PDA

View Full Version : So I got this Tv-Tuner card..

Chronos
October 13th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I actually needed to buy one so I could play on my Xbox 360 and use TeamSpeak at the same time.. So today I finally got a chance to spend €129 on a TV-tuner card, just to find out that it doesn't work properly..

TV-Tuner card model:
AVerTV MCE 116 Plus

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5779/avertv2007101401495864sl0.jpg

This is the problem I'm having.. Looks familiar doesn't it? -Refresh rates.
So I increased the refresh rate of my monitor to 60Hz, through my Nvidia control panel, but it didn't change anything.

If I change my Xbox settings to 50Hz, the screen will look like it's supposed to, but then ofcourse I can't play any of my 60Hz only games.

So.. I honestly don't know what to do with this problem.. Could anyone of you guys help me out please?

Thanks.

jcap
October 13th, 2007, 07:30 PM
You can't play games in high definition if your capture card doesn't support it, if that's what you're doing.

Zeph
October 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
what input are you using?

Mr Buckshot
October 13th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Wait, are you trying to use the TV program on your PC to display the X360 image? I don't think it works very well - you either use the entire monitor or switch back to a TV.

Chronos
October 14th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Wait, are you trying to use the TV program on your PC to display the X360 image? I don't think it works very well - you either use the entire monitor or switch back to a TV.
Well.. Yes! On the back of the box it said it supports gaming consoles as well, plus I've used my dad's TV-tuner card with my 360 and that seemed to work just fine.

what input are you using?
I'm using the composite input.

Mr Buckshot
October 14th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I had the same problem a few years back when I tried to use my Xbox 1 on my mom's VAIO W series (it had the A/V jacks) and display the image through Giga Pocket (Sony's TV program for Windows).

Hmm, you're using the composite input. Maybe the X360 doesn't recognize the program as a separate TV and is trying to fill up the whole computer screen? I'm not sure since I haven't tried this yet.

Oh wait, I just saw your refresh rate thingy. You see, TVs have a different refresh rate from monitors. If you set up your monitor so that it's used only to display the X360 image, then the refresh rate will change itself until it's set back to PC mode.

Chronos
October 14th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Well.. I was able to pinpoint my problem, I still can't fix it though.

Seems my card needs to work with PAL60. It isn't enabled in my drivers and I can't enable it in some kind of options menu. Then I found this (http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/) after installing those drivers, I was able to play Halo 3 without the flickering, but the colors on my screen got screwed up. After closing and opening DScaler (http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/) everything just changed back to the way it was before.

So I need to get my card working with PAL60, I don't know how though.. Any thoughts?

Zeph
October 14th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I had the same problem a few years back when I tried to use my Xbox 1 on my mom's VAIO W series (it had the A/V jacks) and display the image through Giga Pocket (Sony's TV program for Windows).

Hmm, you're using the composite input. Maybe the X360 doesn't recognize the program as a separate TV and is trying to fill up the whole computer screen? I'm not sure since I haven't tried this yet.

Oh wait, I just saw your refresh rate thingy. You see, TVs have a different refresh rate from monitors. If you set up your monitor so that it's used only to display the X360 image, then the refresh rate will change itself until it's set back to PC mode.
You payed way too much for that. But with the composite, you'll pretty much only get 480p and a refresh rate of 30. Setting your 360 to output a signal to a non-HD tv would get it working right.