PDA

View Full Version : Click to safely remove... Drive(C:) !?

ExAm
October 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM
So I just installed my new hard drive, and used the Seagate DiscWizard to clone my old drive onto it. Now, whenever I boot up my machine on either drive, the "safely remove hardware" icon comes up. It says, "Click to safely remove ST3320620NS - Drive(C: )".
Drive C is my main hard drive. What the hell? Help me fix it, please, before I accidentally click it someday :gonk:

Kalub
October 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Odd, mine did this onetime when I plugged in a flash drive. I dont know if this helps... at all... but here is a topic I started at GBX.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=53463

alby
October 11th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Mine lets me remove my raid drives, which are the drives windows is on. Not much of a problem for me because I read before I click things.

ExAm
October 11th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Probably the same situation as you, Alby. Mine's plugged into SATA 1 on my motherboard, and there are sockets for 3 more drives there.

I also have a phantom floppy drive. I call it TheGhost :3

I also have a second image of my DVD drive, which is strange.

Timo
October 11th, 2007, 10:30 PM
It shouldn't allow you to remove it. Happens to me too, I believe if you have a slaved hard-drive (SATA only, I think), it will allow you to remove it while the computer is still on.

ExAm
October 11th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I don't think it's on slave. By the way, how do you make a SATA drive slave or master? There's no way to select it by cable, and the only jumper on the thing is for disk speed.

jahrain
October 12th, 2007, 04:04 AM
lol, don't worry. If you accidently click it, it will say "The volume "C:" cannot be safely removed" because your running your OS on it. :p

Timo
October 12th, 2007, 04:47 AM
I don't think it's on slave.

What I meant was that if you had a slave SATA drive, you would be able to remove it while the computer was still running, through the safely remove hardware tool.