PDA

View Full Version : What are you afraid of?

LlamaMaster
August 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Almost everybody has some kind of fear of something. Fears such as drowning, heights, spiders, rollercoasters.... Anyway, you guys afraid of anything? Be honest now. :)

TeeKup
August 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Blood

No matter who's blood it is I always loose my cool. Almost anytime I see my own blood, I go into shock.

Con
August 19th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Now that I think about it, I'm not really all that sure...

I'm not necessarily fearless, but I don't have any phobias if that's what you're inquiring about.

Aerowyn
August 19th, 2007, 09:50 PM
I'm terrified of insects. Everything, flies, ladybugs, whatever. I hate them. Spiders and gross crawly shit makes me crings and I go running if I see or hear one.

Crickets are cool though, I just won't touch one.

I'm also afraid of silence. @_______@ I can't deal with absolute, piercing silence. I listen to a meditation CD at night to help me sleep.

TeeKup
August 19th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I'm terrified of insects. Everything, flies, ladybugs, whatever. I hate them. Spiders and gross crawly shit makes me crings and I go running if I see or hear one.

Crickets are cool though, I just won't touch one.

I'm also afraid of silence. @_______@ I can't deal with absolute, piercing silence. I listen to a meditation CD at night to help me sleep.

I actually love insects and spiders. The only insects I don't like are Waterbugs, Cockroaches, Mosquitos, and Venomous spiders, Also the Velvet Ant.

Atty
August 19th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Losing the ones I love or care about. I'm also afraid of suffering an injury that would leave me dependent on any person, not being able to accomplish something by myself.

Agamemnon
August 19th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Being too late to make a difference in someone's life and having your life's work forgotten.

Ki11a_FTW
August 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Thunderstorms. Ever since lighting struck right infront of me practically ive been terrified, ive been getting better though

Bastinka
August 19th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Large insects, and really high heights that have nothing to cling on to keep you from falling.

CtrlAltDestroy
August 19th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Clowns. They fucking scare me, seriously.

jcap
The Dark.

:U

Con
jcap you noob

maybe I should buy you some nightvision goggles @__@

LlamaMaster
August 19th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Ahhh, theres something I can relate too. Up until a few years ago, I used to be same way. I've gotten over most of my fears, and am fine with them as long as they don't touch my skin. If they touch me, I'll spaz.

Ki11a_FTW
August 19th, 2007, 09:59 PM
are you kidding, Jcap is right the dark is the worst :lol:

Bastinka
August 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
The dark is terrifying, until your eyes adjust. :)

TeeKup
August 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Ahhh, theres something I can relate too. Up until a few years ago, I used to be same way. I've gotten over most of my fears, and am fine with them as long as they don't touch my skin. If they touch me, I'll spaz.

Bugs aren't all that bad. I can let a bumble bee crawl on my hand, all you have to do is be calm and let him roam, sooner or later he'll leave. They're basically our symbionts in life.

Wow now I sound like a bug freak.

adumass
August 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I'm afraid of deep water, oceans and stuff like that. I guess cause I can't swim and you can't really see whats down there.

Roostervier
August 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Holy shit, yes. Also, I am paranoid at night when I am outside. I live by many trees and I am afraid there is some fucking maniac with a knife that would either kidnap me or rape me or slit my throat in there. So, I tend to walk in the middle of the street when no cars are coming so people can see me, or at least so I can avoid the areas covered by trees or other objects. Also, again, CLOWNS. I've always been afraid of them, and your older sister forcing you to watch Stephen King's "It" never helps, does it?

FireDragon04
August 19th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Bones.

Absolutely hate 'bare' bone sticking out of flesh.... Love Blood thought!

O and I'm afraid of women with hairy chests. :(

Agamemnon
Pennywise must be your hero.

Bastinka
O and I'm afraid of women with hairy chests. :(
Lmao! :lol:

Ki11a_FTW
August 19th, 2007, 10:09 PM
My sister is terrifyed of kidnappers, she wont even sleep by her self, my mom has to sleep with her. (i know what your ganna say)

Aerowyn
August 19th, 2007, 10:12 PM
OH YEAH. I just remembered that I'm creeped out by certain styles of claymation. And this is going to be stupid and all that, but the video below scared the shit out of me as a child and it freaks me out to this day.

RlC6YfDBVok

Bastinka
August 19th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Holy cow, thats a lot of daddy long legs :|

hobojoe
August 19th, 2007, 11:46 PM
My Boss

OmegaDragon
August 20th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Lizards.

The odd thing is, I feel fine next to an iguana or two, but those fucking little tiny lizards I hate.

Ki11a_FTW
August 20th, 2007, 12:10 AM
i love those things

Xetsuei
August 20th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Thunderstorms. Ever since lighting struck right infront of me practically ive been terrified, ive been getting better though

Good lord that's happened to me too. For several months after it I'd imagine lightning coming out of a light fixture or out of the shower nozzle. :x Also I'm afraid of being alone in the dark, and insects/spiders of any kind.

DaneO'Roo
August 20th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I'm afraid of the dark, but only when I'm stumbling around my house at night. I dunno why I just find myself hesitating before walking around a corner or into a room and running towards a light switch.

:/

Oh and I'm afraid of grasshoppers. Can't fucking stand them. ESPECIALLY the big crunchy ones.

n00b1n8R
August 20th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I used to be shit scared of the dark :saddowns:

Ki11a_FTW
August 20th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I'm afraid of the dark, but only when I'm stumbling around my house at night. I dunno why I just find myself hesitating before walking around a corner or into a room and running towards a light switch.

:/

Oh and I'm afraid of grasshoppers. Can't fucking stand them. ESPECIALLY the big crunchy ones.

Hush Dano, your going to make me puke :sick:

Dr Nick
August 20th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I'm afraid of what the world is turning into.

Such a scary place!

OmegaDragon
August 20th, 2007, 02:22 AM
\I'm afraid of women with hairy chests.

Who wouldn't be afraid of that :(

Love De Lux
August 20th, 2007, 03:11 AM

Yeah, clowns are scary as hell. I think I got traumatized with that when I was young :lol:

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Cockroaches, the dark (only when I'm bumbling round my house in the early hours of the morning after some gaming and am rather paranoid as a result), and heights. Also, those grates they have on the bottoms of pools... urgh. I saw some kid get his foot jammed in one as a baby and have never gotten over it.

Used to be terrified of balloons too, because one stuck to my arm with static when I was a baby, though that only lasted a few years.

Tweek
August 20th, 2007, 05:26 AM
i'm not really afraid of anything :/ i'm weird.

lmaaaaao afraid of balloons haha. thats :awesome:

i used to be afraid of dogs. then one attacked me once, and i kicked the shit out of it. so much for that fear.

mR_r0b0to
August 20th, 2007, 05:34 AM
im skeered of my mommy when i get bad grades :saddowns:

j/k, not really afraid here of anything, cept maybe big big hairy/hard bugs

nooBBooze
August 20th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Im afraid of cops knocking on my door. :(

Dr Nick
August 20th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Im afraid of cops knocking on my door. :(Who isn't? :eyesroll:

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Me, as I generally avoid breaking the law. That and the cops over here tend to be rather :awesome:.

Random
August 20th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I am afraid of the people in the mickey mouse suits, or any character. Because they come up to you all happy and shit like you're best friends with them. Then try to hug you or touch you in some way, yet this person is a total stranger who could be hiding a knife in mickeys fucking huge glove. So its all like HI MICKEY "Hey little guy, give me a hug" *stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab* *pulls an AK out and kills you all*

DONT FUCKING TRUST THEM !!!!

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Fear.

Yes, I am afraid of being afraid. It's an endless loop really.

The other thing I am afraid of is pointless and/or untimely death.

Archon23
August 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Heights and Mirrors.

I just hate those damned things (Mirrors just so someone doesn't make a joke about the thing being height). They're so creepy.

leorimolo
August 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM
yeah idk why im afraid of mirrors if I am alone......something might pop out of them or see something that really ain't there

Patrickssj6
August 20th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Actually...nothing.

Flyboy
August 20th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Rossum

teh lag
August 20th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I have an extreme phobia of doing things while people are paying attention to me. Even the most trivial things become very hard when I'm being watched. This immediately is nulled out, however, as soon as there are others doing it with me. I'm horribly afraid of insects that look like they could sting/bite you or have waaay more appendages than necessary. I also hate heights of any kind, (though I love rollercoasters.) Basements also scare me for some reason. I think it was from an episode of that lamb puppet show (I think it was called lamb chop?) where there was a vampire or something living in a basement. We have lots of stuff hanging from the ceiling in ours, not to mention alot of nooks and crannies for things to potentially hide in. I'm afraid of fast-moving, deep (more than 20-30 feet), and contains-whirlpools water... basically any water that comes with a higher-than normal chance of drowning. I'm also claustrophobic; unless I can see a clear way out of where I am, I panic. I also hate anything that results in painful or slow death - wells for example. (Imagine falling backwards into one, and getting stuck with all your limbs pointed upwards, unable to move.) The dark sometimes creeps me out, but only if there's something to supplement it, like strange noises or shadows.

I also have one really odd fear - I panic whenever I see abandoned industrial sites... I don't know why.

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Abandoned industrial sites contain head-crab zombies of all sorts; I'd be scared too.

Gamerkd16
August 20th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Bees, or other types of insects.

Apiphobia...:)

Pooky
August 20th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Rossmum
:fail:

Um... not much really. I can't stand cockroaches touching me, and I'm afraid of being dependant on anyone.

Rob Oplawar
August 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Spiders. Zombies. The color blue.

Also Poland.

Mr Buckshot
August 20th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I'm afraid of my mother. Seriously. Chinese parents, especially those from Singapore, tend to use physical discipline even when their kids are in senior years. I'm talking about canes, slaps, etc...that's why I'm a good little Asian boy at home. My dad is more lenient though.

I also used to be afraid of my teachers and the principals in Singapore. In Singaporean schools, the cane is a popular form of discipline (wooden rulers can be used to improvise). If you simply forgot your homework or disrespected the teacher, you only got a rap on your hand. If you were caught gambling or if you assaulted another student, you'd get a public caning in front of a school assembly where a discipline master smacked your ass with a rattan cane in full view of every other student. I had a friend who got that fate because he got into a brutal fight with another guy, and both of them got caned publicly.

Finally, I'm afraid of extreme over-the-top gore in video games, which is why my games are never too gory.

Apoc4lypse
August 20th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I am afraid of the people in the mickey mouse suits, or any character. Because they come up to you all happy and shit like you're best friends with them. Then try to hug you or touch you in some way, yet this person is a total stranger who could be hiding a knife in mickeys fucking huge glove. So its all like HI MICKEY "Hey little guy, give me a hug" *stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab* *pulls an AK out and kills you all*

DONT FUCKING TRUST THEM !!!!

LMFAO

i agree with this..

idk I had alot of odd fears, i rememebr ET scared the shit out of my when i was littler haha

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I used to (3-11) be so terrified of germs it wasn't even funny. I nearly gave my local pet store owner a heart attack when I screamed "PLAGUE!" at the top of my lungs upon seeing a rat in his store :gonk:

Terry
August 20th, 2007, 09:26 PM
The one thing I fear is intense pain. Everything else would just be minor freak-outs.

Flyboy
August 20th, 2007, 11:04 PM
:fail:

Um... not much really. I can't stand cockroaches touching me, and I'm afraid of being dependant on anyone.
Holly shit, I never noticed the m.

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 11:11 PM
A common mistake, apparently... few people do. No idea why.

Gamerkd16
August 20th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Flyboy, I'm siding with you. He's starting to scare me in other threads... :P