PDA

View Full Version : This has just made my day.

FlyingStone
August 29th, 2007, 09:33 PM
In a very bad way.
First my friend calls me up says shes going to get arrested because of her perverted cousin wanting to beat up her boyfriend who is a short nice guy that couldn't compete with her cousin. And unfortunately i haven't heard back so that just got me all stressed.
Now normally this doesn't ruin my day at all. But when i misplaced my Halo-Cd key and un-installed everything expect for HEK. Thats when i start losing it. I haven't needed to un-install Halo for almost 2 years and normally i write it down and stick it on my wall. Somehow, some way it got torn down and has disappeared. So i was debating with myself to call up MS and see if i can somehow get a Key. Thing is thought i have:
-No box, it got torn up
-I un-installed both Halo and CE so that blows
-Along with the reg key i had the support line written on that back, also missing.
-And all my money is going else where to more important things.

Normally 20$ is fine, but with a friends 16 birthday coming up i wanted to surprise her with a custom made gift, then theres the car that i need to save up for and i need some new clothes, that i have to buy so after doing the math ill have maybe 10$ to spare and won't be getting anything else for a while do to a new year in school. And worst of all my summer vacation never happened because i had to keep working online in the home school site.

Anyways my main question is there any way to get my CD key?
Figured i ask first...
Thanks,
-F.S

Emmzee
August 29th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Not legally that I know of.

Archon23
August 29th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Hmm you could try one of those undeleters and find each of the files that halo had and undelete them. Thats the only way I see it legally.

Bastinka
August 29th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Ghost made a key recovery program but the damn search doesn't allow words under 3 letters. Try searching through The Ghosts threads, you'll find it.

EDIT:
:-3
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67

Thats the app.

Archon23
August 29th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Well theres a slight problem that his Halos uninstalled........

Bastinka
August 29th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Shouldn't Halo still be in the registry though?

Archon23
August 29th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Doesn't the uninstaller clear the registry too?

Bastinka
August 29th, 2007, 09:41 PM
It shouldn't, why else would you need your CD key if it was still installed? (Other than the fact you lost it.)

The last time I checked, most uninstallers don't clear the registry. Gotta go in and do it yourself.

Limited
August 29th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Wow, of course uninstalling deletes registry keys. Do you even know what the registry is silent? :D

Looks like you'd have to buy a new copy, the games mega old I bet you can get a copy really cheaply :)

Dr Nick
August 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Ask parents for some cash, TheGhosts CD-key finder thing might help, and don't buy stuff that costs too much.

n00b1n8R
August 30th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, of course uninstalling deletes registry keys. Do you even know what the registry is silent? :D

Looks like you'd have to buy a new copy, the games mega old I bet you can get a copy really cheaply :)

Halo still costs $40 new in all the stored I've seen :(

also that sucks FS. why would your friend get arrested if it's her cousin trying to start fights >__>

STLRamsFan
August 30th, 2007, 12:04 AM
In Walmart it costs $20.

DrunkenSamus
August 30th, 2007, 12:13 AM
That doesn't make sense by a mile. It's been 6 years and it still costs that much? How is that...

Dr Nick
August 30th, 2007, 12:31 AM
On eBay it costs $10.

Limited
August 30th, 2007, 01:47 AM
That doesn't make sense by a mile. It's been 6 years and it still costs that much? How is that...Do you mean its too much or too little? :)

Depends where you get it, some times you find it in the bargain bin, some times they try to rip you off. Its a bit like movies. They put up the price of the first Bourne Identity movie because the new one is out in the cinema, cheeky bastards.

FlyingStone
August 30th, 2007, 03:31 PM
[/QUOTE]

That is what i though (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645137), and it is so unfair (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2376806) and i would have thought that because of halo 2 vista they drop it. (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=halo&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=halo&Ntk=All&product_code=305517)
But that wouldn't be Microsoft's style. :(

Halo still costs $40 new in all the stored I've seen :(

also that sucks FS. why would your friend get arrested if it's her cousin trying to start fights >__>
Because she was going to kick her cousins ass most likely resulting in him bitching to his dad there by his dad calling the cops under the assumption that she was picking on him, she gets arrested and i go stab...ii mean talk to him face to face about it. I'm a nice guy, mellow, but when somebody like that touches my friend haha sorry all bets are off. You do not want to know me at that point.
Its a pretty messed up situation but she told me to stop asking and lay back so thats what i am going to do until told otherwise.

That doesn't make sense by a mile. It's been 6 years and it still costs that much? How is that...
Thats what i was thinking... :(

On eBay it costs $10.
Yeah and on Ebay i risk taking the chance of buying the disk and thats it. No key. Rather not try that unless i absolutely have to.

Oh well just have to save up for it like everyone else would. I can still work on the UI a bit so i might do that.
Thanks anyways guys,
-F.S

Limited
August 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hmm I suppose you could look on ebay at the pictures to see if any one was dumb enough to post their key.

And then you suddenly out of the blue you remember your key and type it in.

Well, $20 isnt too bad, its for sale over here for £14.99, which is about $30 which isnt that bad really.

DrunkenSamus
August 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Do you mean its too much or too little? :)

I mean it's too much. It should be like 5 bucks now.

HDoan
August 30th, 2007, 07:25 PM
System restore xD

et_cg
August 30th, 2007, 10:30 PM
System restore xD

ftl. :fail:

Limited
August 30th, 2007, 11:23 PM
System restore xDBah >_< Well it will cost $20 for MS to send a new CD. But buying new you get new package new cd and new cd key :D Good investment?