PDA

View Full Version : No Co-Op for CoD4

Skiiran
September 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
If you look in the CoD4 beta FAQ (http://charlieoscardelta.com/beta.php?tab=mo), you'll see that it will not ship with Co-Op.

This, to me, seems like a massive oversight, and while it might not affect whether or not I buy it, this just seems like something that should be standard in FPS games by now. Discuss.

Con
September 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, coop is a big feature. They probably ran out of time.

Mr Buckshot
September 21st, 2007, 10:19 PM
Co-op mode would use up more resources than normal multiplayer since all those scripted events and AI scripts have to transmitted as well. Probably had no time to find a way to optimize co-op for online, but it doesn't matter.

Anyway co-op is good, but not ALL FPS games should include it. I mean, Half-Life 2's plot and player perspective make it more suited for one player than for two. Splinter Cell has the same characteristic, and that is why its co-op mode follows a separate series of mission that only ties in to the storyline.

No co-op won't keep me from buying CoD4 though, no worries.

Skiiran
September 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Co-op mode would use up more resources than normal multiplayer since all those scripted events and AI scripts have to transmitted as well. Probably had no time to find a way to optimize co-op for online, but it doesn't matter.

Anyway co-op is good, but not ALL FPS games should include it. I mean, Half-Life 2's plot and player perspective make it more suited for one player than for two. Splinter Cell has the same characteristic, and that is why its co-op mode follows a separate series of mission that only ties in to the storyline.

No co-op won't keep me from buying CoD4 though, no worries.
Right, but Co-Op in CoD4 wouldn't need a sophisticated story tie-in

Sarge: Soldier, this is private first class LOLPWNER.
Soldier: Well, okay. Let's go invade a city!

But I understand a lack of time to optimize it.