PDA

View Full Version : SMOD Redux

Wizardman
August 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
so i downloaded smod redux V5B5 for Half-Life 2: Episode 1, i searched on 10 different sites how to install it. No answers came up, i tried putting it in the sourcemods folder, then stuck everything in different folders. Wich resulted in 4 re-downloads. if anyone knows what to do tell me.

Limited
August 21st, 2007, 10:13 AM
Number 1, smod kicks ass :) I downloaded a matrix map with it and just ownt combine :) great fun.

Number 2, I think that was an older version, but I installed it by putting into my Steam\SteamApps\Sourcemods folder.

Wizardman
August 22nd, 2007, 10:46 AM
Well, okay. But i tried that with Gmod 9 and it doesnt work.:(

Limited
August 22nd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Did you restart steam?

Wizardman
August 22nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
How do i restart it? Im new to half life and steam ive mostly been working with halo.and how do i get it to run and get the new maps. but will it work for HL2 deathmatch and HL2 episode one?

DrunkenSamus
August 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Restart it by clicking Exit. Look for the Steam icon in your tray in the right hand corner. Then start up Steam again.

Limited
August 22nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah ^ Just do that, if that doesnt work just reboot.

Then it should be in your steam "My games" list :D

ExAm
August 23rd, 2007, 03:01 AM
I know you have to have CS:S to run Gmod 9, is it the same with this?

Limited
August 23rd, 2007, 03:04 AM
I know you have to have CS:S to run Gmod 9, is it the same with this?No but you do need HL2 :D

Wizardman
August 23rd, 2007, 06:50 AM
I found a thread on facepunch how to get SMOD working but it didnt work.
You had to go in the scripts folder and in addcontents you add the Half-Life 2: Episode 1, theres a video on youtube showing the strider battle. but i need it to run on HL2: Deathmatch and get the rpg map running. (the really big one with lake, hangar, garage, and field). all i ahev is HL2: ep 1 and HL2: DM.

Bad Waffle
August 23rd, 2007, 08:12 AM
No but you do need HL2 :D

actually, any source game will do.

Limited
August 23rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
I found a thread on facepunch how to get SMOD working but it didnt work.
You had to go in the scripts folder and in addcontents you add the Half-Life 2: Episode 1, theres a video on youtube showing the strider battle. but i need it to run on HL2: Deathmatch and get the rpg map running. (the really big one with lake, hangar, garage, and field). all i ahev is HL2: ep 1 and HL2: DM.Open up your SMOD directory, and do you see a maps folder? Im thinking you only got the upgrade, from the previous smod version, my SMOD folder is 183 mb in size. If yours is below say 15mb then you messed up :P

actually, any source game will do.
Sorry, but you dont even know what SMOD is. SMOD is a mod of the hl2 SP, therefore having counter strike source, WONT give you hl2 SP, yes?

Wizardman
August 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Yeah but you can make work for MP it just has to convert a map to SP.
so i guess ill just try to buy Gmod 10.