PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War brings Live to XP is HALO 2 live working on XP now?

tweak
November 7th, 2007, 04:01 AM
let me start off by saying I installed GoW (Gears of War) on my pc today which is supposedly the first game for windows XP to have the "games for windows live" service built in it.

it was my understanding that microsfts main reason for preventing Halo 2 from being on xp was that this service could only work on Vista (yeah right cough cough)

anyways so we all know that Razor1911 cracked Halo 2 for XP along time ago and that you couldn't play online because there was no way to crack the "games for windows live" part of it. people would get the "an update is available for your game from live" and " Halo 2 Patch - Command line option syntax error.Type Command/? for help "

well it seems that after installing GoW it updated the "games for windows live" part of halo 2 on my comp. and I can now log into the "LIVE" service and see my messeges and friends. but the "LIVE" option (below campaign) is still grayed out. so i cant actually search for games.

My main suspicion for the multiplayer section being grayed out is that the games was not actually activated. It is my understanding Online CD-Key Activation is a requirement on vista before online play section is activated as well as having a live account( the live account actually being functional now). I think the Razor 1911 method I used to get the game to work on XP was designed for people who downloaded the game and never actually had an activatably legit copy. so the activation process was curcimvented, thus screwing over any dream of online play.

Anyway's the whole point of this post was to see what u guys think about the whole thing, because i think we are very close to having Halo 2 being fully functional on windows XP.

so basically does anyone know how to actually activate the product in XP when you have a valid CD KEY.

- Tweak

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 7th, 2007, 07:23 AM
use the bypass

supersniper
November 7th, 2007, 02:20 PM
What's the bypass??

Tweek
November 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
you trying to stoler my name >:U

SnaFuBAR
November 7th, 2007, 03:07 PM
you trying to stoler my name >:U
agreed, name stoleing faygot.

Tweek
November 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM
damn stolers. goin around stoleing stuff

tweak
November 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
well I've been using the Nick Tweak for about 8yrs now so good for u. how about we stay on topic.

the bypass, bypasses the need to activate which is usless because unlesss you activate u cant play online.

Tweek
November 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
hey tweek look at my join date then look at urs then STFU, and stay on topic please. :withstupid:

look at mine, then look at urs then STFU, and stay on bandwagon please:withstupid:
guess you missed the 2006-bit there eh.

edit: lols @ ur edit.
quotes ftw

maor edit:

well I've been using the Nick Tweak for about 8yrs now.
don't turn this into a "my cocks bigger than yours" arguement.
all i did was notice you have almost the same nick as i have, and constructed a witty post about it.
you blew it up in your own face, not me.

SnaFuBAR
November 7th, 2007, 03:59 PM
nice edit fagtron.

Syuusuke
November 7th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Hey hey, let's leave our fagtron alone for now.
---
What the hell? When did GoW come out for PC?

supersniper
November 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Wow you just spazzed out because he had an almost same name. It could've been a coincidence. Just let him be your acting like CMT vs. fanboys.

On Topic:
I personally think that Halo 2 was just a test for the LIVE service and see how it turns out. And apparently it turned out that people still want to use XP so they made LIVE XP compatible for Gears of War. Maybe in the future they will make it for the xp because I remember someone saying that it was stupid to make a game for a OS that is about to become obsolete but Gears of War just came out??

Syuusuke
November 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Apparently it hit shelves on Nov. 6th.