PDA

View Full Version : Razer Diamondback mouse keeps turning off...

Syuusuke
November 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
So it's been 2 years since I got this sexy gaming mouse and now I've been experiencing one major problem. It's starting to just randomly turn off for a few seconds (up to 10 seconds, I'd guess) and then it's working again.

Why does it do this randomly? and more importantly, how can I stop it?

Is it time for a new mouse? NO!

Yes, I have reinstalled the driver (to it's latest and greatest version, v6.02) and yes I do have Windows Vista (though I don't think that matters).

Thank you for any future help.

Snowy
November 24th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Could be a USB port not giving the mouse suffecient power... try it in a different USB port.. if that doesn't work I'd RMA it if it's still under warrenty.

Syuusuke
November 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Tried that...and after 2 years of having this, I don't think I can still RMA this one =(

Dr Nick
November 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Well it could be a hardware issue, I mean wires do get damaged after 2 years. If it were me, I'd just throw it out, maybe save some parts, and then get a new one.

Mr Buckshot
November 24th, 2007, 10:20 PM
If this happens with other USB devices, not just the mouse, your USB ports don't have enough power - in that case, flash the BIOS (although this usually happens in laptops more often than it does in desktops).

Zeph
November 24th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Time to buy another.

DrunkenSamus
November 24th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Looks like you're going to have to go to Fry's. Or Best Buy. Whatever floats your boat.

legionaire45
November 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Or buy it online and not get screwed over :D.

Syuusuke
November 25th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I could.

One question:

After I append the "Enhance Mouse Precision" box in Mouse properties (from Control Panel...). I look back to check it again (after I close it) it's ok. BUT a few minutes later, I find it UNchecked? What the the hell? I KNOW I pressed Apply, OK, but it just reverts to its unchecked state =/...why?

Pooky
November 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Make sure you're not plugging it into a monitor or keyboard USB port, and if that doesn't fix it just get a new mouse.

Syuusuke
November 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Isn't a USB port open to anything that uses USB, no matter what component it's attached to?

Pooky
November 25th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yes, but monitor and keyboard USB ports might not be providing enough power to your mouse, so try plugging it into a USB port on your case and see if the problem goes away.

Syuusuke
November 25th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Whoa whoa, moniter and keyboard USB ports?

I know keyboards can be attached to USB ports, but Moniters? huh?

Also I always have it attached to the back.

Pooky
November 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Then I have no idea what your problem could be.

Syuusuke
November 26th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Probably twisted or cut wires...

TeeKup
November 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Frayed wires in their rubber insulations are normally the culprits of mouse, keyboard, and console wire problems. My mom has a wireless mouse and nothing has happened to it yet.

Syuusuke
November 26th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Ok I've been on since 5 PM and the mouse hasn't screwed up on me (Played Halo 2 and CE...) maybe it was the wires.

kenney001
November 27th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Whoa whoa, moniter and keyboard USB ports?

I know keyboards can be attached to USB ports, but Moniters? huh?

Also I always have it attached to the back.

no USB ports on your keyboard or monitor, such as the two on the side of my dell LCD that i use for flash drives.

Atty
November 27th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Maybe it needs cheese.

Syuusuke
November 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I have shredded mozzarella cheese. You think Razer likes mozzarella?\

[/quote]no USB ports on your keyboard or monitor, such as the two on the side of my dell LCD that i use for flash drives.[/quote]

Oh THOSE! I haven't really seen those, but on the Macs in the computer Lab...