PDA

View Full Version : Random Object I made..

Anton
November 4th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Well, I modeled this the other night, and I decided to show tweek for some crtic -ness. He showed me some Errors I had made, and a few things I could do to optimize it. I fixed most of what he said, and optimized it somewhat, there are about 4 errors still (the doorway is inset into the wall somewhat (in the pic)) but other than that it's error free and the mesh is clean. So critic away and help me improve. Thanks.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6295/objectnw0.jpg (http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6295/objectnw0.jpg)

[Shot Tags Wouldn't work on this one:]
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4594/object2uk3.jpg

legionaire45
November 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
What is it's function exactly?

QTip05
November 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Is looks pretty sweet. It looks like a cov. structure of some kind. Good job tho!

DaneO'Roo
November 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM
a covie structure?

Please, check your eyes, because they seem to have been stabbed recently.

Con
November 4th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I can't really give any advice until I know what it's supposed to be and what race's architecture you're using. It's impossible to crit something that's just random because there's nothing to compare it to.

SMASH
November 4th, 2007, 09:07 PM
With a little work on the tall upper 3 quarters, you can make it look pretty forerunnerish.

ICEE
November 4th, 2007, 09:12 PM
well i can definitely say that it is an object. maybe

Anton
November 4th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Maybe ;), but I' guess I could go forerunner with it. :o

TPE
November 4th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Door ways don't feel right. Maybe cause their circular.

Con
November 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Get rid of those things in the bottom of the doorway, and fix the ones on top so that their corner the main doorway corner aren't joined.

Vicky
November 5th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I think i squashed something like that this morning...

Reaper Man
November 5th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Ffs, don't use [shot] tags when your image is smaller than 800x600.

Anton
November 5th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Ah, ok! :] Didn't know that, sorry.

X3RO SHIF7
November 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM
why does it have to be covie or forerunner? cant it just be unique

LlamaMaster
November 8th, 2007, 02:35 PM
why does it have to be covie or forerunner? cant it just be unique
YES. Everybody seems to be stuck in a mindset that anything in Halo has to fit into the Halo universe. It's poisoned my mind for a while, and I'm trying to get out of it. (theres nothing wrong with that style though)

Onto the model, I like it, it's different-like. The top seems a bit plain compared to the rest though.

Pooky
November 8th, 2007, 03:43 PM
YES. Everybody seems to be stuck in a mindset that anything in Halo has to fit into the Halo universe. It's poisoned my mind for a while, and I'm trying to get out of it. (theres nothing wrong with that style though)

Onto the model, I like it, it's different-like. The top seems a bit plain compared to the rest though.

oh hey I wonder who made several posts here bitching about that I never get credit for my own ideas ._.

LlamaMaster
November 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
oh hey I wonder who made several posts here bitching about that I never get credit for my own ideas ._.
The difference is you don't actually make anything, so any ideas coming from make people think: "if you don't like it why don't you do something different yourself?" Well, thats what I thought anyway....

Ki11a_FTW
November 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
The top of the structure, gives me the feeling of forruner, then the halls and some other things toward the bottom remind me of the maw