PDA

View Full Version : Saves. Nothing like last time.

CodeBrain
December 8th, 2007, 12:24 PM
As I was told in my previous thread, saves were located in that folder I specified.

However, I would like to know if there is a tutorial/converter for Halo 2 Xbox saves, so they become Halo 2 Vista saves.

If this is not possible, please respond in this thread, and I or a moderator/admin (who ever gets here faster) will lock the thread.

If it is possible, then, again, post in this thread, and guide me to those said above.

Thank you.

Codebrain

beele
December 8th, 2007, 01:21 PM
are you planning to get the flood juggernaut in H2V?

stunt_man
December 8th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Duh... I highly doubt there's a save converter for H2V. I mean, aside from a couple useful map-making tools, and a few maps, there really hasn't been that much work in the game's modding scene (it's brand new and got bad reviews :cool:)

CodeBrain
December 8th, 2007, 02:23 PM
are you planning to get the flood juggernaut in H2V?

I was planning on that, and I just wanted to play a single player map with duel phantom guns as first weapon and a scarab gun as second weapon.

:lol:

Kornman00
December 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Well, if they allowed more objects to exist at a single time in game in the PC version compared to the xbox (like they did in halo 1) then it would be a VERY complicated matter of converting. If not, then I wouldn't think the conversion to be so complicated, but still tedious unless its automated.

CodeBrain
December 8th, 2007, 02:43 PM
LoL, Korn, when I saw you post in my thread from the index, I thought that you were going to lock the thread.

But yeah, I was just asking, since Zeph locked my eariler thread stating

"old/old"

Which I guessed that you guys already knew. Then I had a thought that if you guys knew that, could they have made something that edits them?

That is why I made the topic.

Kornman, do you think this needs a lock? I hear around KornyVile its a very fun job! :p

Kornman00
December 8th, 2007, 03:10 PM
this thread doesn't need a lock from my pov. It asks a new question about converting game saves from different platforms. Just let the thread be for now incase someone actually makes a converter and can then post a response

CodeBrain
December 9th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I just looked at Halo 1 PCs saves, and how they were based on numbers that tell certain values, such as the date, time, map, and difficulty.

Of course, this doesn't follow what Hired Gun made for their saves.

Also, trying to replace the saves with any save will not change it. It will stay the same.

I tried this with just the Xbox version save (it was a test, to see if h2v would crash, or load it) I copied my original saves, and moved them somewhere else. Then I pasted the xbox saves into my profile folder. Loaded H2V and went to my profile, loaded the last checkpoint.

It was the exact same thing as before. Nothing crashed, just loaded the last thing.

Im trying to figure out the coding for this, so there might be something we could do, like with Halo 1 PC.

CodeBrain

supersniper
December 9th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Well I did find this level unlocker for Halo 1. I don't know if it is any use to you but I will post a download for it on filefront. Here it is! (http://files.filefront.com/Level+Unlockerexe/;9226741;/fileinfo.html)

CodeBrain
December 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Care to give me a specific location? :)