PDA

View Full Version : Movie Making

sdavis117
December 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Is there any software for HaloCE that lets me record games in HQ and with no logos on it? Also can they have audio?

Patrickssj6
December 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM
FRAPS...

p0lar_bear
December 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Scrape up $37 and buy Fraps. It's arguably one of the best recorder programs out there, and it's frickin' cheap compared to most software nowadays.

If you're making a movie with a script, and not a montage or something, then you don't even need to purchase it; a take in any well-planned movie last much less than the 30-second limitation, and you could always find a buddy with good movie editing software to superimpose some cinematic letterbox bars over the "www.fraps.com" watermark.

sdavis117
December 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Anything that might be free that is as good as full fraps. And don't say a cracked version of Fraps. I only want something LEGAL.

Pooky
December 10th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Anything that might be free that is as good as full fraps. And don't say a cracked version of Fraps. I only want something LEGAL.

No.

You get what you pay for, as they say. :)

ima_from_America
December 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Gamecam free?

Pooky
December 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM
The free version is somewhat analogous to the Fraps trial, except it bogs down performance far worse.

Even when purchased, it's a far cry from Fraps IMO.

p0lar_bear
December 11th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Sorry, but Fraps is the de facto DirectX recorder/screenshotter/benchmarker. I have not seen any other software of its caliber. You will not find anything like the full version of Fraps without purchasing the full version of Fraps.

Like I said, if you're making a scripted movie, all you need is the trial version and a buddy who can paste letterbox bars over the watermark, in the same fashion that RvB does to hide the HUD and hide the cameraman's weapon (in the first, second, and third seasons).

InnerGoat
December 11th, 2007, 03:27 PM
There is an open source recorder out there somewhere, but I don't recall its name.

It's got nothing on Fraps which is probably why I don't remember it.

Hunter
December 12th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Find some visual basic tutorials and make one your self if you don't want to pay for one.

p0lar_bear
December 12th, 2007, 11:59 PM
..visual basic...

:gonk:

n00b1n8R
December 13th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Oh shut up, it's a basic codeing language that does what it needs to do.

Vector_Matt
December 13th, 2007, 09:28 AM
There is an open source recorder out there somewhere, but I don't recall its name.

It's got nothing on Fraps which is probably why I don't remember it.Camstudio maybe? http://camstudio.org/

Hunter
December 14th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Tell you what you could do, get a camera and record your monitor!! The most crappy quality ever but its FREE!

Vector_Matt
December 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Tell you what you could do, get a camera and record your monitor!! The most crappy quality ever but its FREE!
Unless you don't have a camera.:rolleyes: