PDA

View Full Version : CMT Fragment RC3 Download and Bug thread.

Masterz1337
December 27th, 2006, 04:28 PM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2576/cmth2vforumslogouo9.jpg

Link:
Download Removed till rc3b

Do not upload this to HaloMaps or any other file hosting website.

Changes
Weapons re-ballanced
Exta spiker and AR added to midle fountain area.
Needlers with sexy new animations added to where base plasma pistol use to be

Things the same from RC2
Sounds
Spartan laser projectile
BSP

We need some team members to return from christmas break, before we can fix all the sound and BSP bugs.

Edit: If you have been banned from the server you are now unbanned. Remember to respect all Admins in the server, and CMT members. If you get banned again, send me a PM and I will look into it.

gruntboy
December 27th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Great. Can't wait to play and i'm glad you added another Spiker. Downloading now.

Bugs from RC2 that weren't fixed. Just so you don't forget. :)
-Spartan Laser beem is not visible in FP (barely in 3rd Person)
-The shots in the three shot burst for the BR are a little too close together.
-no sound while the Spartan Laser is firing
-When you pick up BR ammo, the message that says you picked it up doesn't display on your HUD.
-shotgun is still too powerful

jcap
December 27th, 2006, 04:31 PM
You redefined the meaning of RC. :|

dinonid
December 27th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Downloading. =]

Hurrvish
December 27th, 2006, 04:32 PM
and the meaning of RC is...?

anyways,

this is going to kick butt

TIA Gangsta
December 27th, 2006, 04:33 PM
and the meaning of RC is...?

anyways,

this is going to kick butt

Radio Controlled

someone
December 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Downloading now:)

Hurrvish
December 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM
ehhh, that doesnt make sense

but im not going to let technical terms get this thread off track

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
December 27th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Radio ControlledNo.

ehhh, that doesnt make sense

but im not going to let technical terms get this thread off trackBecause he doesn't know what he's talking about.

jcap
December 27th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Radio Controlled
Yeah...........................................no.

Release candidate. It is the final stage in the development process before anything goes gold. It is when pretty much everything has had its bugs worked out in the beta stages, and you are doing the final few tweaks before release. The release candidates have no roadmaps, as the project is generally finalized, and they are released with the thought in mind that the product could be released in its current stage, and there would be very few to no complaints. All bugs in previous builds are always fixed before the next release candidate is issued.

Hurrvish
December 27th, 2006, 04:38 PM
that makes much more sense...

Masterz1337
December 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Well, I felt it would be better to test ballance bugs first, while waiting for lag to return from utah, and arteen to return from whatever mountain he is stuck at for the hollidays.

jcap
December 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I picked up the Spartan Lazer and everything went black except for the HUD. If you try to zoom in with the weapon, you cannot come out of it.

TIA Gangsta
December 27th, 2006, 05:00 PM
^__^

I don't see why you just make the weps as similar to Halo 2 (or 3) as possible. But you can keep the cool features that don't make a difference (e.g. smg silencer). So that means ditch the grenade launcher and tone the power down on some weapons.

Stealth
December 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I just got home from work and running around, and I'm now downloading.

megaxp
December 27th, 2006, 05:08 PM
ehm...... nice work..

Dootuz
December 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
lol ikeep trying to join with RC2 ithis will be awsome!!!!

dinonid
December 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM
The Spartan Laser hud is completely black. Looks good tho = ).

Anyways I have a video....I'll post it.

Chief117
December 27th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Sweet Thanks dude,this is gonna rock.thanks cmt!

Teroh
December 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Radio Controlled
See, this is me.

DaneO'Roo
December 27th, 2006, 06:28 PM
lol.....downloading now, hope the shaders on the halowars aren't as glassy as they were

m13120
December 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
lol ikeep trying to join with RC2

..why

megaxp
December 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
spartan laser failed

TIA Gangsta
December 27th, 2006, 06:48 PM
The needler melee is a bit off (btw sweet animations for the needler) and the Spiker's nelee is still a bit off also.

By the way, I cannot join the CMT server. I tried 5 times and I just couldn't join. He either says "this game has closed down" (which it hasn't) or "network connection lost".
Does it have something to do with the words that always appear on the bottom left of the screen? It's annoying...I can't even play the map with others now...

BobtheGreatII
December 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Looks good guys. See you ingame!

InnerGoat
December 27th, 2006, 08:40 PM
spartan laser failedSeriously. I pick it up and my hud goes black.. :eyesroll:

Shotgun is nice though. Really pisses players off if you're good with it. :lol:

megaxp
December 27th, 2006, 09:11 PM
yeah hud black

Amit
December 27th, 2006, 10:06 PM
um any idea when the singleplayer mod will be released? when i was on the halomods forum i read master's mesage and it seemed liek the singleplayer portion was coming out too:confused:

Stealth
December 27th, 2006, 10:08 PM
um any idea when the singleplayer mod will be released? when i was on the halomods forum i read master's mesage and it seemed liek the singleplayer portion was coming out too:confused:
This isn't the right Topic for that kind of Q&A.

adumass
December 27th, 2006, 10:13 PM
The needler animations are great and all but was anything else changed? It feels like the same useless halo1 needler. Maybe you guys should increase the speed of the needles or something?

Hurrvish
December 27th, 2006, 10:20 PM
the homing in my opinion has changed

the freakin needles tracked me around 2 pillars and took out my shields.....

Stealth
December 27th, 2006, 10:38 PM
The needler animations are great and all but was anything else changed? It feels like the same useless halo1 needler. Maybe you guys should increase the speed of the needles or something?
well, the whole thing is the new, the Animations, the Ammo HUD is new, the ROF is abit faster, the Color of the Needles.
Edit |
Oh and I got the Video uploaded,
zShare Hosted Video, 720x480 (http://www.zshare.net/video/stealth-video-7-wmv.html)
7RmyFFppprU

4RT1LL3RY
December 27th, 2006, 10:48 PM
They said that the spartan laser will be a sniping kill in Halo 3, maybe you should add a 2x zoom for it.
Very nice good making the shotgun less whored, and reducing the blast range on the BRG. You can still do the jumps from base to base, with regular grenades.
Also change the impact effects from the spartan laser, I have a Radeon 9250 and when I am struck by the beam my screen goes completely black and cannot see at all. Could you reduce the effect of the impact or change the effect all together?

Stealth
December 27th, 2006, 11:05 PM
They said that the spartan laser will be a sniping kill in Halo 3, maybe you should add a 2x zoom for it.
Very nice good making the shotgun less whored, and reducing the blast range on the BRG. You can still do the jumps from base to base, with regular grenades.
Also change the impact effects from the spartan laser, I have a Radeon 9250 and when I am struck by the beam my screen goes completely black and cannot see at all. Could you reduce the effect of the impact or change the effect all together?
a few things, #1 Spartan laser needs 5x or 6x zoom, #2 The Effect dose need some work, like make it a quick kill, and has for the Impact, the impact is just fine, just the Damage amount needs to be fixed, and fix the Laser beam look, it needs to be bigger, the size it is now, or was is aobut the size of a laser pointer beam, this is not a little tiny Laser pointer, this is a big Laser cannon, the beam in real life should be about the size of you a D size battery.

Hurrvish
December 27th, 2006, 11:06 PM
i say, in order to balance the spartan laser, black out the entire hud except for a box around the reticle

Stealth
December 27th, 2006, 11:07 PM
why, that wouldn't be fun, but it would help with finding Aimbotters, you know they're Aimbotting if they can hit you if you know the whole screen is black for that weapon.

Jakor
December 27th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Why is it to me that this map has the exact same layout as that sonic online map, mystic ruins? Sorry if Im missing something obvious here.

Stealth
December 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Why is it to me that this map has the exact same layout as that sonic online map, mystic ruins? Sorry if Im missing something obvious here.
it isn't, I've played mystic, and Mystic is awy bigger, you can get lost in mystic, in Fragment, you can't get lost, all you can do is get killed, and fall to your death.

Jayden
December 27th, 2006, 11:56 PM
DO NOT! give the laser a zoom!

lol, just can't see it working out hapilly,

I will say I'm impressed with the new spiker for the most part, model still bugs me but feh, it's come a long way, good job, especially to Cons.

Dootuz
December 28th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Spartin laser is not usable lol

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
December 28th, 2006, 12:10 AM
It has better tracking, which pisses me off. >_>

JDMFSeanP
December 28th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Whats up with the laser?

Masterz1337
December 28th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Bad hud mask.

Stealth
December 28th, 2006, 08:16 AM
And I think it was becauseof HEK, right?

Reaper Man
December 28th, 2006, 08:34 AM
And I think it was becauseof HEK, right?
Thank you, Captain Obvious. It's either the HEK or it is HEK+

Hurrvish
December 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM
shotty definitely needs toning down

we were getting base raped with that thing >_>

Stealth
December 28th, 2006, 09:55 AM
shotty definitely needs toning down

we were getting base raped with that thing >_>
lol, ya, and we need more needler spawns, and take out the Rocket hog and put the Gauss Hog don't put the tank in, but if you do, put it in a hard to get to place.

hewlett2002000
December 28th, 2006, 09:55 AM
great job, the only problem i had is when i picked up the Spartan Laser the screen went black, that is until i got ran over, but other than that its great.

Stealth
December 28th, 2006, 10:10 AM
ya, that is HEK falt.
Oh and I ran into this, today.
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6915/haloce2006122808080235lc2.jpg

Hurrvish
December 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
pun not intended?

but thats just a glitch on many maps, i dont think CMT can fix that

Varmint260
December 28th, 2006, 10:53 AM
it isn't, I've played mystic, and Mystic is awy bigger, you can get lost in mystic, in Fragment, you can't get lost, all you can do is get killed, and fall to your death.

He said and meant Mystic Ruins, which, if I'm not mistaken, was a Sonic Online map that used the original Fragment V2. That would be why the maps look the same.

I agree with Artillery, my screen goes totally black when I'm hit with Spartan Laser (I'm also on Radeon 9250, so what can I say?) but I don't really mind. I've only ever been killed by the Spartan Laser once and its the Shotgun and RL that kill me mostly.

MikeM709
December 28th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Well after playing last night and I'm about to go play now,

-shotty still too powerful and the effective range is too big
-unable to pick up ammo for the grenade launcher
-sounds are still off
-flip-over rate for the ghost is huge
-smg way way way too overpowered. I got killed by masterz last night by only like 10 rounds from it.
-BR 3 round burst is too clost together. it seems more like just one slug its so fast
-need more arc on the BRG. more like an actual grenade arc.

TIA Gangsta
December 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Wow, it doesn't lag anymore! W00T!

Hey, this ain't a bug, but I wondered if you could ban someone from the server, atleast for a few days or weeks.

His name is fishface(4 numbers go here...srry cnt remember them)
He constantly betrayed teammates for the flag and just for no reason at all and he constantly unsulted people.
The worst thing was that during his 3rd assault on me with the flag, I smiled thinking "Ha, after this betrayal he's gonna get autobanned..."..BUT HE DIDN'T! Wtf?
Why's friendly fire on anyway? And where's autoban?
Could you atleast put friendly fire off if you won't ban him.

Thanks.

HDoan
December 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
well friendly fire is on to make it so you make smarter moves, like instead of shooting a rocket at a battle field and betraying like 6 people but killing 3 enimes you would decide to shoot them down one by one with a sniper or br insted of betraying and getting everyone pissed

Zeph
December 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry, I've got to say it. RC3.....that's kinda pathetic.

TIA Gangsta
December 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM
well friendly fire is on to make it so you make smarter moves, like instead of shooting a rocket at a battle field and betraying like 6 people but killing 3 enimes you would decide to shoot them down one by one with a sniper or br insted of betraying and getting everyone pissed

But people are just betraying like hell when no CMT members or Beta testers are on the server...
Please put friendly fire off, autobans on, or when you see betrayers just ban them manually.

Icrushu PL
December 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Downloading. =]

Im Downloading :)

Love De Lux
December 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM
-Fix the invi walls.
-Found a collision problem with the bsp.

l0hCq1vZ2QU

MikeM709
December 28th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Or at least have more mods on the server. FF is a pain in the ass anyway.

OK! on to more bugs.

-when you come out of the tele from the base, theres not enough cover and its too easy for ppl to hit you right away.
-the shotty range is still long. I killed masterz from halfway accross the middle section.
-the buttresses that are on the upper platforms - too easy for people to nade jump or BRG jump skipping the entire tunnel section.
-its rerally easy to get caught up in a fight in the upper section and fall off the edge. you should add like a small lip on the edge so that when you walk into it, you cant go past it without jumping.

i don't see why people are complaining about the SL. it doesn't turn my screen blank or anything like other ppl have been reporting. integrated chipset ftw?? maybe??

legionaire45
December 28th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I'd take a million RC's over an unbalanced incomplete map (or in the case group of maps) Zeph. Overall the balance is good, but the shotgun outclasses all the other weapons. The laser glitch needs to be fixed. Make a teleporter (secret maybe, but don't make it obvious so it doesn't become like Yoyo) so that you can get into the barrier behind the shotgun spawn. I MUST KNOW WHAT IS BACK THERE IN THE FINAL RELEASE!!1!

4RT1LL3RY
December 28th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Behind the spawn of the shotgun in the tunnels is nothings, just some empty hallways that lead t o a bunch of dead ends, but theres is a downward slope at part, which could mean a basement level maybe?

You can get a hog up the staircase/slope by the blue team, in the relicy part.

legionaire45
December 28th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Behind the spawn of the shotgun in the tunnels is nothings, just some empty hallways that lead t o a bunch of dead ends, but theres is a downward slope at part, which could mean a basement level maybe?

Im aware of that, I just want to know what will be put in there in the final release ^_^

One thing I noticed that could use a little improvement, the Spiker would look a lot better if it was made shinier like the AR. Maybe add some bloodstains to the blade of the Spiker as well.

TIA Gangsta
December 28th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Im aware of that, I just want to know what will be put in there in the final release ^_^

One thing I noticed that could use a little improvement, the Spiker would look a lot better if it was made shinier like the AR. Maybe add some bloodstains to the blade of the Spiker as well.

Nah, not bloodstains. By the way, the AR switch looks a bit weird and BR reloading is a bit weird also. Doesn't HAVE to be fixed, but it'll be cool if it was done. And the BR ammo pickup indicates sometimes, but not all the time.

And shouldn't the Spiker be black, not purple?

MikeM709
December 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM

damn you. i was just going to post that. o well i got pics and you don't :P

EDIT- I also found another bug.
-compass on the sniper if wrong. east and west need to be flipped. when i look north, and then rotate to the right, it says im looking west.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6027/haloce2006122814322120qu1.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/4411/haloce2006122814325010mh4.jpg

and heres that downward slope
http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/5572/haloce2006122814312064li1.jpg

Dole
December 28th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Why does my screen black out when I pick up the Spartan Laser?
And why does that only happen in the RC3 version, but it works fine in RC2?

Zeph
December 28th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I'd take a million RC's over an unbalanced incomplete map (or in the case group of maps) Zeph.

You dont seem to understand, RC3 should never be reached to begin with. I mean, come on, CMT's builds are not even feature complete yet, and that's something you reach before Beta.......

RC1, always.
RC2, your 'oh-shit, how did that get in the build' release
RC3, your 'losing credibility from the public' build since you apparently couldn't fix the problems in RC2.
RC4 and above, good luck out there buddy, you're gonna need it.

Release Candidates are builds you can put out to the public and the only flak you can take is opinion sided. These are betas, not RCs.

Masterz1337
December 28th, 2006, 05:16 PM
How bout you go fix some sounds for us then, seeing as once the sounds are fixed, we can have a real RC out in a day.

rossmum
December 28th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Laser needs some serious fixing... also, the frag grenades need to feel more like explosive devices and less like party poppers. Shotgun needs corresponding 3p model, spiker melee damage is out of sync with the animation.

Zeph
December 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
How bout you go fix some sounds for us then, seeing as once the sounds are fixed, we can have a real RC out in a day.

Soz, something about me not being on CMT?

Masterz1337
December 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
We never kicked you off.

Zeph
December 28th, 2006, 05:54 PM
We never kicked you off.

I know.

m13120
December 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Wow, it doesn't lag anymore! W00T!

Hey, this ain't a bug, but I wondered if you could ban someone from the server, atleast for a few days or weeks.

His name is fishface(4 numbers go here...srry cnt remember them)
He constantly betrayed teammates for the flag and just for no reason at all and he constantly insulted people.
The worst thing was that during his 3rd assault on me with the flag, I smiled thinking "Ha, after this betrayal he's gonna get autobanned..."..BUT HE DIDN'T! Wtf?
Why's friendly fire on anyway? And where's autoban?
Could you atleast put friendly fire off if you won't ban him.

Thanks.

I know fishface. And I don't think he would do that. Him and I always kept getting in a hog and using teamwork to get the flag. You have to tolerate people when they betray sometimes. Hell, Conscars was betraying a lot in one game. But it was as a joke. If he was betraying there was a reason, not just to be stupid. If someone is insulting in a game, just ignore them. Ever play with [KOD]Wraith? He insults people all the time for no reason. Wow I snipe him and he says wow can you get anyMORE laggier? And if I'm going into the warp and he suddenly comes out and I shoot him with a shotgun and he dies, he calls me a fag and a camper. Hell, he was insulting me just because of my ping. And do I care? No. Remember, it's just a game. Tolerate and ignore.

DaneO'Roo
December 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Laser needs some serious fixing... also, the frag grenades need to feel more like explosive devices and less like party poppers. Shotgun needs corresponding 3p model, spiker melee damage is out of sync with the animation.

exactly waht he said, also fix the invisible walls near the fountain and such

Elite Killa
December 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM
After we download the beta, where do we put the file? I was away for a while so thats why I'm asking. If it's a .map file, I can't tell because I'm using my dad's laptop and it's sorta crappy...

Stealth
December 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Um, you put the file you download any where, then you have to get it out of the *.RAR file, just like any other map.

Reaper Man
December 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
The brg needs to actually bounce tbh. The map, above ground is fine, but on the ground, it's pretty bland.

PlasbianX
December 28th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Actually, i think you are wrong. Im sure its the same map, as mystic was the SMT version of fragment.

Icrushu PL
December 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Link:
http://cmt.h2vista.net/promotionalitems/122506/cmt_RC3_fragment.rar

Do not upload this to HaloMaps or any other file hosting website.

Changes
Weapons re-ballanced
Exta spiker and AR added to midle fountain area.
Needlers with sexy new animations added to where base plasma pistol use to be

Things the same from RC2
Sounds
Spartan laser projectile
BSP

We need some team members to return from christmas break, before we can fix all the sound and BSP bugs.

Edit: If you have been banned from the server you are now unbanned. Remember to respect all Admins in the server, and CMT members. If you get banned again, send me a PM and I will look into it.

But why can't we upload to any of those sites?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
December 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM
But why can't we upload to any of those sites?Because that is called leaking, k? K.

jcap
December 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM
But why can't we upload to any of those sites?
So the beta can stay contained, and so the version can be changed at any time for a newer release.

rossmum
December 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Ok, list of EVERYTHING I've found so far.

> Some weapon sounds (shotgun blasts, rocket reloads, flamer) can be heard from the other side of the map as if they were next to you.
> Spiker melee damage out of sync with animation
> Pistol slide locks open after mag is emptied, yet doesn't lock open as you fire your last bullet
> Assault rifle display and cheekpiece need work smoothing-wise.
> Halowars biped needs shader work. The shaders give it a stupidly glossy appearance and really cover over a lot of the details on the skin.
> FP and 3P shotgun skins need to match
> Spiker model looks a bit bland... needs more detail.
> Grenades are too weak for sure. It feels more like you're throwing apples at the other team than explosives.
Blast radius is tiny and damage is laughable.
> Shotgun is incredibly temperamental... it can 2sk from about 30m range, and then take 4 solid hits close in to kill. Might just've been lag, but in any case the shotgun has power issues.
> Spartan laser needs less black screen.
> Size the player team tags down a little. They're just so big it's not funny.
> Perhaps increase falling damage, since most of the falls you make will kill you either way.

I'll add more as I find them.

Reaper Man
December 28th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Also, the player icons seem to be stretched sideways.

Stealth
December 28th, 2006, 11:22 PM
I really don't like the Player icons, and all the bugs I found so far is in Rossmum's post, all but the Falling damage, I think it is fine.

caboose0117
December 28th, 2006, 11:28 PM
getting now woot

jcap
December 28th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Sound bug list:

Plasma Grenade explosion
Frag Grenade explosion
Rocket Launcher explosion
Shotgun draw and fire sounds
Flamethrower fire sound
Pistol draw and reload sounds

Boba
December 29th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Can you put lens flares and fix the self-illumination on the Shotgun? Also I think you should go with the jet black Pistol. :D

Stealth
December 29th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Also I think you should go with the jet black Pistol. :D
:eek: that would be a cool part of CMT's weapory.

DaneO'Roo
December 29th, 2006, 01:39 AM
ok done making the jet black pistol for the....oh....now that was a coincidence wasn't it

:lolfake:

legionaire45
December 29th, 2006, 03:05 AM
You dont seem to understand, RC3 should never be reached to begin with. I mean, come on, CMT's builds are not even feature complete yet, and that's something you reach before Beta.......

RC1, always.
RC2, your 'oh-shit, how did that get in the build' release
RC3, your 'losing credibility from the public' build since you apparently couldn't fix the problems in RC2.
RC4 and above, good luck out there buddy, you're gonna need it.

Release Candidates are builds you can put out to the public and the only flak you can take is opinion sided. These are betas, not RCs.

Call them betas or RC's--whatever, but they serve the same purpose. Why else would they be released? Just to shut everyone up?

Soooooo.......RC4 mb? and just to humor me put a scale model of vertigo city in the secret tunnel area. You can spare the few dozen polies/triangles right? /bad joke

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Can you put lens flares and fix the self-illumination on the Shotgun? Also I think you should go with the jet black Pistol. :D
o secks

Do as the man says. Black pistol pl0x.

StankBacon
December 29th, 2006, 03:57 AM
the showbros names are HUGE!

the friend icon is stretched.

everything else others said.

TIA Gangsta
December 29th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I know fishface. And I don't think he would do that. Him and I always kept getting in a hog and using teamwork to get the flag. You have to tolerate people when they betray sometimes. Hell, Conscars was betraying a lot in one game. But it was as a joke. If he was betraying there was a reason, not just to be stupid. If someone is insulting in a game, just ignore them. Ever play with [KOD]Wraith? He insults people all the time for no reason. Wow I snipe him and he says wow can you get anyMORE laggier? And if I'm going into the warp and he suddenly comes out and I shoot him with a shotgun and he dies, he calls me a fag and a camper. Hell, he was insulting me just because of my ping. And do I care? No. Remember, it's just a game. Tolerate and ignore.

It was a CTF game with 4 players including me. No CMT mods or anything similar. I got the flag, came through the teleporter and I saw him with a flamethrower. I just ignnored him and continued to our base. I heard flames behind me, so I turned around and he whacked me on my front. So whilst doing a jump i quickly typed "stop it" to avoid more damage from him. He didn't stop whacking me and I just tried to avoid in circles, eventually I just attempted to run to our base, but he burnt me to death as soon as he saw me make a break for it.
*NOTE: I never said anything offensive to anyone in the game...hell, I didn't even talk to them full stop. I just said "Hi" when I first joined, like I do in every game*
As I waited to respawn, I saw him take the flag and run to base. Also note that he didn't betray me by accident, it was completely on purpose. I spawned at the base and I told him to hand the flag over to me, but he wouldn't. As soon as I spawned, he saw me, dropped the flag and used the shotgun on me...another betrayal...Then he just said "Haha, you suck"
So I went "WTF man, I didn't do anything to you". He didn't reply and just carried on.
The enemy had taken our flag so we couldn't score, so he just ran around. I spawned again and he betrayed me again.
Then another betrayal, and after I noticed that he didn't get autobanned, I just left.

If what you're saying is true and that he is a nice guy, maybe it was an imposter or he was in a bad mood. But whatever, can you just turn off friendly fire?

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 06:35 AM
FF is good, I like it as long as some moron doesn't come in and take advantage of it. Scheduled TK fests are fun though.

And don't complain, dude... I had at least 2 members of this forum try and TK me. One for the rocket launcher, and one for no apparent reason whatsoever. Do I care? No... though that may be because Trace (who tried to take my noob tube) copped a rocket in the face and 4RT1LL3RY or whatever his name is got a smack over the back of the head. Revenge is a bitch.

Meatshield007
December 29th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah.... I hate TKers.... What I really hate are people who immediately despise me for no reason. It gets annoying.
Anyways, to the bug/suggestion thing. I've noticed that the battle rifle's grenade launcher doesn't really do all that much damage. Plus it's kinda slow. Please address this. :o

TIA Gangsta
December 29th, 2006, 08:33 AM
FF is good, I like it as long as some moron doesn't come in and take advantage of it. Scheduled TK fests are fun though.

And don't complain, dude... I had at least 2 members of this forum try and TK me. One for the rocket launcher, and one for no apparent reason whatsoever. Do I care? No... though that may be because Trace (who tried to take my noob tube) copped a rocket in the face and 4RT1LL3RY or whatever his name is got a smack over the back of the head. Revenge is a bitch.

Yeah, but it ruins the game for me...so I do care...:eyesroll:

jcap
December 29th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I've noticed that the battle rifle's grenade launcher doesn't really do all that much damage. Plus it's kinda slow.

You expect it to launch FASTER than it already does? It's fast enough as it is already. The grenade explosions are being fixed in Beta 2, though, along with some other balance issues. Don't worry.

Stealth
December 29th, 2006, 08:58 AM
the only projectile that needs to bo worked on is the Ghost's plasma weapons, now that is going to fast.

TIA Gangsta
December 29th, 2006, 09:11 AM
the only projectile that needs to bo worked on is the Ghost's plasma weapons, now that is going to fast.

Trust me, it's too powerful also. I doubt the speed will make THIS much of a difference...And yes, I do understand how fast it shoots, but bloody hell it killed my in 2 seconds (litterally) just by shooting.

Tone down power and speed.

P.S. Where's the Ghost's boost gone? Damn I love that. The boost in the Zanzibar and New Mombassa maps are the best. But I bet CMT can make a boost exactly like the real Halo 2 boosts.

Stealth
December 29th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Trust me, it's too powerful also. I doubt the speed will make THIS much of a difference...And yes, I do understand how fast it shoots, but bloody hell it killed my in 2 seconds (litterally) just by shooting.

Tone down power and speed.

P.S. Where's the Ghost's boost gone? Damn I love that. The boost in the Zanzibar and New Mombassa maps are the best. But I bet CMT can make a boost exactly like the real Halo 2 boosts.
I got a few things to say to that,

The BRG nade is more of a Anti-Vehicle nade then anything else, so I can't kill you that quick, you need to be laying down alot of fire, and you'd have to be Naded by 6 or more poeple to die from one of them.
the speed is fine, the power is fine, but the main BR fire needs to be tone down on the Damage, just a tiny bit.
the Ghost's Boost dosen't work that well in MP, any ways, I think the removed it at the start of the MP map work.

IPBJT!
December 29th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Only problem i got was a black screen when picking up the Spartan Laser.

Dole
December 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, but it ruins the game for me...so I do care...:eyesroll:
It ruins the game for you because I TK'd you three times in a row instead of once.
That's what you get for unloading an AR clip into my crotch at point-blank. And killing me.

Meatshield007
December 29th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Oooh. That had to hurt, Dole. And if I think back, Iunno if I was ever hit with the BR's grenade directly. So Iunno. It just seems kind of... Weak. Eh. Maybe I should shoot myself with it. And the shotty.... Like other people stated, is overpowered. I think it should have a wider range, less power.

Hurrvish
December 29th, 2006, 11:16 AM
its range is too far, i got killed with a shotty from 10 meters away >_<

the spread isnt enough

m13120
December 29th, 2006, 11:46 AM
its range is too far, i got killed with a shotty from 10 meters away >_<

the spread isnt enough

The range is very far. I was on that platform near red base with the rocket launcher and the sniper. There was a guy backing up from the health pack. I was able to kill him with four shot with the sniper rifle. Another time I got killed with a shotgun 2 shots in the middle area, when me and another person were on our sides of those platforms.

And plasma rifle shoots too far. I think 3p shotgun is screwed. I think. Because I was recording once and I noticed that a guy wasn't holding a weapon, then he exchanged a weapon, and a shotgun appear on the ground. No it wasn't near a shotgun spawning location.

I think the only thing is shotgun needs for its range to come down a little, spread a bit more. Leave the strength of it as it is. I find it very hard to even it someone sometimes even when we're in a small area, such as where the warps are. I'm like shooting 5 times and I can't land a hit, when I'm normally a good shotgun user.

Hurrvish
December 29th, 2006, 12:09 PM
NEW RECORD!!!

i got killed with a shotty from 40 meters!!!! away

Dole
December 29th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I like the shotgun the way it is.

Hurrvish
December 29th, 2006, 12:23 PM
*GASP*
a n00b!!??
nah jk

TIA Gangsta
December 29th, 2006, 12:37 PM
I got a few things to say to that,
The BRG nade is more of a Anti-Vehicle nade then anything else, so I can't kill you that quick, you need to be laying down alot of fire, and you'd have to be Naded by 6 or more poeple to die from one of them.
the speed is fine, the power is fine, but the main BR fire needs to be tone down on the Damage, just a tiny bit.
the Ghost's Boost dosen't work that well in MP, any ways, I think the removed it at the start of the MP map work.

Erm...I was talking about the ghost for that whole post, not the BRG...:eyesroll:

Hurrvish
December 29th, 2006, 12:40 PM
the ghost bolts either fire too quickly or theyre too strong

same with the pr bolts

Meatshield007
December 29th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Oops. I meant spread. I get range and spread mixed up. Yeah, I own and get owned by the shotty. Seems more like a bullet hose/sniper rifle at the moment. B(

TIA Gangsta
December 29th, 2006, 01:59 PM
It ruins the game for you because I TK'd you three times in a row instead of once.
That's what you get for unloading an AR clip into my crotch at point-blank. And killing me.

What?? I've never betrayed you and I don't remember you betraying me. I remember seeing a "Dole" online, but it didn't do anything...

What are you talking about?

jcap
December 29th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Save the drama for the Halo CE section, please. Thank you, come again. :)

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Shotgun is a bit of a double-edged sword. Real shotguns are effective at a moderate distance depending on load, perhaps rather than reduce range or overall damage, change the damage multiplier on shields to about half?

Save the drama for the Halo CE section, please. Thank you, come again. :)
Fuckin' served.

Chief117
December 29th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Shotgun is a bit of a double-edged sword. Real shotguns are effective at a moderate distance depending on load, perhaps rather than reduce range or overall damage, change the damage multiplier on shields to about half?

Fuckin' served.
Shotgun? it's completely overpowered and should either be nerfed or be taken out of map temporarily untill the power can be fixed.

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 05:52 PM

I just said, halve the damage against shielded targets.

Kindly read the post, next time.

Hurrvish
December 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM
yea, that should help a lot (about the "halving the damage on shields")
otherwise, DEE DEE DEE loluberspammage

stalker 4589
December 29th, 2006, 06:40 PM
flag stretches when i hog and it stretches alot

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 07:31 PM
It does that in any fast-moving vehicle I've seen in CE... can that actually be fixed, or do we all have to live with it?

Masterz1337
December 29th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Engine error.

stalker 4589
December 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
so it cant be fixed ok what about the shotgun been heard from miles away?

also did u get my pm masterz

Dole
December 29th, 2006, 07:48 PM
flag stretches when i hog and it stretches alot
It has always done that...
I still don't understand why the flag can't be replaced with a banner outright. The flag can only connect to the pole at two points, but if it doesn't use the flag's animations or if it is completely un-animated, wouldn't it work ingame?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
December 29th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I still don't understand why the flag can't be replaced with a banner outright. The flag can only connect to the pole at two points, but if it doesn't use the flag's animations or if it is completely un-animated, wouldn't it work ingame?Flag doesn't use animations...

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 08:04 PM
so it cant be fixed ok what about the shotgun been heard from miles away?

also did u get my pm masterz
Yeah, that can be fixed too.

Masterz1337
December 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
I still don't understand why the flag can't be replaced with a banner outright. The flag can only connect to the pole at two points, but if it doesn't use the flag's animations or if it is completely un-animated, wouldn't it work ingame?
Flags can only have 2 atachment points, any more don't do anything ingame.

Stealth
December 29th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Oh, that Sucks, oh well, Hey Masterz, I found a way around the Black Screen bug is the Spartan Laser, with this,
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1104/haloscreenshothackyv2.jpg (http://www.zshare.net/download/haloscreenoptions-exe.html)
The Halo Screen Options Hack, I found it at BitterBanana's Web page, but it is down, so I can't find it, and I thought it was at HaloMaps.org, but it never got there.

MikeM709
December 29th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Stealth, Masterz already knew that I think. He told me he just forgot to check a box when he decided to add a zoom feature.

PS. Can you send me that program stealth? Theres times i wish i could turn off all that stuff for machinama. And also the fact that little kids like to swear cause they think it makes them cooler.

EDIT- I don't get that error for some reason with the spartan laser.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6105/haloce2006-12-2816-55-54-59.th.jpg (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=haloce2006-12-2816-55-54-59.jpg)

thats the current rc btw. thats one of the pics i took to show masterz what it looks like with my graphics.

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Maybe it hates us. :(

Reaper Man
December 29th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Tbh, I've never liked the custom frag grenade explosion that you guys used in Coag and the campaign and now this. A ball of fire? The original explosion was just fine. Maybe you could improve upon that instead of making a new one. This also applies for the brg. Also, please don't be lazy and make corresponding third-person animations for the weapons that require it. The most painfully obvious being the flag.

Shangri-La
December 29th, 2006, 11:11 PM
in next version cant u plzzzzzzzzzz put enrgy sword that lunges plzzzzz with infintei cahrge also plzzz i may be new here but can u do that cuz it woudl be awesome plzz put sword in ther well thx for making this map and if u do put sword in maps thanks again

jcap
December 29th, 2006, 11:19 PM
in next version cant u plzzzzzzzzzz put enrgy sword that lunges plzzzzz with infintei cahrge also plzzz i may be new here but can u do that cuz it woudl be awesome plzz put sword in ther well thx for making this map and if u do put sword in maps thanks again
No.

Masterz1337
December 29th, 2006, 11:49 PM
No

Stealth
December 29th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Stealth, Masterz already knew that I think. He told me he just forgot to check a box when he decided to add a zoom feature.
Ya, I know, but I found a way around it for right now.

PS. Can you send me that program stealth? Theres times i wish i could turn off all that stuff for machinama. And also the fact that little kids like to swear cause they think it makes them cooler.
Here is a little thing the you may want to know, when ever you see me post somthing like that with that pic, with the relfection like thing in it, then you may want to click on it, because that means there is a Link to something in that pic.

Sorry, Lunge is the #1 cause of lag, and it dosen't sync in MP, but there will be one in the SP levels, and I've tested it, and it is a cool idea too, one that me and Buckshot and others from the old CMT forums came up with.

MikeM709
December 29th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Here is a little thing the you may want to know, when ever you see me post somthing like that with that pic, with the relfection like thing in it, then you may want to click on it, because that means there is a Link to something in that pic.

Thanks. I'm relatively new to these forums.

Stealth
December 30th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks. I'm relatively new to these forums.
np, I just started doing that this month, I got me PhotoShop User Magazine for this month and it showed me how to do that.

Reaper Man
December 30th, 2006, 03:05 AM
one that me and Buckshot and others from the old CMT forums came up with.
Bah. Stop trying to get credit for things. Nobody cares. For example, the shield shaders that boba apparently gave to cmt look exactly like my h2 shield shaders. Whoop de doo.

rossmum
December 30th, 2006, 03:19 AM
No.
High five, jcap. http://www.hivclan.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/spin.gif

Oh, by the way. I noticed a few of the pillars around the fountain were hovering about a foot off the wall... scenery BSP? Whatever it is, it needs fixing :x

Atty
December 30th, 2006, 06:01 AM
So...Let's say I uploaded this to Halomaps, what then?

rossmum
December 30th, 2006, 06:40 AM
BR needs fixing. Smoothing around cocking lever looks funky in certain light. Also tone the Hog shaders down a bit, too. They gloss out the detail and show just how low-poly the model is.

TIA Gangsta
December 30th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Yeah, I don't get a black screen with the Spartan Laser either.

Dole
December 30th, 2006, 09:43 AM
and it is a cool idea too, one that me and Buckshot and others from the old CMT forums came up with.
I'm almost one-hundred percent positive they would've done it anyway.

I noticed a few of the pillars around the fountain were hovering about a foot off the wall...
Customarily, a pillar doesn't need to be anywhere near a wall. ;D

Stealth
December 30th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Ya, good point, oh and Reaper man, I didn't say that I came up with the Idea by my self, I did say "Buckshot and others from the old CMT forums" ok, so back off. So far all of your post that I've seen, has been 90% of you flaming some one, and 60% of that 90% is you Flaming me, of all people.

Masterz1337
December 30th, 2006, 12:04 PM
So...Let's say I uploaded this to Halomaps, what then?
Then UXB won't put it up for download.

rossmum
December 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Customarily, a pillar doesn't need to be anywhere near a wall. ;D
Argh, you know what I meant. The support beam things that come off the pillars.

Then UXB won't put it up for download.
He probably would. He stated pretty clearly that he doesn't want to get involved in leaking shitfights so he just puts maps up regardless and refuses to take them down.

CabooseJr
December 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Argh, you know what I meant. The support beam things that come off the pillars.

He probably would. He stated pretty clearly that he doesn't want to get involved in leaking shitfights so he just puts maps up regardless and refuses to take them down.

Then what will happen to the "Yoyorast Island V2" map?

Masterz1337
December 30th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Yoyo will stay up.

Anyway, I talked to Dennis. It even says when you load the maps, do not re-distribute.

flood
December 30th, 2006, 08:44 PM
aw man the link is close I think i too late I want try it wat it like my freind said u have cool map I guees I too late to download the map huh but I guess it still fun right??

Masterz1337
December 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM
rc3b should be up for dl tomarow.

CabooseJr
December 30th, 2006, 08:53 PM
nice

Stealth
December 30th, 2006, 09:11 PM
cool, can't wait. I think we should have a New years eve party.

flood
December 30th, 2006, 09:13 PM
ok thx master :) hmm any way do I know u any where I think i saw u somwwhere

Pred1ator
December 30th, 2006, 09:37 PM
i cant wait to download this, can i join the new years eve party ? :D

Elite Killa
December 30th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Make sure there's food at the party...jk. Can't wait to download!

megaxp
December 30th, 2006, 11:39 PM
ohhh damm animation flag :O! nice :)

I_Am_Error117
December 31st, 2006, 08:11 AM
Ummm I was playing this with new001 the other day and he could see with the laser which is somthing i hear alot. But also he said his pistol was floating in 1p but it was fine in 3p. Just wondering if this were a ug or New was pulling my leg.:confused2:

Edit: dang no dl link (accidentaly un installed Halo Ce, when trying to mut multiple copies with it, there went 5 gigs of maps) :( Oh well ill be patient *puts ipod in ears and goes back to download maps*:)

Edit of the Edit:Is there supposed to be fall damage or does Masterz want it to be like Halo 2/ (example: foutain to laser fall)

S117
December 31st, 2006, 08:56 AM
Can't wait for RC3b
Will it have the Spartan Laser hud fixed? because i dont plan on using the haloscreenoptions that stealth gave for long :( so hard to aim

TIA Gangsta
December 31st, 2006, 09:31 AM
Hey, I came across the picture of the Spartan Laser in action.
Looky!

Notice the Laser shoots multiple beams at once and it causes a massive explosion when it hits an object (but not a wall).

~Read the rules and use the [shot] tags next time for large images. -Whiplash

Pred1ator
December 31st, 2006, 09:44 AM
*gets ipod ready to import* :P

Stealth
December 31st, 2006, 10:35 AM
well, have you ever use a Sentinel Beam, and moved it alittle bit, it will act like there is more then one laser, and that is how Masters has it set up I think, and I still think the Spartan Laser needs a Faster Hit, Kill time, too meany times that I go to kill some on, and I'm using it and they live.

I_Am_Error117
December 31st, 2006, 10:38 AM
well, have you ever use a Sentinel Beam, and moved it alittle bit, it will act like there is more then one laser, and that is how Masters has it set up I think, and I still think the Spartan Laser needs a Faster Hit, Kill time, too meany times that I go to kill some on, and I'm using it and they live.

I Halo 2 the Sentinal beam doesnt realy move, however, the angle may change as you strafe and aim

Stealth
December 31st, 2006, 10:58 AM
I Halo 2 the Sentinal beam doesnt realy move, however, the angle may change as you strafe and aim
that is what I meant, but in Halo 1, it dosen't act like the Halo 2 sentinal beam.

Hurrvish
December 31st, 2006, 11:07 AM
i was able to seee with the spartan laser and see the pistol floating because i was playing with bitter banana's screenoptions app

it was pretty easy to kill people without the hud, just make sure that they are in the very center of your screen

I_Am_Error117
December 31st, 2006, 11:11 AM
that is what I meant, but in Halo 1, it dosen't act like the Halo 2 sentinal beam.

Oh i had it backwards

Stealth
December 31st, 2006, 11:19 AM
i was able to seee with the spartan laser and see the pistol floating because i was playing with bitter banana's screenoptions app

it was pretty easy to kill people without the hud, just make sure that they are in the very center of your screen
yes, and if you want to make things ever funner, use is Zelda cam, and hold down the "Shift" key, with that going, that is really fun.

Oh i had it backwards
Np, it happens.

I_Am_Error117
December 31st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Zelda cam, like from the zelda mod, where can I get that

Hurrvish
December 31st, 2006, 11:23 AM
bitterbanana.tk

I_Am_Error117
December 31st, 2006, 11:28 AM
bandwith exceded oh well ill wait
oh is any one elese having trouble connecting to the cmt server?

S117
December 31st, 2006, 11:29 AM
Already answered ur question in another thread i can't remmember :p

Hurrvish
December 31st, 2006, 11:36 AM
i just joined.... but i quit after nobody came

Stealth
December 31st, 2006, 11:40 AM
Um, you can get it from HaloMaps.org, that is where I get most of my hecks from.

S117
December 31st, 2006, 11:46 AM
halomaps.org and there is also halo2files.com

dinonid
December 31st, 2006, 12:04 PM
I think someone uploaded this map to filefront.....heres the topic i read this on.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=61283

S117
December 31st, 2006, 12:12 PM
Masterz seems to have posted there so i think he's solved it

Stealth
December 31st, 2006, 12:37 PM
Ok, if any of you guys see any one trying to Leak this map, or some one trying to get you to leak it, you may want to report it, at less the Leak, but don't give any one the link to the Download, only give them the link to the Topic, so if they're a member here they can download, and if they're not, then they have to sign up to download it.

Pooky
December 31st, 2006, 01:03 PM
Download removed as soon as I get back... figures...

S117
December 31st, 2006, 02:13 PM
RC3B is released FriedMetroid go have a look.