PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 xp patch problem!!!!!!!!!!

somehobo14
December 11th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I have an enormous problem and any help would be greatly appreciated. After I installed Halo 2 on xp I started up the game. It gets to the first loading screen where the music starts and the Halo 2 appears. Once it gets about halfway through this, three errors appear - the first says "The following unimplemented function was called: CMFTopolgyNode::SetUnknown()"
The second says "The following unimplemented function was called:CMFMedaSource::GetObject()"
and the third message is the same as the first. After I click ok on the messages the screen just goes black for about 30 then exits to windows. When I re-installed, I got up to the same screen again but no error messages, instead it just went black for about 30 seconds again and when I re-installed a third time the error messages came back.
Any help or suggestion on what to do would be much appreciated.

beele
December 11th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Halo 2 was not made to run on XP but vista, the "patch" you guys are using to run it on XP is far from perfect. If you want to play halo 2 in a good way, I recommend you run it on vista.

t3h m00kz
December 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Agreed, when I got H2 to run on XP, I was far from impressed.

As a matter of fact, when I got it to run on Vista, I was still far from impressed. But it was much better than it was on XP.

Pooky
December 11th, 2007, 04:37 PM
First, Halo 2 XP isn't supported by anyone as far as I know.

Second, that's bullshit beele, it runs far better on XP and has a lot less issues. The only thing you miss out on is terrible Live multiplayer.

Third, halo2xp.tk

If you can't figure it out from there, you obviously don't deserve to play.

Syuusuke
December 11th, 2007, 06:41 PM
What the fuck, what's halo2xp.tk supposed to mean? Is it the password to unlock the secr-

What sucks is that I never got Halo 2 XP to work, so I never really got to see how much better it runs on XP.

Zeph
December 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Minimum Requirements:
OS - Windows Vista.
You do not meet minimum requirements. Ask again when you're using the right OS.