PDA

View Full Version : Eve Trinity (Eve Online Thread ver 2.0)

Zeph
December 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.eve-online.com/trinity/index.html

CCP has introduced a massive engine, graphic, and gameplay update. Sorry I cant say more about it, but I've got finals to work on. Download the trailer, look at some screens, and enjoy a 14-day trial. It's a great thing to do over the winter break. I picked up Eve last year around this time and I've been playing since then.

Post your screens of the updated ships if you've got them. I'm still downloading the updates.

Con
December 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Sweet, time to whore a 4th free trial.

edit: all they need now are higher res nebula bitmaps :|

X3RO SHIF7
December 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
no time with WoW :p well and work

Con
December 5th, 2007, 09:30 PM
screw that. This is like WoW, but with spaceships and frickin lazahz!

X3RO SHIF7
December 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM
its too late for me, lol

Archon23
December 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
YAY ANOTHER 14 DAY TRIAL!

God I need to get a new subscription. This is the only MMO I can actually stand playing. :downs:

Zeph
December 5th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Sweet, time to whore a 4th free trial.

edit: all they need now are higher res nebula bitmaps :|

Expect the planets, skies, etc. to be updated later on. Trinity's update focuses on ship, stargate, and station graphics.

Skiiran
December 5th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I have an old 6800GT, what's the chance that this won't die the instant I try it? Please tell me, because this looks fuckawesome.

Also: With Christmas coming up, should I try it in the trial and then consider asking for a subscription?

Archon23
December 5th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Okay no way I could run this, but as I look at it......

How awesome do you think Titans are going to look?

Zeph
December 5th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Actually, capital ships haven't changed much. They might have a bit more polies, but they ultimately look the same. The Avatar looks exactly the same, but is simply shiney now.

http://zeph.h2vista.net/Eve/Trinity%20Ships/Harpy%20in%20Minny%20Refinery.jpg

This is one of my Harpies in a Minmatar Refinery Outpost.

Skiiran
December 5th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Dear God, that is amazing.

I will try out the trial this weekend. Too busy with school on weekdays.

If it is quite exceptional, I dare say you will see me on for some time.

Zeph
December 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Here's two more: The Caldari destroyer, Cormorant, and the Caldari Tier 2 Battleship, Raven:

http://zeph.h2vista.net/Eve/Trinity%20Ships/Cormorant%20in%20Minnie%20Refinery.jpg

http://zeph.h2vista.net/Eve/Trinity%20Ships/Raven%20in%20Minnie%20Refinery.jpg

I'm trying to get on the test server for others, but I'm not getting a ping. Gotta check the login stuff to see if they changed anything.

Bad Waffle
December 6th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Wow, i might have to pick up EVE to satisfy my growing crave for an MMO. I havent been fed since runescape, and that was years ago!

Rob Oplawar
December 6th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Omg WoL, you poor, poor soul.
I need to stay away from Eve, cause if I start playing, that'll be then end of all my free time as I know it.

FireDragon04
December 6th, 2007, 03:12 AM
The update is unbelievably sexy. Everything is just like :eek:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1816/20071206090501uh5.jpg
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/3313/20071206090857bd2.jpg

OmegaDragon
December 6th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Fucking sweet! I wonder how my scorp will look with the new patch.

Also, the Raven and the Covetor/Hulk look awesome. :awesome:
I can't wait until 2008. Ambulation looks like it will be epic.

FireDragon04
December 6th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Yea its just a covetor, lost a Hulk a month back, then me and the corp im in hunted down the bitch that did it, and popped her typhoon... lol. Covetor deals me fine on my mining alt...awww hes over a year old now.

My main char, is outta time at the moment, he flys a Brutix lol. Hopefully a Megathron soon, can't wait to get time on there and check out the how those ships look.

Zeph
December 6th, 2007, 10:20 AM
There has apparently been a problem with using the premium patch. If you're using an OS other than Linux and Vista, upgrade to the premium content through the game before 4am GMT, and update your client, then your boot.ini probably got deleted. Do not restart if you did and visit this thread just in case:
http://www.eve-online.com/news/newsOfEve.asp?newsID=500

CN3089
December 6th, 2007, 12:28 PM
There has apparently been a problem with using the premium patch. If you're using an OS other than Linux and Vista, upgrade to the premium content through the game before 4am GMT, and update your client, then your boot.ini probably got deleted. Do not restart if you did and visit this thread just in case:
http://www.eve-online.com/news/newsOfEve.asp?newsID=500

ahahahaha way to go ccp http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/gf-cripes.gif

Zeph
December 6th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I know. At least we know they're not running XP, lol.

Rob Oplawar
December 6th, 2007, 02:33 PM
So do you mind if I hijack a post or two to ask if Eve has separate servers/universes/whatev and if so, is there a server/universe/whatev that most H2Vers are on?

Pooky
December 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Hey Rob I hang out in this universe called reality, you should try it.

Zeph
December 6th, 2007, 03:50 PM
So do you mind if I hijack a post or two to ask if Eve has separate servers/universes/whatev and if so, is there a server/universe/whatev that most H2Vers are on?

All of Eve is played on one server. There are tons of regions/constelations/solar systems, but you can go to each and every one without changing servers.

Oh, keep an eye on this:
http://zeph.h2vista.net/Eve/Trinity%20Ships
I've been hopping into ships and taking quick screenshots of them. Each one is about 1.5 MB and 1920x1200, so dont try to open them all at once.

Pooky
December 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Way to go after a simple joke instead of the real trolls Zeph :awesome:

Boba
December 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Amazing! I love EVE. :3

Tweek
December 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM
now all it needs is realtime controls with joystick,and ships that are made of more than 50 polygons and i might consider it.

edit: i take that last statement back, SOME of the ships actually look pretty cool.
but still the ships look like a massive jumle of googled concepts thrown together with a "as long as it looks cool" mantra.

i know theres supposed to be like three races and stuff, but i just saw like 10 completely different styles in zephs imagedump.

this is whining. yes.
i dont play this, therefore i must bash it.

OmegaDragon
December 6th, 2007, 05:10 PM
All of Eve is played on one server. There are tons of regions/constelations/solar systems, but you can go to each and every one without changing servers.

Oh, keep an eye on this:
http://zeph.h2vista.net/Eve/Trinity%20Ships
I've been hopping into ships and taking quick screen shots of them. Each one is about 1.5 MB and 1920x1200, so don't try to open them all at once.

Wait I thought that they had like 6 different servers just to run tranquility, or do you mean server as in "There is only one server where everyone is. Without counting the test servers."

Also, Thanks for the link! Since I can't run the new patch until I open my present, I might as well see what they have in-stock ^_^

Edit: I just noticed, some of the ships (Mostly the navy issues) need to be retextured >.>

Rob Oplawar
December 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Dude, this game is sounding better and better. Must... resist...

Skiiran
December 6th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Those ships look amazing, Zeph.

Except for anything Minmatar, I just cannot bring myself to like their ships.

FireDragon04
December 6th, 2007, 06:19 PM
A good chunk of the Minmatar ships are v.nice. I like Gellente the best.

OmegaDragon
December 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM
A good chunk of the Minmatar ships are v.nice. I like Gellente the best.

IAWTP

I love the look on the Myrmidon and out of all the titans, I think that the Gallente titan is the best looking.

Atty
December 6th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I want to start playing.

Zeph
December 6th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Wait I thought that they had like 6 different servers just to run tranquility, or do you mean server as in "There is only one server where everyone is. Without counting the test servers."

Also, Thanks for the link! Since I can't run the new patch until I open my present, I might as well see what they have in-stock ^_^

Edit: I just noticed, some of the ships (Mostly the navy issues) need to be retextured >.>

Tranquility is one server. All the test servers are just what they are. A server that things are tested on. Everyone plays the game on Tranquility and it is one server consisting of one IP address.

now all it needs is realtime controls with joystick,and ships that are made of more than 50 polygons and i might consider it.

edit: i take that last statement back, SOME of the ships actually look pretty cool.
but still the ships look like a massive jumle of googled concepts thrown together with a "as long as it looks cool" mantra.

i know theres supposed to be like three races and stuff, but i just saw like 10 completely different styles in zephs imagedump.

this is whining. yes.
i dont play this, therefore i must bash it.

Good. Race isn't everything in ship design. Various ships come from various corporations with different ideals and principles.

mR_r0b0to
December 7th, 2007, 01:00 AM
i love the new cyan gallente ships ^_^

too bad the update nukes your boot.ini, and weap upgrades 5 finishes in two hours -_-

FireDragon04
December 7th, 2007, 04:09 AM
too bad the update nukes your boot.ini, and weap upgrades 5 finishes in two hours -_-

I swear i got my update (premium) before then and my computer is fine. Maybe i didn't get the problem or i was slightly after the '4' GMT mark.

mR_r0b0to
December 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM
I swear i got my update (premium) before then and my computer is fine. Maybe i didn't get the problem or i was slightly after the '4' GMT mark.
if you're running vista, you're fine, afaik
i'm going to run the classic version until all this stuff has been settled :)

FireDragon04
December 7th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I'm on XP. And my boot.ini is 100% fine...lol.
Although the thing talks about partitions and i only have one.

Zeph
December 7th, 2007, 09:37 AM
if you're running vista, you're fine, afaik
i'm going to run the classic version until all this stuff has been settled :)

It had been settled at 4am GMT right after it came out.

Rob Oplawar
December 7th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Way to go Zeph. You started this thread, and now I have a trial account for Eve. It's not long before I'll be paying $15 per month. I guess I'll have to stop eating in January instead of February.

Zeph
December 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM
What race did you choose and what systems are you around?

OmegaDragon
December 7th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I would like to know where everyone who plays this hangs around. It would be fun to see what they have and what they can do. :)

Personally, I still haven't gotten to lowsec areas to pvp, I only go there if there is something I need to buy that is cheaper than highsec. I'm not ready to go there anyways. I have been told that there are frigates out there that could probably destroy a battleship. Once I have enough skills, then I will probably go in deeper.

Stormwing
December 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Except for anything Minmatar, I just cannot bring myself to like their ships.
You can't possibly be including the Rifter, Hurricane, or Maelstrom in that statement. That would just be preposterous. :eek:

oh and eve is the shit, but my comp can't run premium. /am sad

mR_r0b0to
December 7th, 2007, 06:03 PM
rob what's your char name :D

Rob Oplawar
December 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Robert Oplawar. Thought I'd mix things up by using my real name rather than a nickname. ;D

I'm a noob so I don't understand how everything works, so take it with a grain of salt when I say, do you think we should form a H2V corporation? Can you only belong to one corporation at a time? Anyway, I say this because I only play games like this nowadays so I can hang out with friends online, and with H2V I've got a built in buddy list.

Stormwing
December 7th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm a noob so I don't understand how everything works, so take it with a grain of salt when I say, do you think we should form a H2V corporation? Can you only belong to one corporation at a time?
Only 1 corp at a time.

If you get in a good one (most are tbh) you'll make a bunch of new acquaintances pretty quickly.

Skiiran
December 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
You can't possibly be including the Rifter, Hurricane, or Maelstrom in that statement. That would just be preposterous. :eek:

oh and eve is the shit, but my comp can't run premium. /am sad
Upon reexamination, those three ships are epic.

But I still support Gallente.

(Am download trial now :awesome:)

TeeKup
December 7th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Actually, capital ships haven't changed much. They might have a bit more polies, but they ultimately look the same. The Avatar looks exactly the same, but is simply shiney now.

http://zeph.h2vista.net/Eve/Trinity%20Ships/Harpy%20in%20Minny%20Refinery.jpg

This is one of my Harpies in a Minmatar Refinery Outpost.

SWEET JESUS.

http://zeph.h2vista.net/Eve/Trinity%20Ships/Maelstrom%20in%20FD-%20station.jpg

THAT IS NOT RIGHT. I need eve damnit.

Zeph
December 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Robert Oplawar. Thought I'd mix things up by using my real name rather than a nickname. ;D

I'm a noob so I don't understand how everything works, so take it with a grain of salt when I say, do you think we should form a H2V corporation? Can you only belong to one corporation at a time? Anyway, I say this because I only play games like this nowadays so I can hang out with friends online, and with H2V I've got a built in buddy list.
Hah, there have been two or three times this has been tried with people from GBX and H2V.

edit: For most of you who consider the Minmatar ships ugly, they're something that really grow on you. Minmatar takes really high skills to be effective. Once you get up there, you'll see them as the most beautiful things in the world.

mR_r0b0to
December 8th, 2007, 12:26 AM
oh by the way
join the channel GBE if you want to talk to gearbox/h2v peeps
:D

Skiiran
December 8th, 2007, 01:56 AM
I have entered this game. Character's name is Garrison Charles, and I'm hanging around Crux with low-level stuff hunting pirates.

n00b1n8R
December 8th, 2007, 05:31 AM
holey shit, I want this game O__o

anyone want to sum up the gameplay of this game? can you walk inside the ships/stations? can ships be crewed by multiple people (and walked around in while moving)? what kind of things can people own (I figure you can have your own ships, but can you own space stations or anything else of note)? also, are the planets explorable (and how does the transition between space and planet work?)

FireDragon04
December 8th, 2007, 06:04 AM
It's basically a space fighting MMORPG.
You have skills you train to use better weapons and shits.
You always pilot your ship from a 3rd Person camera.
You cannot walk around stations, but CCP are working on it for a future update.
You cannot go to the planets, Stations/Outposts are in the orbit of different moons and planets.
In 0.0 your corp/alliance and conquer certain areas of space/stations if your powerful enough.
The PVP is amazing, and the PVE and Missions are better then any other MMO i've played.

Look at some Youtube Videos for more of an 'insight' to the game:
Videos such as 'this' (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6EzuaNfYn0s) or Anything here (http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=Eve+online&search=Search)

TeeKup
December 8th, 2007, 09:44 AM
This is a video of the first Titan
-h5UJpO5Mik

The Amarr Titan, Avatar.

A Titan is a capital ship that has the ability to devastate entire fleets from over a few hundred kilometers away. It's the most powerful ship in the game, however it is not without its weakness's.

I myself prefer the Minimtar Titan, Ragnarok, and the Caldari Titan, Leviathan.

Tweek
December 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
its basically WoW. picka target, hit Attack, and wait for it to die.

it's that lame really, can't even use a damn joystick.

there is no pvp, there is only pvpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppp

it also takes about a few MONTHS till youré at the point where you can actually DO anythign AT ALL.

TeeKup
December 8th, 2007, 10:03 AM
The game requires an extreme amount of patience, if you didn't understand tweek's post. It's best to train a bunch of skills for a while. Thing is, the skills keep training even if you log off. Some people set some skills to train while they go off and play a different game.

OmegaDragon
December 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM

Not really. It can get pretty tactical sometimes.

there is no pvp, there is only pvpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppp

If you fight the wrong people, then it is like that, and sometimes, you need more than 5 people (or over 200 people if you fight one of the capital ships) to take down an enemy.

it also takes about a few MONTHS till youré at the point where you can actually DO anythign AT ALL.

Patience is the key to this game. You will notice that there are alot of mature people playing, and on average the player age for eve is around the 30's (according to what I've heard.), this is because most kids that like playing WOW or something other that try to play the game are impatient and do not want to train their skills, then they go into losec and get ganked. Then after dying they whine like 3 year olds and never play again.

PlasbianX
December 8th, 2007, 11:00 AM

1) arent most games usually pvp, pvpppp+ (pvzerg) and zergvszerg anyways? >_>...

2) arent most games setup where you gotta farm and grind a shitload to even be able to pvp? Hell in l2 the pvp is only fun at 3rd class (level 76) and on official 3rd class can take like 170 days to get.

~ZMT~Trace
December 8th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I hate you Zeph.

And does anyone know if the Gearbox Corp is still alive?

How do I mine for Pyros? :saddowns:

Zeph
December 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM

No, it's incredibly deep combat. Different fittings, ships, skills, and tactics all play into the combat. Why do you need to use a joystick? It's not a flight sim.

Eve is much more than picking a target and hitting attack. If you do that in Eve, you die, plain and simple.

OmegaDragon
December 8th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I hate you Zeph.

And does anyone know if the Gearbox Corp is still alive?

How do I mine for Pryos? :saddowns:

Mine scordite and reprocess. You should get some pyrite.
Or do you mean pyroxeres (ore type)?

TeeKup
December 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Mine scordite and reprocess. You should get some pyrite.
Or do you mean pyroxeres (ore type)?

Scordite was always hard to find for me in hisec. It's been a while since I played, the only system that seemed plentiful started with and A; was in Minmitar space. I wish I could remember. I hung around there all the time, met alot of cool people there.

OmegaDragon
December 8th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Scordite was always hard to find for me in hisec. It's been a while since I played, the only system that seemed plentiful started with and A; was in Minmitar space. I wish I could remember. I hung around there all the time, met alot of cool people there.

Well, if you are close, you should go to Muvolailen. The prices for ore are high, buyers want alot of it (orders going up to 18 million of an ore), and there are plenty of asteroid fields to mine in, and there less than 25-30 people constantly. You should be able to find a good asteroid field to mine in without much competition from miners or scammers. The only thing i didn't like is that there are alot of annoying useless cans and it was a pain to find a spot to anchor them. If it weren't for concord, we would have probably blown up some of the old cans.

Zeph
December 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Just got done with a really nice hauler spawn. Picked up 25 mil tritanium, 8.75 mil pyerite, 2.75 mil mexallon, and .75 mil isogen.

~ZMT~Trace
December 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Never mind, I fixed it.

Zeph
December 8th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Stupid shitbox, it doesn't support the premium update. <:mad:>

:goes plays HL2:ep2 instead:
O_o
doesn't make sense. system specs plz?

mR_r0b0to
December 8th, 2007, 06:36 PM
zeph, i had a dg spawn in tde
it sucked

Zeph
December 8th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Weekend ratting sucks. Too many idiots killing frigates and cruisers. Whenever I build up my wallet after losing over 500 mil worth of stuff, I'm going to strictly PVP on the weekends and PVE during the week.

Here's a really good video showing off some capital ships. Feature's one of my favorite songs: Hold Your Colour by Pendulum.
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/loxy/capitalcolours.wmv

Phobias
December 8th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I can't wait until I get my new computer in a few weeks, this looks awesome.

TeeKup
December 8th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Weekend ratting sucks. Too many idiots killing frigates and cruisers. Whenever I build up my wallet after losing over 500 mil worth of stuff, I'm going to strictly PVP on the weekends and PVE during the week.

Here's a really good video showing off some capital ships. Feature's one of my favorite songs: Hold Your Colour by Pendulum.
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/loxy/capitalcolours.wmv

That video was beautiful.

Skiiran
December 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Whippy and I went to see the EVE Gate last night.

TeeKup
December 9th, 2007, 12:44 PM
The EvE Gate? What is that?

OmegaDragon
December 9th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Thats the original gate that the humans used to populate that galaxy. I Tried to go see the gate, but I never saw anything where I think it was. I think I went to where the wormhole was, because supposedly the wormhole collapsed and destroyed everything in that system, and there was absolutely nothing in that system, other than 2 or 3 planets.

Or was the wormhole and the eve gate the same thing? :x

mR_r0b0to
December 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
:D
7 days for spaceship command 5
30 days for gallente cruiser 5
hello a month from ishtar :)

i tried to go to the gate once, i got ganked like a few jumps from it :\

OmegaDragon
December 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM
i tried to go to the gate once, i got ganked like a few jumps from it :\

That sucks, I managed to survive in a condor after being attacked with almost no structure left. Luckily, there was a station that took me in and fixed it before the asshole came back.

FireDragon04
December 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Thats why when i travel i use a fast frigate, a mwd and some stabs. tut tut tut! You had one of those the fastish frigate down but....

Was it nice down at EVE Gate? I've never been lol. I hang out on one the far edges of the galaxy.

Skiiran
December 9th, 2007, 07:17 PM
It was nice, yeah. Traveling through Lowsec was like a seat of the pants thing though.

OmegaDragon
December 9th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Thats why when i travel i use a fast frigate, a mwd and some stabs. tut tut tut! You had one of those the fastish frigate down but....

Was it nice down at EVE Gate? I've never been lol. I hang out on one the far edges of the galaxy.

I'm still training for a MW D: I was using a 1mn After burner and the condor was doing almost 1km/s, if it weren't for the afterburner I would have probably died. I would have finished training for a MW by now, but I had other more important things to train.

TeeKup
December 9th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I'm still training for a MW D: I was using a 1mn After burner and the condor was doing almost 1km/s, if it weren't for the afterburner I would have probably died. I would have finished training for a MW by now, but I had other more important things to train.

lol Jayden has a thrasher that can go twice that, I think. He may have gotten rid of it at this point.

OmegaDragon
December 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM
With an afterburner? He probably had AB V, I only have it to II at the moment >.<

Skiiran
December 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Man, someone must tell me if I am doing well with this ship.

1x Catalyst Destroyer - The Eclectic Bowie
2x 150mm rail guns
2x 125mm rail guns
1x 75mm Gatling rail gun
1x 75mm Gatling prototype gauss cannon
1x dual barrel small pulse laser w/ Microwave Crystal
1x dual barrel small beam laser w/Microwave Crystal

TeeKup
December 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
For a starter ship (other than your rookie ship).

That should get you through some missions (key word is SOME) you'll definitely survive Angel raids when in asteroid field.

However, I would replace those gattling rails as soon as possible.

Skiiran
December 9th, 2007, 09:27 PM
For a starter ship (other than your rookie ship).

That should get you through some missions (key word is SOME) you'll definitely survive Angel raids when in asteroid field.

However, I would replace those gattling rails as soon as possible.
Replace them with what? Just more 150mm, or some lasers?

Also, Teek, will you be my EVE friend?

TeeKup
December 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Replace them with what? Just more 150mm, or some lasers?

Also, Teek, will you be my EVE friend?

I will once I get the game back and my new computer.

Gattling rails are starter weaponry, very weak. Try and get some howitzers on there.

Skiiran
December 9th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I will once I get the game back and my new computer.

Gattling rails are starter weaponry, very weak. Try and get some howitzers on there.
High five. Post up your character name when you get it back.

Howitzers, got it. Also, anyone know any good places to find laser frequency crystals near Duripant?

CN3089
December 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Man, someone must tell me if I am doing well with this ship.

1x Catalyst Destroyer - The Eclectic Bowie
2x 150mm rail guns
2x 125mm rail guns
1x 75mm Gatling rail gun
1x 75mm Gatling prototype gauss cannon
1x dual barrel small pulse laser w/ Microwave Crystal
1x dual barrel small beam laser w/Microwave Crystal

why are you using lasers on a catalyst http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

actually, why are you using a catalyst at all http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

Gattling rails are starter weaponry, very weak. Try and get some howitzers on there.(most) Gallente ships have hybrid bonuses, why would he fit howitzers? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

Skiiran
December 9th, 2007, 09:59 PM
why are you using lasers on a catalyst http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

actually, why are you using a catalyst at all http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

(most) Gallente ships have hybrid bonuses, why would he fit howitzers? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif
Because Catalysts are big and shaped like wings and are the only Gallente destroyer I can find shut up.

Also lasers are fun.

mR_r0b0to
December 10th, 2007, 12:58 AM
fit a full rack of 125's
would get you through all lvl 1's

oh, my nanovexor does 2.5km/s
nanoishtar comes in a month.5 ^_^

Skiiran
December 10th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Wow, huh.

Apparently my ship doesn't have enough power to sport 6 rails and 2 hybrids.

So now I have seven and one. Odd number bug me. :saddowns:

FireDragon04
December 10th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I'd get into a Battlecrusier and fit some blasters. I have done this on my Brutix and his tanking isn't too bad either. Getting all the skills good on this new account (2-3months old now) before i change to Brutix to Mermy or a BS.

Skiiran if ur a Gellente you should use Hybrid's.
If your Amarr use Laser.
Minimatar use Gat/Howz
Caldari have sick missle skills...lol.

Good stuff though, but don't fit 'incorrectly' and make sure ur tank and 'stuff' in lower/mid slots are good.

Zeph
December 10th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, huh.

Rails are hybrids. On a catalyst, fit as many 125's on there as you can. If you have CPU issues, buy stronger rails, such as compressed coil guns. If you cant afford them, try to get up as close to scout as you can.

The bonuses are what matters when you go to fit a ship. They're what push you over edge that determines whether you can kill something or not.

>_>

*shows off t2 fitted destroyer*

Cormorant
7 x 125mm Railgun II
1 x 1mn AB II or 1mn MWD II
3 x t2 shield amps (depend on used for ratting or fleet combat)
1 x Overdrive II

Patrickssj6
December 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Freaks.

*Goes play with Rubik's Cube*

~ZMT~Trace
December 10th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Whippy and I went to see the EVE Gate last night.

What about me D:? I was with you for like the first 3 minutes before I had to go to bed >:E

Lets do it again!

CN3089
December 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Wow, huh.

Railguns are hybrids http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-eng101.gif (e:f;b)

Also, make sure you get Engineering and Electronics to at least IV ASAP, and to V whenever you have the time. They give you more CPU/Grid with which to fit modules.

Skiiran
December 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
What about me D:? I was with you for like the first 3 minutes before I had to go to bed >:E

Lets do it again!
We really need to. Let's try and get some of the other guys in here to come too.

Also, yes, I am retarded, I meant blasters. Thanks for catching that, guys.

mR_r0b0to
December 11th, 2007, 01:00 AM
i'll come with you guys this weekend, should be fun.. :D
i'll bring a couple of friends
pewpew any pirates >:D

Zeph
December 11th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Roboto, count me in. We can travel out of TDE/UG- together.

mR_r0b0to
December 11th, 2007, 06:06 PM
:)
are jb's working yet?
can't log in atm :\

Skiiran
December 11th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Whippy, Zeph, Trace, Roboto.

This will be a great weekend. Let's pop some pirates.

Zeph
December 12th, 2007, 12:04 AM
:)
are jb's working yet?
can't log in atm :\

No, it's really gay. Actually, I think the UG- gate works, but that heads towards 87- doesn't it?
They've unbanned POS warfare, but there's a bug that makes it so when you attack a POS, your rate of fire will drop down to zero seconds. If this happens to you and you end up dealing all that damage to a POS, it's considered an exploit and you get banned for it. They really need to ban POS warfare now, because people cant attack POSs to defend their sov now :\. Smash could go down to the deep south and stick a POS at every free moon and there would be nothing BOB could do about it. The same could be said for anyone comming into Smashkill space.

Zeph
December 26th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Bump.

I just started a corp in Kakakela. We'll be running missions/mining/etc. R0b0to and Whiplash have already joined up. Anyone who wants to join needs to come over and drop an application off at my HQ.

OmegaDragon
December 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Hmmmm

*is interested, but is already in clan's corp*

Meh, they barely play EVE anyways, maybe a bit of a break will be good for me.

E: Would be nice if you added station and Corp name :P

Zeph
December 26th, 2007, 11:57 PM
My character's name is "Zeph Solaris". Look at my info and you can find my corp's name and HQ. Be sure you check the HQ tab when applying.

Bastinka
December 27th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Ugh, I got sucked into this again :(

I'm playing it with my best friend zach and we used to play this game after I think either Firedragon or Nic introduced me to it, hah. Repeating trial accounts gets boring after a while though..

FireDragon04
December 27th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Ugh, I got sucked into this again :(

I'm playing it with my best friend zach and we used to play this game after I think either Firedragon or Nic introduced me to it, hah. Repeating trial accounts gets boring after a while though..

So get into it and pay for it. It's the only MMO i think deserves my money!

EVE FTW!

OmegaDragon
December 27th, 2007, 11:32 AM
So get into it and pay for it. It's the only MMO i think deserves my money!

EVE FTW!

Agreed, EVE has to be the only MMO that has pulled me in, not even WoW had this effect on me.

Worth paying for it.

mR_r0b0to
December 28th, 2007, 08:27 AM
\o/
join up in zeph's corp :)