PDA

View Full Version : Editing Halo CE singleplayer

Revan/Seth
September 24th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I have been asking this question in Halo2files forums but i need more help....

I want to edit a Halo custom edition sp map i want to change MasterChief to a cooler armor so i have Halo editing kit:

i have been told first i need to extract the map (for example A10.map) with Hek+ then edit the things i want then try to rebuild the .map with a
"cmd.exe" command prompt but i get an error and i tried everything but nothing... is the code tool.exe build-cache-file levels\a10\a10 right?

what i did is changed on the tags file the model of the masterchief, bitmaps and other stuff....

i need a tutorial!!! how to change the masterchief on the sp levels!!
i think CMT team will help me better in this problem :fail:

Con
September 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
SIGNATURE GUIDELINES

1 image 620x150 px max per sig with 2 lines of text, or no image with 5 lines of text.
Max image file size for the sig is 150KB.
No sound sigs which play by default.Here's the site rules. Read them:

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/announcement.php?f=2

Revan/Seth
September 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM
4get about the signiture please i need help =(

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/RevanMac/untitled-3.jpg

that's the error i get

Gamerkd16
September 24th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Heh, tool is fun when you piss it off.

Did you change any of the models or was it just bitmaps?

Revan/Seth
September 24th, 2007, 10:48 PM
i didn't i just edited the gobals tag

MNC
September 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Harhar, "CMT will probably know better".

Did you extract the scenario recursively? You need all the original files to recompile the a10 map.

Revan/Seth
September 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM
yes i have them and i can't still build the map

Revan/Seth
September 25th, 2007, 03:58 PM
i will extract everysingle map of the halo campaign to see if that's the problem

Tweek
September 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM
also, doubleposting is something that people will rape you for.

is that it? do you want to get raped?

Revan/Seth
September 25th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Hell no!

I'm looking for answers *loads gun* and you will give 'em to me!

MNC
September 25th, 2007, 04:23 PM
With that kind of imagination? Good luck.

Anyway, is your PC fast enough to build a map? I've got one crappy pc, and it gave me alot of memory reading errors in the past.

CodeBrain
September 25th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Meh, most of these people have already answered it for you, but they havent said one thing that rules them all out...

EXCEPTION_VIOLATION_ACCESS

means that you do not have access to either run that program and or action. Are you a administrator on your computer? If your not, you must have either permission (if you have Halo CE in your local hard drive [usually C:\], then it has certain problems with changing things.). To counter that, I saved HCE in my external hard drive, I have no problems.

Another way to fix it, whoever is a administrator, must make you a admin, otherwise you will not be able to run it.

Now what I am saying might not apply to all of us, those were the problems for me, and thats how I fixed them.

Revan/Seth
September 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
i am an admin on my pc
i have modded some multiplayer maps already but my problem is campaign

teh lag
September 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I've never had a memory-related error window popup with a tool error... mind posting your system specs? It could just be overloading your pc. If not, you probably are one of those unfortunate people with tagsets that make tool go boom - I can compile every SP map but a10.

Kybo_Ren
September 25th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Meh, most of these people have already answered it for you, but they havent said one thing that rules them all out...

EXCEPTION_VIOLATION_ACCESS

means that you do not have access to either run that program and or action. Are you a administrator on your computer? If your not, you must have either permission (if you have Halo CE in your local hard drive [usually C:\], then it has certain problems with changing things.). To counter that, I saved HCE in my external hard drive, I have no problems.

Another way to fix it, whoever is a administrator, must make you a admin, otherwise you will not be able to run it.

Now what I am saying might not apply to all of us, those were the problems for me, and thats how I fixed them.
No, it means that the program tried to access memory to which it doesn't have access. This is generally a user-mode vs. kernel-mode error.

It means that something went seriously wrong.

p0lar_bear
September 25th, 2007, 09:18 PM
No, it means that the program tried to access memory to which it doesn't have access. This is generally a user-mode vs. kernel-mode error.

It means that something went seriously wrong.

You know, I always thought it was something like that, but I could never put it into words. :downs:

---

As for the map not compiling, it looks like your collision geometry is fucked sideways for nearly every model you have, based on what I can see in the top of the window. Wierd.

Try this: Uninstall the HEK, and then delete your tags folder. Then, rip all of the Halo PC maps (make sure they're not modded, first) by recursively extracting both the scenario tag and the globals tag with the HEKPlus. Then, install the HEK over it.

I did this a while ago, and I have an error-free tagset, save for probably a couple sound issues and a couple lost bitmap alpha channels.

MNC
September 26th, 2007, 11:24 AM
He probably "modded" the vehicles to have different models, but didn't change the collision geometry. Had it before myself.

Revan/Seth
September 26th, 2007, 09:10 PM
but i didn't modded any vehicles, that's the problem i just modded globals.globals tag the player information... i changed masterchief to link =D

Masterz1337
September 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Your tool error is a result of an old tag extractor. Rip all the SP tags to the your tags folder, and then slowly add in all the new content.

Revan/Seth
September 28th, 2007, 02:51 PM
hey i tried it i extracted the whole d40 map and i used guerrilla and edited the character, i saved it and tried to rebuild the map, same error: this is exactly what i did i opened Halo editing kit plus
then extracted all the stuff on the d40 map and then i only changed the globals.globals to be the d40 one and then i opened guerrilla and swapped the cyborg tag to the link one....
something must be going wrong

another question:
when i'm on Sapien how do i move the camera? in the Tutorial says hold down the middle mouse button i guess its the scroll, i hold it down and try to move the camera with w, s, d ,a and r or f but nothing happens?

MNC
September 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Be sure to click on the Game Window first, than press and hold the middle mouse button while using WASD.

Con
September 28th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Also, make sure under your mouse driver's, the middle mouse button actually is set as middle mouse button.

Revan/Seth
September 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
wt* is wasd? or is the keys w, a, s and d?

MNC
September 29th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Yes, with WASD I meant the W, the A, the S and the D keys on your keyboard.

Revan/Seth
September 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM
ok thanks but i still got the sp problem
i can't even get it to open on sapien

Revan/Seth
September 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Your tool error is a result of an old tag extractor. Rip all the SP tags to the your tags folder, and then slowly add in all the new content.

is there any new tag extractor? i'll need it for now i will continue trying with
hek+

Zeph
September 30th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Get a new tagset then extract the tags recursively again, but dont have them overwrite existing ones.

Revan/Seth
October 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM
new tagset?

MNC
October 2nd, 2007, 01:30 AM
Odd, this is all I can find.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1400

There used to be a large 300MB Tagset, when we first got our SP tags.

Revan/Seth
October 2nd, 2007, 09:13 PM
maybe it will work, idk..... i will dl it later to see...