PDA

View Full Version : what is this bug?

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Yeah, iv'e never seen something like this before. Its actually unique in a way. It scared my mom, and my cat was out for the kill trying to attempt wallh4x. But does anyone know the name for this bug? If it helps i live in northeastern united states.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/tehganon/DSC00197.jpg

KIWIDOGGIE
August 17th, 2007, 07:39 AM
what the heck is that?, mabe a centipede

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Well it's not an insect, too many legs. Could be any one of a number of segmented arthropods with loads of legs and long antennae at either end :|

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Centipede. You should agitate it, then grab it to find out if it's venomous.

fatso784
August 17th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Saw the same bug in my house about a month ago, it ran across my living room floor. Scared the shit outta me.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Actually, now I look again, yeah. Centipede. Ours tend to be fatter and a shiny black colour, so it didn't click at first.

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah I think it is a centipede now, as I did a simple image search and found 1 that was very similar to it.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/110618/2/istockphoto_110618_centipede_insect_on_stucco.jpg

lol I now remember a few months ago I was lucky enough to wake up to one of these crawling around my bedroom floor. (also a centipede)

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/centipedes/gardncnt.jpg

LlamaMaster
August 17th, 2007, 09:37 AM
***cringes*** Looking at this thread make me feel like something is crawling on my skin.

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Im afraid to let my feet touch the ground. I'm in the fetal position in my chair:tinfoil:

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 09:42 AM
***cringes*** Looking at this thread make me feel like something is crawling on my skin.
CRAWLLLLLLING INNNNNN MY SKINNNNNNNNNNN!!! THESE WOUNDSSSSSS THEY WILLLLLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLL!!!

legionaire45
August 17th, 2007, 12:55 PM
CRAWLLLLLLING INNNNNN MY SKINNNNNNNNNNN!!! THESE WOUNDSSSSSS THEY WILLLLLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLL!!!
Hey baby we ain't nothin' but mammals so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel! :awesome:

Creepy crawlies scare me =(. I say nuke that little fucker with a can of raid.

klange
August 17th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Scutigera, those things are :awesome:
It's a house centipede, nothing to worry about. Kill it if you want, they're pretty quick.

Archon23
August 17th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Common house centipede. Had a few of those crawling in my house.

Stealth
August 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM
it's called a Soontobeawallsmear (Soon-to-be-a-wall-smear)

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Stealth, seriously... could you not attempt to be funny? I know you're trying, but Christ, that was plain awful :|

LlamaMaster
August 17th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Stealth, seriously... could you not attempt to be funny? I know you're trying, but Christ, that was plain awful :|
Lmao! If I didn't +rep you earlier I'd do it now. :)

Limited
August 17th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Centipede on crack is my guess. If I saw one of those I'd shit myself probably

Cortexian
August 17th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I suddenly have the urge to not go camping this weekend.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I suddenly have the urge to not go camping this weekend.
You'll be fine in Canada. All you have to worry about are naked hermits living in the massive forests, raping unsuspecting campers.

Unless you're camping on the side of a highway in the Yukon. I did that once, and a plane landed next to us at 3 in the morning.

Digikid
August 17th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I have had some of these in my house as well. Drives my cats insane.

Any idea what attracts them?

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Not a clue. My house is a bit old, late 1800 victorian. Cracks in the walls and cool places to hide. If i was one of those things i'd be in the right place lol. Funny you say it drives cats insane. My cat is siamese or w/e and he like... talks giberish. relly cool actually. he was working up a storm with that bug. he is still yelling at it lol

Digikid
August 17th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Now that you mention it....my house is over 100 yrs old as well. Perfect for species like this I guess.

Siamese. Great cats...just do not piss them off. They have a NASTY temper at times.

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM
yes they are awesome cats. But mine is very mischievous, and when he wasnt to be mean he is mean lol. heres him being just his :awesome: self:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/tehganon/DSC00199.jpg
and here is him when hes about to rip your fucking head off...
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/tehganon/meee001.jpg
also i think he is horny in the second picture...

Digikid
August 17th, 2007, 04:20 PM
hmm...A seal point Siamese....but not a purebred. The feet gave that away right there. Still that evil look in the second pic. bbbrrr!!!!

Anyways back on topic:

Did he catch it?

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 04:30 PM
No... the bug ran away... next time ill flick it off the wall and let god sort him out lol. btw my cat is a snowshoe siamese mix. purebreds are :(

Pooky
August 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Fucking creepy bugs... I agree. Nuke em.

PlasbianX
August 17th, 2007, 09:21 PM

CONFUSINGGGGG WHATTTTTTT IS REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Rob Oplawar
August 18th, 2007, 12:32 AM
creepy little things, but they eat other more bothersome bugs like mosquitoes (don't ask me how). Anything that has more than 4 legs scares the shit out of me, but I always make a point of leaving the bug predators alive, cause they keep to themselves and keep other bugs away from me.

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 04:41 AM
I actually have 2 cats, a Siamese and one of those cats that looks like that black and white cat (I think his name was Cleo or something) from Pinocchio.
The Siamese is named Princess, and the other one is named Sylvester.
Sylvester will let you do whatever you want to him, but Princess is one of those Don't-touch-me-or-I'll-rip-your-fuckin-head-off-unless-you-have-some-cat-food cats.