PDA

View Full Version : tutorial request thread.

Tweek
December 7th, 2007, 04:34 AM
okay, so everyone is crying about there being no tutorials on stuff they need, despite searching they say.

even though i know for a fact theres tuts for everything imaginable, ill do this.

if people need a tut on something.
post it here.

post like this:

make a tut on making forerunner stuff.
will be ignored.

tell me in a proper way, wth proper spelling.grammar what you're looking for. tell me what exactly it is you're having trouble with. pics will help you alot.

ill pick a few of the things i deem owrthy of making a tutorial for, and i'll put together a narrated video tutorial for it.

note: i, and i alone choose wich tuts i'll make, if i dicide not to make a tutorial on YOUR problem, cry real hard.

request away.

n00b1n8R
December 7th, 2007, 04:46 AM
How do I post in a tweekish manner?

or do you mean modeling tutorials?

if that's the case, just record yourself modeling that helix canyon remake, and explain indepth everything that your doing for an hour.

Tweek
December 7th, 2007, 04:59 AM
wont work. that's based on ut3, works differently.
and yeah, they're modelling tuts. obviously.

n00b1n8R
December 7th, 2007, 05:25 AM
i mean to see how you model.

people model for more reasons than simply games :downs:

Tweek
December 7th, 2007, 05:29 AM
i cba recording/narrating a process that takes weeks. my harddrive isn't that large.

beele
December 7th, 2007, 07:18 AM
If you have time, a tut about making low poly details and stuff.

with details I mean: The forerunner finishing touch. making plain things more in depth.

Invader Veex
December 7th, 2007, 07:32 AM
wow, shut up.

Pyong Kawaguchi
December 7th, 2007, 08:11 AM
I have a serious request, I left for a while, and I have come back with proper grammar and more maturity.
I would like to learn level design tips, I am building a game called Rapture using an engine called Sauerbraten, I would be extremely thankful for anyone who would be able to teach me level creation tips and to create a level that would be fun, I would need to learn how gameplay layouts are used, and how to create them. Please send me a PM or a AIM/ MSN message if you would like to help me, I would be very thankful.

Ps. I wont be online until alot later, but I'd rather ask for help now, rather than forget about it later today.
-Wolf

beele
December 7th, 2007, 08:14 AM
And I wish to know how to create new AI that work in the original campaign, and how to get them in the vehicles.

Only moddeling tuts :rolleyes:

and yeah, they're modelling tuts. obviously.

thehoodedsmack
December 7th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I'd like some good head modelling tutorials, if possible.

Sel
December 7th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Id luv cliff and terrain modelling tutorials.

Thats where Im really struggling right now, and mass' tut should be out soon enough so that should teach how to make good structures and stuff :D

Mass
December 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Id luv cliff and terrain modelling tutorials.

Thats where Im really struggling right now, and mass' tut should be out soon enough so that should teach how to make good structures and stuff :D
Yeah I'm in cba mode.
If and when I finish I'll post it here though.

Patrickssj6
December 7th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I'd like some good head, if possible.
ftfy

But yeah I would like to see one too, if possible. :)

Tweek
December 7th, 2007, 12:03 PM
im really bad at organics, and i know there's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOADS of tuts on that particular subject.

i'd need to get better at those myself before i went about making a tutorial, and possibly teach people the wrong things. don't want that happening.

Anton
December 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Hello, since this is modeling tutorials, I wonder if you could model a Human Style Bunker/Wall. Similar to High Ground's but different. I'm just looking for the general modeling concept and the finishing touches. Not only would it help lots of people with basic modeling, but it can be expanded on with practice to create really complex models. Thanks for your time Tweek.

-T1x

Scooby Doo
December 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
one thing i would like to see is a tutorial on vehicles. i feel like good vehicle designs are hard to come by, at least ones that make sense in the real world. And i find it hard for myself to find a good approach when modeling such vehicles. also, i'm curious about getting the most details with the lowest polys, whether it be weapons, characters, or vehicles. I mean, i see plenty of nicely modeled/detailed objects that have good rounded off sections and are such low poly. mb this would include smoothing groups as well.

but really, any in-depth approach to vehicles, weapons, or characters and possibly some guidance in smoothing groups would be pretty nice. try to include as many tips as possible...little secrets as well.

~Scoob

Terror(NO)More
December 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Can you possibly make a tutorial on Cliff Modeling? Like how the basic shape and setup should be? Thanks ~Terror~

Choking Victim
December 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
i'm sure underlining and bolding the name will make him really want to make the tutorial. :rolleyes:

LlamaMaster
December 7th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah I'm in cba mode.
If and when I finish I'll post it here though.
Your making a tut? Good for you!

Tutorials? Ummm, what the other two said. I think a terrain/cliff tutorial would be just dandy. I was going to make one myself, but why bother if you might.

Edit:

http://features.cgsociety.org/stories/2007_12/UT3/images/Whisper_Environment.jpg

Since making cliffs for halo is so easy, why not go a step further and create some cliffs like shown there?

Anton
December 7th, 2007, 05:48 PM
You should still make one, that way you get feedback on yours. You can improve that way too! Good luck everyone. Thanks, you guys are great.:)