PDA

View Full Version : So i'm thinking of getting me a Wii

LinkandKvel
August 13th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I just played the Wii for some time yesterday, and all today. I REALLY want one now. It's so cool but I need you guys too help me. I haven't played an actual game yet, just the Wii Sports (Boxing was my fav BTW :)). I want to know if the games like Blazing Angels, Call of Duty 3, Red Steel, play well on the system. Great family system too. I was also thinking of getting a 360, but without Xbox Live it's pretty much useless and I don't have money for both systems sadly. If you please would vote for a system and tell me why that is the better choice would be much appreciated. I would also want to know the pros and cons that you think of each system.

EDIT: Sorry admins if this is the wrong section.
EDIT 2: Put this in consideration. I don't have Xbox Live and probably won't get it anytime soon so vote from my perspective.

Cortexian
August 13th, 2007, 02:39 AM
As with most Nintendo consoles and handhelds, they are focused at a younger group of people, and they lack the hardware power of other consoles such as the Xbox 360 and PS3. I would rather get an Xbox 360 then a Wii, mainly because even though Wii games are fun, they don't appeal to me.

Limited
August 13th, 2007, 06:47 AM
If I was given a Wii, or some one in my family had one, I'd play it, I just wont buy one as I dont see myself getting that much entertainment.

Xbox 360 is the way to go! :D

itszutak
August 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Without XBL, I'd go with the wii.

However, you'll most likely be unable to find any. :/

I've been looking for three months and have not found a single one. >:(

Digikid
August 13th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Xbox 360 is the best console out right now...followed by the Wii and of course the Gaystation 3 trailing behind.

LinkandKvel
August 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Put this in consideration. I don't have Xbox Live and probably won't get it anytime soon so vote from my perspective.

Teh Ganon
August 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Lol wii60 anyone? Anyway, I have a wii and I really only got it for the platformers. I mean... I couldnt move on without zelda, super smash brothers, metroid, ect...I plan on getting a 360 when halo 3 comes out. Thats what I did anyway. I would say if your more of a hardcore gamer to get the 360 first then the wii a bit later down the road. I'm sure that there will be some system seller game for the wii by the middle of next year (ssbb)

Aerowyn
August 13th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I would go with both if you have the finances to do so. I like wii, but sometimes it feels like there just aren't enough good games for it, even though I do have Mario 2 downloaded from the Shop Channel. That's sweet, I guess.

But I do want a 360 after seeing Microsoft's E3 conference. Looks like it's gonna be a blast.

Emmzee
August 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
It depends. If you want shooters and the like, get the 360. If you want a party console, get the Wii.

Skyline
August 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Xbox 360 is the best console out right now...followed by the Wii and of course the Gaystation 3 trailing behind.
Almost everyone I know had to return their xbox 360 because it over heated, not to mention if you move the xbox 360 when it's reading it will just shread the CD. Too many bugs to buy, when another xbox will be out soon. Not to mention the wireless internet costs $120 ontop of the xbox's price already.

LinkandKvel
August 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Plus for the ones who didn't kno you can browse the internet on the wii, buy classic nintendo games, great party system, Wii's lookin good right now. No issues reported and you don't have to buy system specific memory cards. Just SanDisk type brand from what I have heard. Only downfall is that it doesn't play DVD's. You'd think Nintendo would put it in there but there's only one reason I can think of not to.

SMASH
August 13th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Almost everyone I know had to return their xbox 360 because it over heated, not to mention if you move the xbox 360 when it's reading it will just shread the CD. Too many bugs to buy, when another xbox will be out soon. Not to mention the wireless internet costs $120 ontop of the xbox's price already.

Not I, but the way to stop the shredding is to take the CD out before you turn off the console, that makes a big difference. Anyways, 360 is the way to go. All my friends who got a Wii were obsessed for about a week then never touched it again... waste of money in my opinion.

Skyline
August 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
That's because none of nintendo's big hits came out yet. Resident evil is a great shooter for the wii btw.

Pooky
August 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I can't decide. If the 360 wasn't so buggy I'd say get one. Plus Halo (which is the only reason I really want one). But then again it might be nice to finally be able to play classic games on my TV instead of this tiny (by comparison) monitor.

Ki11a_FTW
August 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
360 ftw.

Aerowyn
August 13th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Also, the Wii will soon be able to play DVD Movies, thanks to a homebrew program that is in development.

Hello, modchips. :iia:

Con
August 13th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I want a 360 badly :saddowns:

Ki11a_FTW
August 13th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Also, the Wii will soon be able to play DVD Movies, thanks to a homebrew program that is in development.

360 already has that http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3702/iibvt1.png (http://imageshack.us)

CN3089
August 13th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Get the Wii, easily.

Digikid
August 13th, 2007, 04:15 PM

That is also ILLEGAL and Nintendo has ways to detect and disable your Wii for that.

JunkfoodMan
August 13th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I have a 360. I take care of it. Hence, no problems. Anybody with common sense can take care of a 360.

But overall, I'd get the Wii simply for Warioware and Zelda : Twilight Princess.
Those have to be the funnest games I've played in ages.

Aerowyn
August 13th, 2007, 07:30 PM
That is also ILLEGAL and Nintendo has ways to detect and disable your Wii for that.

False, false, and false.

Modchips, when used in conjunction with Piracy is, homebrew is not.

Also, they cannot detect them, because it is attached to the DVD drive, not the motherboard. It has nothing to do with firmware, BIOSes, or anything.

Any Wii 'brickings' you hear of are systems being flashed with incorrect region firmware. That is user error, not Nintendo 'disabling' your system.

Please check your facts before posting, it really makes you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about, not to mention immature.

Oh, wait...

jahrain
August 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Free online play + Smash Bros Brawl. Thats is all that needs to be said.

I would go with a 360 if I didn't have to pay recurring subscription fees just to play games online like on a PC or ps3. Some say the ps3 is a rip off because you are paying for blu-ray, but it makes me laugh as they happily pay for multiplayer.

Mr Buckshot
August 13th, 2007, 11:51 PM
If you have an HDTV and enjoy 1080p crisp visuals, 360 all the way.

If you want some variety in your games that's way beyond just sitting on a couch to mash buttons on a gamepad, get the Wii.

Digikid, call the PS3 a Gaystation again and I'll kidnap you and force you to play one for 48 hours straight. Sheesh, I hate fanboys. I have a 360 and I badly want a PS3 not because I think it's the best hardware ever but because it just appeals to me. Wii has been fun but I don't really like those first-party Nintendo games except for the 3D adventure type of Mario (i.e. Super Mario 64, Mario Sunshine). In fact I've never caught on with Nintendo's home consoles (though I am partly a fanboy when it comes to the DS which I love lol).

The ownage console, though, would be one that had the 360's processing power combined with the Wii's controls.

And I've never had any overheating problems yet because my parents restrict my gaming to 2 hours every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night (if there's a major test coming up I don't game at all). Thus, my 360 isn't used too often and isn't turned on for too long.

Apoc4lypse
August 14th, 2007, 12:17 AM
tbh i liked it at first, but as my main console, I wudnt want it, I want a 360 right now, mainly to play halo wars and halo 3 when ther out, and any other shooters.

The wii is kind of wierd, idk it was fun with the wii sports disc or w/e and wit a bunch of my friends, but when I played need for speed, it really was an annoyance to drive a car with that damn controler lol

If you have an HDTV and enjoy 1080p crisp visuals
I have an HDTV and also enjoy crisp visuals :-3

Dr Nick
August 14th, 2007, 04:10 AM
The Wii is a great gamins system. It can keep you in shape with Wii Sports and There's some fun games on it!

I just got mine yesterday and it's great!

jahrain
August 14th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Gaystation 3, for the hardcore gaymer or the xbrick360, with wrath of the red ring of death. What sounds more friendly? I won't even make a wii name pun, nuff said with its current name.

Dr Nick
August 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Gaystation 3, for the hardcore gaymer or the xbrick360, with wrath of the red ring of death. What sounds more friendly? I won't even make a wii name pun, nuff said with its current name.
Wiiner - the remote looks like a dildo!

Emmzee
August 14th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Wiiner - the remote looks like a dildo!
When was the last dildo you used rectangular?

leorimolo
August 14th, 2007, 11:44 AM
You really dont want a wii..... I got mine for christmas I played the first 2 months and then I never touched it again...... also I sold it and bought a xbox halo 3 LE

Arteen
August 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I have both the Wii and 360, and I like them, but neither has that many games I'm interested in. My 360 games consist of Gears of War, a used copy of Oblivion and DoA4, and the three BK games. I like to play the demos and trials of various games from the marketplace. My Wii games include Wii Sports, Zelda, Rayman, and Super Paper Mario. Beyond Halo 3 and Halo Wars, none of the current or upcoming 360 games interest me. I'm looking forward to Mario, Brawl, and Metroid for the Wii, but none of the other games appeal to me.

If you don't have a Gamecube, you can always grab a GC controller and memory card for the Wii, then play all the great GC games like Melee, Pikmin, Zelda, Tales of Symphonia, and others.

It really depends on the games. I haven't heard anything good about CoD3 or Red Steel. Maybe after Metroid comes out, developers will figure out how to make FPSs on the Wii.

I have a 360. I take care of it. Hence, no problems. Anybody with common sense can take care of a 360.
You just keep on thinking that. They die easily, even if you take care of them.

HDoan
August 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I have a wii and a 360, I had the wii for several months now and the xbox for about 2 weeks, The wii got sort of boring after awhile unless you buy new games often.

Cortexian
August 14th, 2007, 06:21 PM
My cousin is one of those guys who buys all the new consoles when they come out, his brother and him have pretty much every console ranging from the NES to the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii.

He wants to sell his Wii, that should tell you something. They don't have GBL Gold, after about a month or two of modchips coming out, they also buy another console/modchip.

Basically their console buffs, they aren't biased fanboys of any system, Get the Xbox 360 man.

Warsaw
August 14th, 2007, 06:35 PM
(To the people pointing out the 360's bugs): The 360's premier bugs will be remedied this fall :downs:.

I'd say go with the 360, but that's only because Metroid is the only Nintendo game that I like at the present time (excluding old classics like the NES Super Mario).

Neuro Guro
August 14th, 2007, 06:45 PM
The reasons I got a xbox 360 is for Gears of War and Halo3. Gears could have been better imo though.

Get a Wii. Seriously. Why? Well its great to have if you want to invite chicks over for a great time. I don't know how many times I've been over at my friend's house this summer and inviting a couple girls over to play some mario party or wii sports (+ pillow fights / hide and seek in the dark / movies, lulz.) The thing about it is that is more appealing to a broader range of people and thats also the reason why its became so popular, not to mention its reasonably priced. But if you do go and get a xbox, get Guitar Hero, thats really fun to play with friends too.

That's because none of nintendo's big hits came out yet. Resident evil is a great shooter for the wii btw.

That is a really fun shooter, me and my friend have been having a blast staying up all night and playing it. Theres lots of cool experiences that happen in the game play and the story is really interesting. Also the controls take a little bit to get use to but once you start getting into it, its like no other.

Mr Buckshot
August 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
The Wii is a great system, however if you like Halo you really need to get a 360. The PC version will probably come out 3+ years later.

LinkandKvel
August 15th, 2007, 01:00 AM
and you guys still think the 360 is a better choice without xbox live?

Teh Ganon
August 15th, 2007, 01:09 AM
maybe. youll miss out on the nintendo platformers, but the 360 will deliver more of an adult aspect to the games available. Better graphics as well.

Dr Dmoney
August 15th, 2007, 01:31 AM
I have both consoles. I have Xbox live though, but the games for the 360 I am excited about are because of the single player... Mass Effect, BioShock, GTA 4, Rock Band(Local Multilayer is much funner), Call of Duty 4 (will play Mutiplayer though), The orange Box, etc... And for the wii, very few Just the games like Mario, Super Smash, and Metroid. But the thing is what kind of games you like. You like shoots/RPGs then go with an xbox, or are you a more casual gamer. You really need to say what kind of games you like. I would say xbox 360, but that is just me... I play it 1000% more than my Wii. Only time I play my Wii is when I have family over.

LinkandKvel
August 15th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Well im a all around gamer. No favorite genre. I REALLY HATED FPSs till Halo for xbox came out. Thanks bungie :), but anyway I have frequently visiting little cousins who like to play my system, and without anyone to play with I get REALLY bored, so I was thinking of getting a Wii to stop that boredom. Oh and BTW It's either get a Wii next week or 360 next year. Also 2 days ago I was informed my brother is "abouta" get a 360 though he's said this once before. Now considering that what would be the more logical choice. (Guess I could have been more specific from the beginning)

Teh Ganon
August 15th, 2007, 02:41 AM
well seems wii is the most logical at this point.

Dr Dmoney
August 16th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Well im a all around gamer. No favorite genre. I REALLY HATED FPSs till Halo for xbox came out. Thanks bungie :), but anyway I have frequently visiting little cousins who like to play my system, and without anyone to play with I get REALLY bored, so I was thinking of getting a Wii to stop that boredom. Oh and BTW It's either get a Wii next week or 360 next year. Also 2 days ago I was informed my brother is "abouta" get a 360 though he's said this once before. Now considering that what would be the more logical choice. (Guess I could have been more specific from the beginning)

If uour bro is getting a 360 then get a wii, and share them. Like you trade consoles once and a while so you can have the best of both worlds.

Flyboy
August 16th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Even though I love the concept for the Wii, and at heart I am I die hard Nintendo fan, I just need to recommend the 360 for three major reasons.

1)Halo 3
2)Halo 3
3)Halo 3

Skyline
August 16th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Even though I love the concept for the Wii, and at heart I am I die hard Nintendo fan, I just need to recommend the 360 for three major reasons.

1)Halo 3
2)Halo 3
3)Halo 3

Knowing microsoft they Wii-ll ftw find some way to ruin Halo 3. They already did with the only new thing (Map Editor) in an old game (Halo 2).

BobtheGreatII
August 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Wii all the way my good sir. Then pick up a 360 and join the Wii60 revolution (screw ps3) XD. To tell you the truth, I believe the Wii is more fun to play with a lot of people around. 360 is more for single player. This is only my opinion of course...

Jay2645
August 16th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Wii all the way my good sir. Then pick up a 360 and join the Wii60 revolution (screw ps3) XD. To tell you the truth, I believe the Wii is more fun to play with a lot of people around. 360 is more for single player. This is only my opinion of course...
I have a Wii, and I basically agree with him on all points.

LinkandKvel
August 18th, 2007, 08:48 PM
So my brother just bought the 360. I guess I should get the wii now, but I dont like the idea of him controlling when I can play and not too so I'm thinking of going ahead and getting the wii now and a 360 later.

Emmzee
August 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM

1)Halo 3
2)Halo 3
3)Halo 3
Those are the worst three reasons ever.

Dr Nick
August 18th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Make sure to keep them balanced. Playing the Wii all the time will destroy your ability to hold a controller...

Dr Dmoney
August 18th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Get a wii, and a 360, or the next xbox later...