PDA

View Full Version : Won't let me install new USB devices?

OmegaDragon
October 9th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I recently purchased a new mouse for my computer and when I tried to install it, it said it cannot find the necessary hardware. So I thought maybe I needed to get the drivers. I went to their site, and got the latest drivers for the mouse, and restarted my computer. After it rebooted, I replugged my mouse to find out that it still won't let me install. I decided to return the mouse and get another thinking that the mouse was not working at all. This time, I decided to go with logitech mouse because of their faithfulness to me in the past. Now, when I try to install it, it gives me the same shit. :gonk: Got the latest drivers for it and everything and still nothing :(

Anyone has an idea of what the problem is?

Syuusuke
October 9th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Well, when you install drivers, don't you usually need the mouse plugged in to install?

Try to install with regular generic drivers? (I don't know which ones that might be)

Mr Buckshot
October 9th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Does this apply to other USB devices, including flash drives? I had a similar problem with my laptop (it recognized my mouse, but the mouse kept locking up, and storage devices didn't work). For me, the problem was that the USB ports were not receiving enough power, so I flashed the BIOS to solve it.

If the problem extends to other USB devices, do a BIOS flash like I did before.

OmegaDragon
October 10th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Does this apply to other USB devices, including flash drives? I had a similar problem with my laptop (it recognized my mouse, but the mouse kept locking up, and storage devices didn't work). For me, the problem was that the USB ports were not receiving enough power, so I flashed the BIOS to solve it.

If the problem extends to other USB devices, do a BIOS flash like I did before.

It worked! Thanks.