PDA

View Full Version : The ads on this site

Pooky
December 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
So I can't seem to see them, and recently when I heard about them again I was reminded of that. Would someone mind telling me what sites these ads are coming from? It must be something I adblocked in the past... but I want to help out with the site so I'm going to unblock it. Thanks.

Rob Oplawar
December 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I just realized that I had the option to disable my adblocker for h2vista. so I did. Looks like Google ads.

NeiaG
December 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
why do you wanna unblock ads. they're annoying.

Rob Oplawar
December 7th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Just for this site. I want to show my support. Now hush or the Google webcrawlers will catch us and lower the rates Ghosty is getting. :ssh:

jcap
December 7th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Do you feel like paying for this site out of your pocket? You're more than welcome. If not, the least you could do is view ONE SMALL NON-OBTRUSIVE ad in the upper right of the screen.

Emmzee
December 8th, 2007, 12:21 AM
So you're a member of the forums, yet you refuse to support the site at no cost to you?

Leiukemia
December 8th, 2007, 01:25 AM
There's a 50/50 chance that he didn't understand that the advertisements pay for the site by members viewing them.

Mr Buckshot
December 8th, 2007, 01:30 AM

Go

read

up

on

computers/Internet

kthxbai

I click on the ads every once in a while...it's not that hard to do and it generates revenue. Be glad we don't have giant banners or pop-ups.

ExAm
December 8th, 2007, 02:02 AM
I saw them the other day, and now they're not there. Do they run on a time constraint?

TheGhost
December 8th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Yeah. I mean I would never have ads pop up in your face or get in the way of enjoying this site. The reason we put it up at the top was because it was practically invisible on the bottom. There was an open area at the top that was out of the way so we moved it there instead.

Patrickssj6
December 8th, 2007, 05:23 AM
We actually have to click them right? Just having them showing up is not enough otherwise I wouldn't get why you put them in a more visible place to see.

StankBacon
December 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM
yes you have to click them, but don't click them a hundred times in a row, or you will get his adsence account canceled for abuse.

only click on an ad if it is something of interest to you.

Pooky
December 8th, 2007, 09:19 AM
So the only one who tried to answer my question was Rob... I guess I'll unblock google ads

Jelly
December 8th, 2007, 09:29 AM
If you're using AdBlock Plus, you can click on the AdBlock Icon and choose "Disable on www.h2vista.net" to allow adverts for this site only.

Con
December 8th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Don't block them if they're not annoying :\ Help support the site and click em a few times.

Syuusuke
December 8th, 2007, 09:54 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/ryujin356/click.jpg

Clickity click!

Sel
December 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Until I saw this topic, I never noticed the ads O_o

Mass
December 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I try and click on them a bit.
I already have gmail, whats the harm in clicking an ad for it?