PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problems

CodeBrain
August 6th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I am on vacation, in Naples. I brought my laptop with me, but I forgot my mouse that I use. Now I have to use the crappy laptop mouse. :(

I cant make maps in 3DS Max, and I cant play as good as I can in Single and Multi Player.

Is there a way, in Vista, to make your laptop mouse THINK you have a middle mouse button?

JackRabbit72380
August 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Idk But a nice wireless Xbox3601337 conttroler from Ms couldent hurt on a setup like that.

Thats what I use to play halo & everythang. It works great
If you do get one hears a little tip that help'ed me.
In halo2 set the conttroler sensitivity to "1"
If you have nice gfx its actuly better than playing on 360 + less noob's.
Cuz It's H2v!

et_cg
August 6th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Just change your hotkeys in 3ds max.

Mr Buckshot
August 6th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Just FYI, the "laptop mouse" is called a touch pad :)

Like et cg said, change your hotkeys. If you don't have a scroll button on your touch pad, nothing will help. My laptop's touch pad has a button between the two "mouse click" buttons, and that simulates a scroll wheel by being pressed up or down.

And lol, next time remember to pack your mouse when you bring a laptop on vacation. I almost forgot to bring mine :O

xhedgehogx
August 7th, 2007, 11:03 AM
You ocan go into mouse properties in windows and easily make right click or something act as a middle mouse button.

et_cg
August 7th, 2007, 01:04 PM
If you did that, Hedge, you would lose more functions that it's worth.

CodeBrain
August 7th, 2007, 01:05 PM
hedgehog i was able to do that on the ultimate version, but i got home premium. :)

Edit: I tried changing the hotkeys, but i do not know what the hotkey name is for middle mouse button + alt