PDA

View Full Version : Singleplayer Lag and Multiplayer

UchihaCrow
November 7th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I installed 1GB of ram with 512mb and everything loads fast and i no longer have that online error.But i get lag when i play single player and multiplayer i just dont know what it is please help me.;):cool::D

johnnyblaz20
November 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
The minimum required ram to play is 2gigs. I recommend 4. What do you have for a cpu and graphics card?

EDIT: I'm sorry the minimum required ram is 1gb. Above was basicly my opinion.

TPE
November 7th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Back when I used to have 1 GB of ram I used to get very shuddery frame rates and lag. Then I got 1.5 GB and it got rid of 1/2 of the lag problem.

The game takes more than 1 GB of ram to run functionally

Zeph
November 7th, 2007, 09:34 PM
The minimum required ram to play is 2gigs. I recommend 4. What do you have for a cpu and graphics card?
No. Have you even thought of looking at the list of requirements?

I installed 1GB of ram with 512mb and everything loads fast and i no longer have that online error.But i get lag when i play single player and multiplayer i just dont know what it is please help me.;):cool::D

I dont understand you. Do you have 1GB or 512MB of RAM now?

DJ24966
November 7th, 2007, 11:26 PM
No. Have you even thought of looking at the list of requirements?

I dont understand you. Do you have 1GB or 512MB of RAM now?

I think he means he already had 512MB and added an extra Gig, equaling 1.5Gigs of RAM.

johnnyblaz20
November 8th, 2007, 04:28 AM
What is your computer's score?
And what's your lowest sub score?
control panel/performance information and tools, than hit update.

Your problem might not be your ram. I had 1gb in my old computer and i could play with no lag at low/medium settings.

Caboose O'Malley
November 8th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Check the sticky.

DJ24966
November 8th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, the RAM is not the problem. My friend has a Pentium 4 3.4Ghz processor, 768MB of RAM, and a 6800 and runs at the highest settings possible lag free. Highest resolution for his monitor as well, which is a 22" LCD.

Zeph
November 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I think he means he already had 512MB and added an extra Gig, equaling 1.5Gigs of RAM.

If that's the case, then his RAM is not running in dual channel mode and is going to be slower than optimal.

johnnyblaz20
November 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
It isn't running dual channel therefore the ram is not running optimal, but he still has 1.5gb. I think he should just save up and buy another identical chip of ram. Than he can rule out ram being the problem.

What is your computer"s score? And the lowest sub-score? Just wondering.

Would 2 - 1gb sticks running dual channel run faster than 1 - 2gb stick?

DJ24966
November 8th, 2007, 07:31 PM
It isn't running dual channel therefore the ram is not running optimal, but he still has 1.5gb. I think he should just save up and buy another identical chip of ram. Than he can rule out ram being the problem.

What is your computer"s score? And the lowest sub-score? Just wondering.

Would 2 - 1gb sticks running dual channel run faster than 1 - 2gb stick?
I think it would depend on the Speed of Each stick. Not positive though.

Vicky
November 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I think that would also depend on your mobo, my previous one didn't support dual channel so it wouldn't matter much altough they should have the same latency/timings for optimal performance.
The one i have now does support it so i got 2 1Gb Corsair XMS sticks... runs smooth.

johnnyblaz20
November 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Since i built my first decent computer i dont think i ever had a computer that didnt run dual channel ram. Thats why i was wondering.

As for the problem. I really dont know if the ram is the problem without knowing the specs on the entire computer. A computer only runs as fast as the slowest part on it. I could have a killer computer with even a crappy PS or Graphics card and for gaming ti would suck.

What do you have for a processor, Graphics card - & interface, Power supply, mobo series, HD - including the interface.