to think about maps this way...Thus the comparison. There are placements for multi-team CTF plus territories etc.

I would personally suggest shortening the west regions of the vehicle path a tad (not too much), due to the fact that vehicles already need to fully round the central tower to approach the opposing force. Also, if it isn't already in your plans, make the rocky area in the middle infantry-accessible for an alternate foot-traffic route.

The rocky area is already set for infantry passage. I am weary to shorten the vehicle circulation until I get the beta going to see how the walk from blue base to red base compares to the drive.

Also, I'm assuming that the two east bases contain direct teleporter access from the two main west bases. Primarily, make the teleporters two-way rather than one-way to allow another viable foot path. Secondarily, mix it up and make the North-West base teleport to the South-East base and vice versa. Tertiarily, put a two-way teleporter from the central tower that leads to the waterfall to allow a change of paths for foot travel.

I had not thought about the Teleporter placements with much dedication yet, I have several areas that are going to be open to TP's when I beta. Good suggestions, though. I like the idea of the NW/SE vice versa swap.

Sever
October 15th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I'm glad you like the opposite teleporter idea. As for weapon spawns, I have found it beneficial to put important weapons, such as rifles and explosives out in the open and away from their optimal use areas, as to make every region of the map used. Ammo for said weapons should be placed in similar settings, but with a bit more cover or additional value (i.e. rocket ammo in a heavy traffic area, or shotgun ammo on 'the hill'). I would also recommend not putting rifles at the main bases because of their extreme effectiveness in the tunnel region.

I have many great ideas for weapon layout to enhance 'event spaces' and create a feel of zone control throughout the level, and will be glad to help however I can. Sadly I do not own H2V, or Vista for that matter, but I plan on getting both eventually... (where's my Service Pack 1?)

Tweek
October 16th, 2007, 07:00 AM
if i've got the scale for this right..

it's WAY too huge.
i could be wrong though, since you already pointed out before that it's not as huge as i think it is

not much to crit about it, since there's not much to crit this time.
go team?

mined
October 16th, 2007, 12:03 PM
if i've got the scale for this right..

it's WAY too huge.
i could be wrong though, since you already pointed out before that it's not as huge as i think it is

not much to crit about it, since there's not much to crit this time.
go team?

Meh, I still contend that it is not as big as it looks. Once I feel that the BSP is a little more "together," I'll send it to you for a looksie. I have managed to get it into Sapien and judging scale compared to vehicles there, I feel it is pretty spot on.

Go team and check your pm's.

Flyboy
October 16th, 2007, 03:12 PM
This reminds me so much of portent. Totally different map, but in terms of overall planning and graphic design, this is right up there.

Rob Oplawar
October 16th, 2007, 07:50 PM
That's what I said! >=U

Flyboy
October 16th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Check again. =)

Bad Waffle
February 7th, 2009, 07:48 PM
BUMP, what happened to this jewel?

Syuusuke
February 7th, 2009, 08:11 PM
What happened to mined?!

Disaster
February 7th, 2009, 09:30 PM
yeah, this was a great map

Heathen
February 7th, 2009, 09:56 PM
This definitely needs to be resurrected.

DarkHalo003
February 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM
At first when I saw the render, I was like: did hydrolysis and Portent have a baby? Then I saw the outlying structures and I realized that this looks awesomely custom. Great job dude. Look forward to seeing in-game pics of this one day.

l SINERGY l
February 8th, 2009, 03:29 AM
BUMP, what happened to this jewel?

What happened to mined?!

yeah, this was a great map

This definitely needs to be resurrected.

You guys do realize we're in the H2V section right... trying to get a map like this to work is like bashing your head into a wall and the wall always wins. I'd love to see this completed to but it's not going to happen.

Syuusuke
February 8th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Well without contact to the author, of course, unless he coincidentally comes back to this thread with an update so we can all stare at his images like they were hot steamy sweating bitches posing.

=sw=warlord
February 9th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Well without contact to the author, of course, unless he coincidentally comes back to this thread with an update so we can all stare at his images like they were hot steamy sweating bitches posing.
I've just sent an E-mail to see if he is going to come back and let everyone know whats going on.