PDA

View Full Version : CMT_RC1_Grove Bug Thread

Narida
January 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Seeing as there was no such thread, I thought I'd start one.
2 things I found, the AR reticle is completely blurred and the teleporter near blue base doesn't work, the one beside the sniper spawn.

EDIT:
some pics:
http://narida.na.ohost.de/pictures/ar.JPG

the reticle is blurred while all the otheres are fine, eg:
http://narida.na.ohost.de/pictures/smg.JPG

i noticed that the teleporter^^ was onlly an exit one, that wasnt so clear^^

gruntboy
January 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM
BUGS:
-Red base teleport to middle base thing has two BRs, while the blue base one only has one.
-Like in Fragment, there is no message indicator telling you that you picked up BR ammo.
-The bird ambience sounds don't make much sense since it is supposed to be night.

The reticule is fine for me. I think it is just your computer becasue the ammo display on the AR looks odd on yours also but not on mine. In both pics I am getting killed lol.

Sunray
January 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM
For me the new AR reticule worked just dandy.I really like it. The tele's don't work in the middle of the map either...

Scott-PL
January 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM
few minor details but nothing big

m13120
January 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
-Like in Fragment, there is no message indicator telling you that you picked up BR ammo.

The reticule is fine for me. I think it is just your computer becasue the ammo display on the AR looks odd on yours also but not on mine. In both pics I am getting killed lol.

1. Masterz said in the game that he cannot fix it, for some reason. 2. That also happened to me. It happened when I turned my graphics ALL THE WAY down.

Flood55
January 6th, 2007, 04:54 PM
if your H3 AR is blurry go to the start menu ingame, then to Settings-Video Settings-Texture Quality and put that to high.

High-Best Appearence,Worst Performence.
Medium- Balenced.
Low-Worst Appearence,Best Perfromence.

megaxp
January 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM
hu nice bug D:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/751/bugiy0.jpg

Edward Elrich
January 6th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Perhaps that's because of the water. Also, I can't see the water when I play it. (I'm playing at 640x480, though, so that may have something to do with it.

The same AR glitch is there, the one with the HUD bitmap.

CtrlAltDestroy
January 6th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Reticle glitch is because someone compiled the texture with mipmaps. :/

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM
hu nice bug D:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/751/bugiy0.jpgShot tags. We have them for a reason.

cls
January 6th, 2007, 07:40 PM
The Needler has twice has much ammo then its supposed to.
The two way teleporters at the bases are one way only.

Criticism:

The placement of the weapons should be more spread out.
The rocket warthog is able to overtake the regular warthog too easily.(I say that because I suck using the rocket hog)

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I like how the Needler is now.......just an opinion, no bugs reportingg from me, sorry :D;;

Masterz1337
January 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I have a bug, spiker falls through some parts of the bsp, when it is set to spawn.

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2007, 08:38 PM
have half of u ppl testing the map played grove... the teleporters to the middle have allways been 1 way. try testing out the other map before making decisions on things like htat k ;)

that laser projectile looks awesome masters.. dano was skinning it at one stage, is that his skin?

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
what I think you should do is move the Spiker and the Neddler away from each other in those caves. They're too close, I have to go back and pick up the weapon I wanted because it switched with the one i didin't want....just place them a bit further away.

Elite Killa
January 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I had 340 rounds in my AR. I was standing over another AR and shot all the bullets from my clip. After it reloads, it says I picked up 34 rounds, even though it should say 32 rounds, am I right?

And I don't like the placement of the ARs at the base...they jam through the wall...

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I had 340 rounds in my AR. I was standing over another AR and shot all the bullets from my clip. After it reloads, it says I picked up 34 rounds, even though it should say 32 rounds, am I right?

And I don't like the placement of the ARs at the base...they jam through the wall...

yeah, you fixed the number of bullets on the HUD of the AR, but that same thing happened with me. Next to that...the AR still takes four bullets to knock one bullet off the HUD

Masterz1337
January 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Ar Hud is wierd. We tried fixing it, with no luck. But hey, why look at the HUD when you have a sexy color changing ammo display.

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Ar Hud is wierd. We tried fixing it, with no luck. But hey, why look at the HUD when you have a sexy color changing ammo display.

True, true :p Thank you!

EDIT: Damn you and your super frickin' sweet visuals.....lol

Edward Elrich
January 6th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Are the weapon HUD displays being displayed to match the one in the update in the truly public forums? (not the exclusive members area, the general discussion area.)

Edward Elrich
January 6th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Wow, that didn't take long. Ten seconds and I found a bug. When you are killed by the Galilean, it says "<insert name here> was killed by a vehicle."

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Are the weapon HUD displays being displayed to match the one in the update in the truly public forums? (not the exclusive members area, the general discussion area.)

Wow, I have no idea what you just said.....that was confusing

Stealth
January 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
oh boy here I go...

Perhaps that's because of the water. Also, I can't see the water when I play it. (I'm playing at 640x480, though, so that may have something to do with it.

The same AR glitch is there, the one with the HUD bitmap.
check your setings in you Video card, and in Halo CE, it just might be the gfx card, I can't see water when I play Halo on my laptop, I may post a pic of that, if you want to look at that crapy gfxs.

Shot tags. We have them for a reason.
I love Shot tags, I wish I had them over at TSL's forums, but I can't get the admins to add it, so I made my own...

The Needler has twice has much ammo then its supposed to.
The two way teleporters at the bases are one way only.

Criticism:

The placement of the weapons should be more spread out.
The rocket warthog is able to overtake the regular warthog too easily.(I say that because I suck using the rocket hog)
Needler is good on Ammo, but I think add more Ammo per clip, and ton down on the ammo stock.

what I think you should do is move the Spiker and the Neddler away from each other in those caves. They're too close, I have to go back and pick up the weapon I wanted because it switched with the one i didin't want....just place them a bit further away.
yes, good Idea, move them away, move the needler or the spiker on to the walk way over the road.

oh well, I don't look up at that part of the HUD when I'm using the AR or the BRG, I just look at the ammo count on the weapon it self.

Ok here is my little bug list,

The clouds look like crap, they are too blocky.
tone down on the skins in the bases.
maybe have the size of the skins in game abit smaller maybe.
the Needler is abit ify on the ammo, check the part of my post where I talk about my idea for the Needler ammo.
the Rocket Hog go great for this map, not the other one.
if you can, make it so you can get ontop of the base and kill the other team that is on top of the base with out running around just to kill them.
the PP needs a faster melee, just abit.
add some kind of skin to the SL that acts like the PPs charging skin, but put it some where on the laser's lense thingy.
add some rain to the map, or some lighten.

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM
wow, he's good at this. =)

my needs will be filled if that list is complete...lol

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but the teleporter in upper red base is one way from the teleporter outside the front of the base.

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM
just an easy way to get to sniper.

Stealth
January 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM
have half of u ppl testing the map played grove... the teleporters to the middle have allways been 1 way. try testing out the other map before making decisions on things like htat k ;)

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but the teleporter in upper red base is one way from the teleporter outside the front of the base.
Read the quote right above your's Finalcuthalo.

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Read the quote right above your's Finalcuthalo.

My bad. Anyway, I found the easter egg on the map. It's pretty cool.

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 10:21 PM
My bad. Anyway, I found the easter egg on the map. It's pretty cool.

What's the easter egg???? o_O

Stealth
January 6th, 2007, 10:43 PM
wait don't tell any one, just keep it to your self.

TeeKup
January 6th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Did you fix that problem with the spartan lazer that when it was dropped it kept firing? I noticed that in ALL previous beta maps.

PlasbianX
January 6th, 2007, 10:48 PM
i think grove was ruined :(

Hurrvish
January 6th, 2007, 11:00 PM
i dont think anythings wrong
coiuld do with a few overshields and camos though

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
please PM me the easter egg.

EDIT: Wait a minute, is it those credits in the waterfalls? that one was in Grove by someone, I forgot...too lazy to check, but why did CMT improve on that map?? Makes no sense

Masterz1337
January 6th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Grove was by arteen, who is on CMT.

HDoan
January 6th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Arteen made a thread on gear box along time ago saying in my little nut shell" post your name and ill make you famouse on my map"

AAA
January 6th, 2007, 11:37 PM
oh yeah!.............I didn't put my name because, well....i thought it was for people who actually did something for Halo ce like....make a tag atleast..

I never put my name =(

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I dont' think I ever did that, oh and I know two eggs, and I'm not going to tell any one, every, and I made a mass of Humping Vehicles in one of the pits....
Oh and the RL Amin.s are great, looks real good.

Bodzilla
January 7th, 2007, 01:10 AM
look dudes, i dont know if Grove should have been a release candidate to begin with.
we all know grove works fine and is relatively bug free, (presuming theres bugs i've never seen)

the only things that you've put in such as the hud, the weapons, explosions have all been tested and checked for bugs from heaps of ppl in fragment.
basically the only things you can receive new feed back here are stuff like textures.

The base's looks terrible btw :( they look like a kinda turd brown. make the bases the same as they where in quarantine. all shiny and white :)
because those bases where made of :win:

Masterz1337
January 7th, 2007, 01:12 AM
So dano gave you that map too?

Bodzilla
January 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM
he might of, but i would never release it. i still have it looks great IMO
i'm just surprised that you've changed from that idea and went to a more run-down brown look.
i've had the map since probebly the first beta tests that u did, and it has never been leaked, plus i live like 5 mins from dano and have known him since kindy, nad he'd kick my ass if i released them.
i believe leaking is as good as lieing and if u ask dano i never lie, about anything :)
all i'd like to do is help u test these maps the best they can be by finding bugs glitches and offering opinions.

long story short your map is safe with me

Masterz1337
January 7th, 2007, 01:35 AM
What needs to be changed in the bases? just the floors?

Bodzilla
January 7th, 2007, 01:49 AM
the walls as well, the walls have lost there crazy shine that they originally had and the floor has become a bit to brown, adding the brown on top of a really shiny floor takes away alot of the shiny, chrome, futuristic feeling the floor has, and it still hurts your fps.

i'll go in game and do an indepth comparison later and point out things that i believe should change and stay the same if u lik, i'll even back it up with screen shots :)

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 02:27 AM
The lens flares in the bases make my FPS drop really low when I join, then it gets better momentarily. The ammo counter on the Battle Rifle is a bit too dark, and that's about all I noticed.

Bodzilla
January 7th, 2007, 05:45 AM
^thats about all you'll find because this was based of an original map by arteen who did an extraordinary job modeling it.
the only things u could really make a comment on are new textures and any new content that wasnt in fragment (which i dont think there is any) because all the things such as HUD's, wepons glitches animation problems, explosions, nade damage and biped secondary colour have all been covered in the fragment RC.

nice job on the sparton laser btw, the new projectile kicks ass.

i dont think you should have made grove a RC candidate tbh because of this^^
if your going to do any more RC's they should be original maps so we can find things like error's in the modeling, phantom faces etc. because basically everything else has been covered ;)

beele
January 7th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Downloading right now, bug report following:)
-----
The bugs I found so far:
-The bases lag me very much.
-Spartan laser reflection on the water (the beam reflects, but somethimes the reflection isn't logic)
-Some teleporters aren't working.

thats it for now.

TIA Gangsta
January 7th, 2007, 07:09 AM
This map looks shit on my computer. The textures are terrible and the grass is completely bland and blurry. No detail at all. And the base looks pretty bad on my comp also.
Could you possibly put a new grass texture there so reasonable (which is mine) graphic cards can see the grass strands and stuff? In the map PaintforestV1, it has a new grass texture to the normal Halo grass which allows me to see the grass strands in detail. Could you do something similar to that please?

Oh, and more weapons at the base, or atleast more ARs at the base. The two ARs together aren't even the max ammo you can carry for one person. So it would only do one person efficiently. Fragment's weapon count and placement was perfect really (except maybe some pistol ammo).

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Beele, the Teleporters work fine, if you don't think I'm telling the truth, go play Arteen's Grove, not CMT's Grove, and check, leave the SP reflection on the water alone, I like that, that gives people a fighting chance when they have to face some one with a Spartan Laser when they're on foot, I've had to do this a few times, it works too.

beele
January 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM
k the teleporters are indeed fine. my apologies for that, i'll post more bugs if I find them (the AR bug I'm not going to report since everyone knows it already:) ).

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
AR has no bugs, it is just each player's computer's gfxs that dose it, any way, look what I did,
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6022/haloce2007010622582104in2.jpg
there is two bottoms of that pic, at the bottom of that mass of ghosts is one, and there is one more.

AAA
January 7th, 2007, 12:26 PM
AR has no bugs, it is just each player's computer's gfxs that dose it, any way, look what I did,
there is two bottoms of that pic, at the bottom of that mass of ghosts is one, and there is one more.

NICE MAN!!:lmao:

megaxp
January 7th, 2007, 12:44 PM
omg ghost O_O!

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 12:48 PM
ya I was at the bottom of that pit and did "Cheat_all_vehicles" a ton of times, and no vehicles would fall on me, so I look up, and see two or three ghosts fly up, not down, but up, and that was the best one I did, I only droped my fps down to 20, my first one I got my fps to drop down to 1, only because I droped a few nades down there...

Hurrvish
January 7th, 2007, 01:09 PM
cool, i should try
it looks like coffee is bing poured down on the ghosts

4RT1LL3RY
January 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM
In the room with the pit you can easily crouch jump onto the top of the lower door way and camp with shotty.

AAA
January 7th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I have a problem with the flag hollding in Grove Now....I like the way it was in Fragment.

In this pic of it, it doesn't look as stylish, shinym and cool as it was in Fragment.

It looks like it's been nudered, like completely chopped off at the end compared to Fragment...
http://liveu-11.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/mm44/new_media3/2007/1/7/FLURL-dot-com-217456_Grove___Normal.png

The melee in Grove just too small and doesn't look like it goes very far - damage, or length wise

http://liveu-15.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/mm44/new_media3/2007/1/7/FLURL-dot-com-217457_Grove___Melee.png

So, if you could just bring back the Strong, sharp, and effective looking melee and visual of the shiny gold head back , just like in cmt-rc3b_frgament.map That'd be Schweet! >.<

http://liveu-11.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/mm44/new_media3/2007/1/7/FLURL-dot-com-217458_Fragment___Normal.png

In these two, it looks awesome, effective, and much morepersuading to grab the flag....honestly, I sometimes want to grab the flag just to melee people because it looks so cool. Evene if the game is serious. Yeah, I'm just weird like that.

http://liveu-17.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/mm44/new_media3/2007/1/7/FLURL-dot-com-217459_Fragment___Melee.png

Please put this melee style from Fragment into Grove.:(

*sob* It's just not the same....*sobs s'more* <lol>

EDIT: BTW, I love what you did with the flag pole in Grove, it's dark, it's damp...and don't change the flooring...it looks yellow, but it kinda matched the environment. It's schwicked :Thumbsup:

EDIT2: People, if the map is waaay too dark, turn up your settings!! I didin't have to because it's already bright! *Points at pictures above* SEEE?? Map isn't too dark.

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Oh and the Spartan laser needs some work, the laser is coming out of the wrong spot, and I have a few weapon/Gametype errors that need to be fixed, like AR, BRG, SL spawning on the map when it is covie weapons only, and a few other things.

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
The new charging sound on the Lazer made me throw up a little... is that low quality sound I detected? As for the brightness, seriously people turn up your gamma 2 clicks. It looks fine and the game doesn't get that much brighter.

Bodzilla
January 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
masters is it all right if i post a picture of the quarantine bases, so you can see the difference between it and grove.
you cant see outside you'll just see the bases from inside and the textures, so ppl still wont know wat map it is :)

An Emu
January 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM
IMO the map is way too dark.

Narida
January 7th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I
So, if you could just bring back the Strong, sharp, and effective looking melee and visual of the shiny gold head back , just like in cmt-rc3b_frgament.map That'd be Schweet! >.<

http://liveu-11.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/mm44/new_media3/2007/1/7/FLURL-dot-com-217458_Fragment___Normal.png

I like the new one better, the one in frag. was strange, if you're holding the pole at the top, then where did the flag go?
the new one makes more sense although mb u could lengthen the pole a bit

Syuusuke
January 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
You know some things mentioned aren't even bugs, more like opinions "this looks too this" or "this should be like this"

Bug: My butt is too big

See, THAT is not a bug.

Anyway, the spiker near blue tunnel doesn't like to be held by me. Only bug I found so far.
^ok that has been mentioned already, but I might as well just re-address this =)

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 05:53 PM
and people, map is just fine when it is Dark, it like some of us and the ShotGun, we are so use to having a map that is based in the day time, and and easy to see every thing, but let me point this out, we don't need 100% of CMT's maps to be based in the day time, we need a few that are in the dark, so some of us who do better when it is dark can have a fare chance.

AAA
January 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
and people, map is just fine when it is Dark, it like some of us and the ShotGun, we are so use to having a map that is based in the day time, and and easy to see every thing, but let me point this out, we don't need 100% of CMT's maps to be based in the day time, we need a few that are in the dark, so some of us who do better when it is dark can have a fare chance.

not that this is one of the things they're basing these maps upon, but it is included in some.

lol

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
hey, add some Owl sounds to the map, that would be nice.

AAA
January 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
hey, add some Owl sounds to the map, that would be nice.

agree, some night sound like crickets, owls, maybe add some light bugs as scenery?...make it seem a bit more lively...

Trezeguet
January 7th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Well, the map is dark but I like it that way.
It puts me in a depressing mood and motivates me to play better.
I haven't found any bugs so far that haven't already been posted.
My only opinions are:
1.) Don't like the SMG Melee effect. (but the reload effects are sweet)
2.) Don't like the needler Melee effect.

Other than that the rest seems to be great. I'll check it out again when I have time, hopefully with people on the CMT server.

Edward Elrich
January 7th, 2007, 10:30 PM
The SL still has the bug, you can't get kills with it. (When you DO kill someone with it, it says they were killed by a vehicle)

Masterz1337
January 7th, 2007, 10:32 PM
You're the only one who gets that error, I always get the kill.

Edward Elrich
January 7th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Strange. Maybe a vehicle happened to spawn on top of me the moment I was hit by the laser or something. I'll try to figure it out Wednesday, when I have no homework for a while (yay midterms and finals, the teachers can't assign homework easily.)

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I've goten a few kills, and here is a error, I think oh I can't remember.

Bodzilla
January 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
agree, some night sound like crickets, owls, maybe add some light bugs as scenery?...make it seem a bit more lively...
HOLLY SHIT!
ADD GLOW WORMS IN THE TUNNELS!
that would own :):cool:

OmegaDragon
January 8th, 2007, 06:58 AM
A list of things that I found wrong:

Some of the things that usually have a splash effect don't have one
I dont know if this was done intentionally, but the dirt is green >.> (dirt particle from explosions and such)
Weapon layout looked a bit... blegh to me >.>

Edward Elrich
January 8th, 2007, 07:01 AM
The "green dirt" is probably just grass. It seems more realistic to have grass and dirt in the particles from the explosions.

Also, even at 800x600 resolution, I still can't see the water's surface.

Stealth
January 8th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Oh I now remember what bug the bug was, check the efects of the PP hiting the grass, I'll post a pic later when I'm home at my computer with all of my screen shots.

S117
January 8th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Well, i didn't see any pic of it but i think it was mentioned so here is the link:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1158/2shotsil8.th.png (http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2shotsil8.png)

Edward Elrich
January 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Bug: you can't pick up any shotgun ammo. No need for pictures for that one.

TeeKup
January 8th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I got several.

At the entrance of the tunnel that leads behind blue base there is a false spiker. Model is there however it cant be picked up and ammo cant be picked up from it.

There is also a false sniper by the sniper on the waterfall structure.

The spartan laser has a tendency for its laser to ricochet off things.

The needler is too damn overpowered...

The Spiker's contrail needs to be a bit smaller.

The BRG grenade needs to actually do some damage plzkthnx.

The current weapons in CTF are BRG, AR, PP, Spiker, Needler, Sniper, Shotgun, and spartan laser. It needs more covi weapon variation.

It takes 3 seconds for the spartan laser to kill a person and it lasts for little over 6 seconds. Either power it down or replace it with the rocket launcher.

The lighting is terrible.

It would be nice with a thicker fog and rain. A light gray fog instead of this pathetic haze.

Plasma grenades and frag grenades need to be spread out more across the map.

EDIT: The base textures could stand revising. Like in that other thread it would look better as a whiter forerunner metal than a vomit colored wall.

Rosco
January 8th, 2007, 03:11 PM
1) Less needler ammo, back to 20, atleast 3-4 kills before you need to run and get ammo with a starting stock of 20.
2) Is it possible to make the horn less forever going, say it stops after about 3 seconds, and you have to repress the button. (I don't mind it, it's just when you're gunning it's distracting.)
3) DO NOT even think about a titanic map, Masterz :gonk:
4) More light please, increasing the gamma makes things look horrible :X

More to come, need to test more.

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 03:27 PM
1) Less needler ammo, back to 20, atleast 3-4 kills before you need to run and get ammo with a starting stock of 20.

The needler is too damn overpowered...

Give me a BREAK, you people are calling the NEEDLER overpowered now? I mean seriously, not ONLY is it not a starting weapon but nobody ever goes for it ANYWAY. The Needler should have been much more powerful than it was in Halo 1 netcode or not, but WITH leading the thing is very difficult to use. Anyway, I consider this stupid enough to be listed as a bug, so why does the SMG of all things waste rounds when reloading? Removing the fact that this isn't some stupid hide and seek game like Ghost Recon where every bullet counts from consideration, of all things WHY the SMG? Why not the Pistol? It's hard enough to get kills with the SMG from any real distance against a seasoned pistol whore without losing a whole clip every time you instinctively reload. Halo is an action game, it should really behave like one. I say this about the Rocket Launcher too, but at least there's some sense in the choice to have it for that weapon.

TeeKup
January 8th, 2007, 03:32 PM
The pistol uses armor peircing incindiary rounds. I took 6 needler rounds and my health was in red. Ummmm.........No?

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I'm not complaining about the functionality of the weapons, I'm saying it's unfair for the SMG to waste rounds when reloading and the pistol to not. I also think the Needler was massively underpowered before (unless you were unbelievably good at Halo) and works just find the way it is now, what with the netcode and all.

TeeKup
January 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Did I forget to mention that my health was reduced to technically 1 bar when I took 6 rounds, With sheilds included?

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, but how often do you get kills with the Needler, honestly? Just because someone's good with it doesn't mean it should be removed from the map. I don't see you asking to remove the pistol, and it's got people 100x better with it than anyone is with the Needler, and it kills you in THREE shots.

TeeKup
January 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Yes, but how often do you get kills with the Needler, honestly? Just because someone's good with it doesn't mean it should be removed from the map. I don't see you asking to remove the pistol, and it's got people 100x better with it than anyone is with the Needler, and it kills you in THREE shots.

yeah cause it uses armor pericing incidiery rounds. You dont have to be good with the needler anymore cause they increased the turning arc by a good 8 degrees. I've gotten plenty of kills with the needler and I dont like it. Its over powered and too easy to use now. Cause yeah, alot of people can kill anyone in 3 shots. :/

Either remove it.

Decrease the turning arc.

Lower the ammo capacity.

Or decrease its power.

Stealth
January 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM
and for those of you who think you have bad gfxs, get a load of this,
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/4429/wrathns0.jpg
Ok, so if you think you have bad gfx, just remember what I was playing with.

megaxp
January 8th, 2007, 04:58 PM
bad gfx ;)

IPBJT!
January 8th, 2007, 05:02 PM
More like a lightmaps problem than bad graphics

Stealth
January 8th, 2007, 05:25 PM
no, that is bad gfxs, trust me, that is CMT's mod, and that is about all I could see.
Oh and here is that bug.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7255/haloce2007010714132313qf5.jpg
is that blue Plasma I see?
shoudn't it be green like this,
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1621/haloce2007010714153952rx6.jpg

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 05:50 PM
yeah cause it uses armor pericing incidiery rounds. You dont have to be good with the needler anymore cause they increased the turning arc by a good 8 degrees. I've gotten plenty of kills with the needler and I dont like it. Its over powered and too easy to use now. Cause yeah, alot of people can kill anyone in 3 shots. :/

Either remove it.

Lower the ammo capacity.

Or decrease its power.

Then don't USE the Needler, I mean seriously, so the pistol uses armor piercing rounds, maybe the Needler uses armor piercing NEEDLES. It's not like they're THAT hard to dodge. It's the future, and the Covenant technology is supposedly better, perhaps it's time it behaved like so

Edward Elrich
January 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I think the needler should be set up like the SMG. With the animation, MC puts a new needle pack thing in the weapon. It would make sense that when he does that, the old one can't be used again (because of "live ammunition" or something like that)

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Only thing is, l33t would have to make a completely new animation and the one it has right now looks pretty damn sweet. Bungie's Needler reload animation sucked.

Edward Elrich
January 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
No he wouldn't. I meant make the needler like the caseless SMG where when you reload it, you can't keep any extra ammo you might have had. You have to put a new clip in it. (i.e. Each needler clip is 20 needles. You fire 10 needles and press the reload/action button. After you reload, the ammo count drops by 20, which is one full clip. Just like with the caseless SMG, you could fire one round and still lose 60 ammo if you reloaded.)

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 06:08 PM
But the wastes rounds when reloading flag is just plain retarded. It doesn't belong in a game like Halo

Edward Elrich
January 8th, 2007, 06:11 PM
It can. The SMG is easier to understand than the needler. Because the SMG is "caseless," you can't take just a portion of a clip(s) to make a full one, the way you basically do with any human weapon (except the shotgun). Once you eject the clip, you can't fire the rest of the ammo in it.

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Yes, that would be true in the real world. But Halo isn't the real world, it's a game with a formula that has worked very well to date. And that formula doesn't include "realism" like that. It would slow the pace down even beyond the already superslow pace of the game

Stealth
January 8th, 2007, 10:53 PM

Either remove it.

Lower the ammo capacity.

Or decrease its power.
it is just fine. if you don't like it, don't use it then, and you're a better play at Halo then me, and I can still dodge the stupid needles, why can't you, but maybe it is because I moded the Halo trial SP level so most of the weapons shoots needles. But any ways, if you can out run the things but runing away from them, you'll be just fine, they do have a Max Ragne they can go, and once you've leed them past that, they die, then you kill the guy with the Needler.

I think the needler should be set up like the SMG. With the animation, MC puts a new needle pack thing in the weapon. It would make sense that when he does that, the old one can't be used again (because of "live ammunition" or something like that)
that would be very cool.

Only thing is, l33t would have to make a completely new animation and the one it has right now looks pretty damn sweet. Bungie's Needler reload animation sucked.
no he woundn't, do you see any new reload animation for the SMG? I don't it is the same as it was for the first SP mod, and every time I've tested it, it is the same reload aanimation, but in the last 4 Public Beta tests, you reload, and you loss a full clip of ammo, and that wasn't like that back in the first SP mod.

But the wastes rounds when reloading flag is just plain retarded. It doesn't belong in a game like Halo
some times it is, and others it isn't like the RL, do you want it so when some one has a RL do you want them to save every rocket in a clip so they can kill you, or do you want it so they reload and they lose one rocket?

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 10:54 PM
no he woundn't, do you see any new reload animation for the SMG? I don't it is the same as it was for the first SP mod, and every time I've tested it, it is the same reload aanimation, but in the last 4 Public Beta tests, you reload, and you loss a full clip of ammo, and that wasn't like that back in the first SP mod.

I misinterpreted what he was saying, drop it.

Bodzilla
January 9th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yes, that would be true in the real world. But Halo isn't the real world, it's a game with a formula that has worked very well to date. And that formula doesn't include "realism" like that. It would slow the pace down even beyond the already superslow pace of the game
^ total win on the Reload idea tbh.
we dont need that kind of stuff in halo, it works well now with out it... so why bother putting it in.
i dun care about the smg (cause no one uses it) but to have the reload apply to a pistol a RL or a needler is just to crazy.... not for halo.

Edward Elrich
January 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM
*sigh* I admit it, my graphics card is crap. I went on another computer, and I could see the water (with reflections of the textures, I might add.) But then, the internet was flaky and I couldn't stay in a game for more than two minutes. I might be getting a new one sometime this week :)

S117
January 9th, 2007, 01:38 PM
my two BR findings....

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5496/3shotsei6.th.png (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3shotsei6.png)http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6171/3bulletsox6.th.png (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3bulletsox6.png)

i dont know if they were mentioned, but these pics are what i could get beside the AR that i posted yesterday.

TIA Gangsta
January 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
my two BR findings....

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5496/3shotsei6.th.png (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3shotsei6.png)http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6171/3bulletsox6.th.png (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3bulletsox6.png)

i dont know if they were mentioned, but these pics are what i could get beside the AR that i posted yesterday.

Damn the BR looks complete shit on your comp.
And I also noticed that if you shoot a fresh BR for a couple of bursts, it doesn't show up as you've used any bullets in the HUD.
And the HUD picks up the BR shooting more than 3 shots per burst sometimes, hence it resulting in showing 4 bullets left, when they're actually 3. Then when you shoot your last burst in your clip, you shoot a 3 shot burst, but since it shows 4 shots left, it just skips to a finish clip, showing you shooting a 4 shot burst.

S117
January 9th, 2007, 03:11 PM
my computer sucks i know :p

AAA
January 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM
That's weird, I checked for that about 4 days ago and it worked perfectly fine.

Pooky
January 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Damn the BR looks complete shit on your comp.

I've seen worse (my old computer)

As for the ammo counter, it's probably just that the bitmap and its multipurpose don't line up right. Shouldn't that ammo counter on the rifle really be brighter too, I thought it was supposed to be backlit? I can barely see it

AAA
January 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
No he wouldn't. I meant make the needler like the caseless SMG where when you reload it, you can't keep any extra ammo you might have had. You have to put a new clip in it. (i.e. Each needler clip is 20 needles. You fire 10 needles and press the reload/action button. After you reload, the ammo count drops by 20, which is one full clip. Just like with the caseless SMG, you could fire one round and still lose 60 ammo if you reloaded.)

Don't like the idea, that one goes down the drain.

Edward Elrich
January 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Here's a bug: some explosions make me lose health WHILE I have some shield strength left. So I lose three health bars and still have a quarter left on my shields.

edit: In response to the AR bug, CMT has looked into it, and the AR's current HUD can't be fixed. (But it's just a placeholder until the new custom one is implimented. Also, why look there when you have the ammo count in big numbers on the weapon?)

Masterz1337
January 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
What explosions do this?

Edward Elrich
January 9th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I think it was the BR grenade, I'll double check after I study for finals. Maybe it was my imagination or something.

Narida
January 9th, 2007, 06:11 PM

^ total win on the Reload idea tbh.
we dont need that kind of stuff in halo, it works well now with out it... so why bother putting it in.

I agree, if thing were to be logical, ud have to lose rounds on all weapons when u reload and the clip isn't empty, are extra rounds supposed to jump into the half empty clip by themselves or sthing, but that doesn't fit in the halo world, it has always worked out fine this way and quickens the pace of te game.... :mad:

Edward Elrich
January 9th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Fine, i guess I'm beaten. And on the last bug I posted, I think it was just a freak glitch or something, it hasn't happened again.

Stealth
January 10th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I found some more bugs, Masterz check the Gametype setings for the AR and the BRG, and maybe the RL, or do some tests with Heavy weapons only, only 2 weapons spawn around the map, the Flamer and the SL, no RL.

Edward Elrich
January 10th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I think it was done that way for a reason. I could be wrong, though. And is there a way to make the map camper-proof? Something in it so if you stay in the other team's base too long (more than two minutes, maybe) you are teleported to another random spot, besides your own base?

Stealth
January 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yes, but if you go and test game types with Weapons sets like Heave, short range, so on, you'll all ways see the BRG and the AR, now in short range fighting, that is bad.

~ZMT~Trace
January 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I think it was the BR grenade, I'll double check after I study for finals. Maybe it was my imagination or something.

Headshot mb?

in fragment i saw that BRG headshot plus fire=easy kill, BRG body hit plus fire=harder kill/no kill.

Pooky
January 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I forget if I mentioned this before, but a shotgun blast to the face at point blank range kills your shield and about 15% health. That needs to be fixed.

Edward Elrich
January 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Not necessarily. It's still weaker than the H2 shotgun. One shot at point-blank range (with normal shields) =death. In interest of lag, however, maybe you're right.

HDoan
January 10th, 2007, 05:25 PM
well i like the shotgun this way. Think of it this way, it's a intense battle of cmt fragment or grove, 8v8 ctf. You go to there base and all of the sudden someone kills you from long range with a shotty when your at other base making a run away with flag. I dont know about you but i rather servive then have defenders in base armed with 1 hit shotties

Masterz1337
January 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
ack, I probably forgot to change some stuff with it. I made it better. Twice as many projectiels as h1 shotgun, all slightly weaker. Works better over the netcode.

Ghostlysnow
January 10th, 2007, 07:04 PM
well i dont know if anyone has posted this yet but is there any way for the scope on the sniper to display what is looking at (it is just clear instead of curved ness.... not sure but yea..

Kyle
January 10th, 2007, 07:19 PM
'M7' SMG Masters... how many times do I have to tell you ingame...

M7!!1!!! D:<

XD

megaxp
January 11th, 2007, 11:29 AM
add tank in a map (:

AAA
January 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM
This may be a little sudden, but i found out that everyone's lag has been cause by others that get lag up to 200 Ping or higher.

i've observed this for a couple days and this is the conclusion I've seen the past 13 times I've played in it

my ping doesn't go up, but my lag increases. It's kinda complicated, I don't know how far the complication is. but in my mind, it's far. lol

AAA
January 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
well i like the shotgun this way. Think of it this way, it's a intense battle of cmt fragment or grove, 8v8 ctf. You go to there base and all of the sudden someone kills you from long range with a shotty when your at other base making a run away with flag. I dont know about you but i rather servive then have defenders in base armed with 1 hit shotties

The sound on the shotty is too sharp to the ears, I mean, it's fine...but, it's a tiny bit sharp...

Stealth
January 11th, 2007, 04:09 PM
add tank in a map (:
no, not going to happen.

TIA Gangsta
January 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Ok, seriously now.
Get Fragment back in the server in a map cycle.
No matter what you say, you can't deny the total emptyness of the beta server ever since it switched from Fragment to Grove.

Masterz1337
January 11th, 2007, 04:17 PM
theres a new rc of a differn't map being released today.

megaxp
January 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
no, not going to happen.
:( :(
ok

TIA Gangsta
January 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM
theres a new rc of a differn't map being released today.

Different map!?!

YAYZ!

Can't wait, although I'll have to hold my excitement untill after school tomorrow.
It's 10PM over here and I have to go to bed now

Goodnight all! XD

Edward Elrich
January 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
*waiting for the new map to be released...*

Masterz1337
January 11th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Tomarow, last minute complications. :-\ damn spiker.

Edward Elrich
January 11th, 2007, 06:28 PM
*sigh* luckily I have no school tomorrow, so I can play the beta really quickly.

Elite Killa
January 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Unluckily for me I have school tomarrow, so I have to wait until 3:45pm in order to play it. XD

Oh well... at least I get to play it.

I think I said this already, but I want the cool flamethrower sound back from the fragment betas...

~ZMT~Trace
January 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM
noes, a bug!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8820/slbugqf6.png

Stealth
January 12th, 2007, 12:03 AM
That has been pointed out, by a few people.

DaneO'Roo
January 12th, 2007, 04:07 AM
This may be a little sudden, but i found out that everyone's lag has been cause by others that get lag up to 200 Ping or higher.

i've observed this for a couple days and this is the conclusion I've seen the past 13 times I've played in it

my ping doesn't go up, but my lag increases. It's kinda complicated, I don't know how far the complication is. but in my mind, it's far. lol

Not right at all. People with higher pings dont lag the server, im sick of hearing this. For htose of you who believe this, quit making excuses because you cant aim and missed someone, and quit blaming it on people who allready have to cop shit ass lag, concidering there are no servers in their own country.
I play with 300 ping in american servers, and the only person who lags, is me. Other players see me occaisionally warp, and complain about it, but lets get one thing straight. U may see me warp, but i see the entire level warp, and im suddenly placed in a new position on the map, with no clue what happened, and get killed. People can moan "omg lag, lag omg" but you DO have to remember, other things like the server, and the fact that halo has a shit ass netcode contribute. It's not like a person with a far distance from the server infects the server with lag ffs. Blame the real problems.

AAA
January 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Not right at all. People with higher pings dont lag the server, im sick of hearing this. For htose of you who believe this, quit making excuses because you cant aim and missed someone, and quit blaming it on people who allready have to cop shit ass lag, concidering there are no servers in their own country.
I play with 300 ping in american servers, and the only person who lags, is me. Other players see me occaisionally warp, and complain about it, but lets get one thing straight. U may see me warp, but i see the entire level warp, and im suddenly placed in a new position on the map, with no clue what happened, and get killed. People can moan "omg lag, lag omg" but you DO have to remember, other things like the server, and the fact that halo has a shit ass netcode contribute. It's not like a person with a far distance from the server infects the server with lag ffs. Blame the real problems.it's not that i can't aim. I get laggy because people do have a higher ping and they effect me and plenty others, It's the fact that everytime I get outside or I'm inside, I'm missing a whole 30 feet I walked. It's like. not smooth at all! That's what the lag and stuff is causing me! and I'm sure it's caused to others.

TIA Gangsta
January 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Back from school...and it ain't released =(

Masterz, did you post that on the 11th or 12th?

Stealth
January 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Back from school...and it ain't released =(

Masterz, did you post that on the 11th or 12th?
no, You'll have to wait, he found a bug that he dosen't know how to fix, and he is working on it.

Edward Elrich
January 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM
hopefully it'll be up later today, right?

Stealth
January 12th, 2007, 12:23 PM
only if Masterz can get the spiker to stop falling through the map, then he may think about puting it up later today.

Doom
January 12th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Put my name on the billboard for the spika ;p.

-Doom

Edit: and of course its my spiker thats causing the delay =p.

-Doom

Stealth
January 12th, 2007, 03:10 PM
no, I think it is something to do with HEK, or what Masterz did, you didn't do anything wrong, all put the blades don't look sharp.

AAA
January 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
no, You'll have to wait, he found a bug that he dosen't know how to fix, and he is working on it.

Wow, thanks for the info Stealth:)

Elite Killa
January 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM
The flag pole doesn't look that sharp either. It used to be very pointy in the fragment betas, but now it looks like it became the end of a snare drum stick... it needs more pointy-ness.

AAA
January 12th, 2007, 09:31 PM
The flag pole doesn't look that sharp either. It used to be very pointy in the fragment betas, but now it looks like it became the end of a snare drum stick... it needs more pointy-ness.

SEEE!!! HE AGREES WITH ME!!!

Pooky
January 13th, 2007, 06:07 PM
The flag needs an impaling FP melee. It always did. Just imagine how cool it would be to stab someone against the wall with the flag. Of course you couldn't do that in Halo 1, but you could still stab people, which would own.

AAA
January 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
The flag needs an impaling FP melee. It always did. Just imagine how cool it would be to stab someone against the wall with the flag. Of course you couldn't do that in Halo 1, but you could still stab people, which would own.

I love you...r idea.

make the melee where you stab the person!!! it's straight forward, effective and it looks like you kick the shit outta him!!!! W00t

Narida
January 14th, 2007, 06:27 AM
How exactly do you mean that? Stabbing someone with a blunt 2m pole seems a bit unpractical... I think the swipe at the mom is fitting and anyway it would have a wider spread...

TIA Gangsta
January 14th, 2007, 07:15 AM
The bug from Fragment is back with Grove.

The empty clip reload sound for the Needler is a bit off with the animations.
Also, when you go over a Spiker, the Spiker symbol/picture is too small compared to the other weapons. It's also blurry, probably because it was designed big, therefore when made smaller it was blurred.

Also, when the BR's grenade launcher is reloading, if you press the reload button to reload the BR's bullets it reloads the bullets as normal and totally skips the BR grenade reload animations, but still gives you a ready grenade launcher.
It also works the other way round.
Reload the BR's bullet clip/magasin, then while the animations are going fire the grenade launcher and it totally skips the animations and goes to the grenade launcher reload animations. AND, if you skipped the BR magasin reload BEFORE the animations showed the new magasin clip going in, then you'll still have to reload to get a full clip. SO, while the grenade launcher animations are going, after skipping the magasin reload before the animation of the new clip going in, you can press R again and it'll skip the nade launcher animations, still giving you a ready nade launcher and go to the magasin reload animations.

It's a bit like the BXR in Halo 2 where if you press the buttons in the right order and time, it'll shoot, then melee but skip the melee animations but still do the damage, then go straight to shooting again, skipping all animations, thus saving alot of time. It's a bug that some consider cheating, but whatever lets not go into that.

Basically it's like the BXR bug in Halo 2, except it's reloading nade launcher and magasin clip this time.

Pooky
January 15th, 2007, 02:07 AM
How exactly do you mean that? Stabbing someone with a blunt 2m pole seems a bit unpractical... I think the swipe at the mom is fitting and anyway it would have a wider spread...

Make it a sharp ended pole, like it is in Halo 1 in third person. Wouldn't take too long