PDA

View Full Version : Need programming help yo.

PlasbianX
November 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Basically i what i wanna do is this...

I wanna have an application that will sniff a specific packet and pull the data out of it. From there, i want it to read that data and display it not only on the program's UI, but also upload it to a server. Is this possible?

So basically.. i start up game... app sniffs the packets, displays my level, my base stats, my equips, etc (doing this for l2) and sends it to a database.

Later on i wanna code a sig that will pull this data into it, sorta like what Veegie did on GBX.

But again, is it possible to code an app like that? And how hard is it?

Kornman00
November 11th, 2007, 10:14 PM
First you would have to figure out how you would filter the packets and get the data you needed (basically figure out packet structure and the message structures in those packets). If its encrypted, you would have to figure out how to decrypt it.

Then you would have to learn a programming language and framework that supports network interfacing and a GUI programming. IE C++ or *.NET.

Then you would have to learn how to write the code that taps into the game's port, filter the packets then write the code to make the GUI and display what you want.

Then to upload to a server you would first have to write code that can be ran on the server or site to wait for incoming data that it will take and post to something. To upload the actual data would take some of that networking knowledge learned from sniffing the game's ass packets.

I'm assuming Veegie is using Anthony's signature generator for Halo 3 stats, and I'm not too sure how he generates the actual image, but hes been working for a while on that and its come a long way and is looking awesome. You don't just make something like that (or the packet sniffer) overnight. He has to read from the bungie.net servers to get the player stats.

Its all possible, but you need patience because you have to learn how to not only program but reverse engineering.

Patrickssj6
November 12th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I might add that the packages are all encrypted to the extend of my knowledge.

PlasbianX
November 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Well then is it possible to use a cheatengine like method and pull that data directly from my client into something a program can read?

Patrickssj6
November 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
A little bit more in depth?

PlasbianX
November 12th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Like, i know using cheatengine i can find the values for the items i wanna display on my sig. Is it possible to code something that can pull that data from those IDs out, send it to my server, and then i can show that data in a sig.

Patrickssj6
November 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM
You need to read the process memory. I can help you with that ...but it really depends what language you choose. I would go with C#/VB.NET in this case since this is an easy application to make and it shouldn't be to hard to upload things onto a server with the .NET framework.

For the signature you would need a language like PHP. The server takes the uploaded data and converts it into a signature.