PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Bad Company

ExAm
September 8th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, it looks awesome. Guns + ability to blow up anything = :awesome:

4jgCZ3py9UQ

PefSGerwy4c

xijncXnNJQ8

Personally, I'm excited. I know I was for BF2:Modern Combat, and that ended up blowing (different game engines for campaign and multiplayer, both which sucked), but who cares? This looks like it'll actually be awesome.

Mr Buckshot
September 8th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Ah yes, I remember this Battlefield game being touted for a truly destructible environment, something I've always yearned for in a game.

As long as EA can pull this off properly (as in, no show-stopping bugs) I'm happy. I'm excited to be able to just shoot down walls and stuff.

ExAm
September 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, if EA doesn't push DICE to the breaking point to get it done "on time", like they did with BF2:MC

EDIT: Spotted a bug: In one small clip where the player has a shotgun in the second trailer, the racking animation only moves the hand, and the foregrip stays in place. Add to that, the shell slides outside the left of the gun during its chambering animation. The sniper rifle, in a later shot, unzooms to a view of the gun itself far behind the stock, with no hands, which then lowers down and to the right. It looks almost as bad, animation wise, as BF2:MC :(
Weapons could use lowering a bit as well. They're a bit high.

Con
September 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Wow! I like that "anything can be blown up" concept. I hope it's as good as it looks.

n00b1n8R
September 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah, if EA doesn't push DICE to the breaking point to get it done "on time", like they did with BF:2142
ftfy.
from what I've seen, BF2 is decent. when 2142 came out, it was gross :fail:
(though IDK if it was the same for BF:2)

it'd be cool if they did this properly though :awesome:

ExAm
September 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Why did you edit my post to say BF2142? I meant BF2: Modern Combat, the game for Xbox 360.

Updated first post with gameplay footage. Looks like the sniper animation bug has been fixed.

n00b1n8R
September 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
because from what I played of it 2142 was way worse.

wait, are we only talking about xbox BF games here?

ExAm
September 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
because from what I played of it 2142 was way worse.

wait, are we only talking about xbox BF games here?I'm talking about Xbox BF games, since that's what I'm comparing BF:BC to.

Every PC BF game I've played has been great. 2142 is fun, but it's not my thing. I didn't see any real game-changing bugs in the demo, and I don't see what everyone's on about with bugs in BF2. I sure don't see any.

n00b1n8R
September 8th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I played it last christmas.
you couldn't make a new account witht he ingame menu unless you wanted some stupid username like "jkladjfklkdsjnv" (those were the only names I could find that weren't "taken").

so I went out and made my account through the EA site.
then I go back in, play for 10 minutes and get kicked by punkbuster (that used to happen alot).

then mines and shit used to fall through the titans and the lag was horrible (atleast for me) untill they came out with some major patch's.

I never got into it (though my brother loved it) :/

why did it look like the sniper was stabbing himself when the screen went red in that second vid :S

ExAm
September 8th, 2007, 10:18 PM
That was a syringe of some kind of stuff that stabilizes you, I think.

rossmum
September 8th, 2007, 10:20 PM
If this comes out and it's as good as it looks, it'll be fucking awesome.

Abdurahman
September 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
The Project Reality mod for BF2 allows you to destroy some of the buildings.

EuSOWdiznro

Snowy
September 8th, 2007, 10:29 PM
EA =/= Win.

Leiukemia
September 8th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Exam, animation sort of stuff is easy to fix, and really isn't something to ruin gameplay. I just hope there aren't any wall hopping glitches or anything of that sort. Looks really cool, lol I liked the first video.

ExAm
September 8th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, but they never fixed them for BF2:MC, just left them in.

Also, no offense to the makers of Project Reality, but it kinda sucks.

El Lobo
September 8th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I actually enjoyed BF2:MC when I played it with my buddies on Live, not a terrible experience. This game looks really cool though, will definitely pick it up.

ExAm
September 9th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I mean the 360 version. The Xbox version wasn't so bad, but the models sucked.

DrunkenSamus
September 9th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Wow! I like that "anything can be blown up" concept. I hope it's as good as it looks.

Red Faction did that quite well. Especially in multiplayer.

Abdurahman
September 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Red Faction did that quite well. Especially in multiplayer.

Yep. Red Faction revolutionized the term "destroy everything". Man those were fun multiplayer matches. Blowing up tunnels in the walls. Fun times.

Lateksi
September 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I didn't see any real game-changing bugs in the demo, and I don't see what everyone's on about with bugs in BF2. I sure don't see any.
If you had played PC BFs (I mean 2, 2142) any more you would know they are pretty laggy games too. My brother is one of the best/known snipers of the BF2, and I often watch him playing. Many times he headshots AFK dude and the dude won't die, no damage at all. Think.. a NONmoving object. Same goes for moving players too of course, what makes sniping kinda hard. (I wouldn't try it). There are many graphic bugs, sound bugs, and when bad situation, people are shooting/aiming at you, you can't make a move you want to to avoid getting shot. LoL Overload or something?
2142 is technically a more fixed version of BF2 but there are many same bugs in the two games.

ExAm
September 10th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Not enough lag for me to notice, just the odd connection error every few minutes, but that's either my computer or my internet connection. No one else I've talked to has the problem.

Dr Nick
September 10th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I have a feeling this game wont be as awesome as it seems, you'll get bored of blowing things up and walking through walls, then stop playing.

But that's only my opinion, which I am entitled to.

Sorry, if I don't say that, some asshole will flame me.