PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...

Pope
December 19th, 2007, 02:58 AM
First you're going to need the backstory. If you don't want to read it skip to the bottom with "tl;dr"

When I was around 3-5 years old I had a really good friend. She's the same age as me, my neighbor and we went to kindergarten together but we knew each other for a long time before then. We went our separate ways after that, because my parents decided another school was better. Not much interaction after this point.

Something like 9 Years Later...

High school...Since we both attended Catholic schools, not Catholic btw, we ended up in the same high school. So yeah she's here and I'm here and we never talk. She's a little different now(no ****) and is quieter and I can never seem to bring myself to talk to her.

Present day: Over a decade later.

I'm in my Grade 12 year. Everything's going fine except my Math and Physics mark but whatever. In mid-late November her father passed away. I guess you could say I knew him. When we were young I was taken care by their family a lot. So yeah, this hit her family hard but she took it well. I hand delivered(left of the doorstep) a comfort note. She took it kindly and we talked for about <1min. I went to the funeral and that was 3 weeks ago.

tl;dr: She was an important part of my life and so was her father.

The question: How do I rekindle a relationship that has more than a decade's worth of dust on it?

It's hard to talk to her at school because she's always surrounded by her friends and she doesn't talk to guys at all. Also I just want to be friends for now.

Is this just all a bad idea?

Thanks in advanced H2V for your (assumed) input.

Tweek
December 19th, 2007, 03:13 AM
go for it tbh.

DaneO'Roo
December 19th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I've graduated high school now, and I have many regrets. Just fucking do it. Be spontaneous. Walk up to her and say, hello thar, drag her away from her friends and have a good ole catch up chat. I'm sure theres ALOT to talk about.

Just don't let the opportunity go. You'll be kicking yourself later.

Tweek
December 19th, 2007, 03:27 AM
I've graduated high school now, and I have many regrets.

qft :[

n00b1n8R
December 19th, 2007, 04:00 AM
qft :[

do tell :)

also go for it, your not likely to ever see any of them again after highschool so why not? (if it doesn't work, you'll never have to deal with them again)

FlyingStone
December 19th, 2007, 08:00 AM
go for it tbh.

I've graduated high school now, and I have many regrets. Just fucking do it. Be spontaneous. Walk up to her and say, hello thar, drag her away from her friends and have a good ole catch up chat. I'm sure theres ALOT to talk about.

These opportunity's don't come up very often, jump on it.
Don't make the same mistake I/We did.
-F.S

Dr Nick
December 19th, 2007, 12:05 PM
The longer you wait, the harder it's going to be.

SnaFuBAR
December 19th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Go for it. Taking a leap of faith is how I got together with my fiance. More than 5 years has gone by now, and if I hadn't asked her out, I most certainly would have regretted it.

Flyboy
December 19th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Somehow get into a class/club/afterschool thing that she does. You'll be suprised that if your around eachother long enough things will just start to takeoff without very much intention behind it.

And don't be afraid to make hersad, if something refering to her father comes up deal with it.

Masterz1337
December 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Go for it. The last thing you want is it to be May and realizing whatever chance you had with her is gone.

Pope
December 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys but the real problem is even talking to her. I can't ever seem to find her alone, she's pretty shy and so am I in some ways. She doesn't do much extra-curricular but yeah I'll take all your guyses advice and just run with it.

The new question. How?

Dr Nick
December 19th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well, if you know she's shy, then impress her. The first thing you'll want to do is impress her, then after some crazy stunt, or something ask her out. It'll either work, or it wont, but I gotta piss so I'm rushing.

paladin
December 19th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Give her a cookie and tell her the truth: you want to bang 'at shit and hang it out to dry.

^ on a serious note, a similar situation happened to me, unfortunately I did go for it, but was rejected. :(

Just go for it, no regrets. Seriously, if you haven't talked in a decade, what could you possibly lose besides like 5 minutes of your life.

Emmzee
December 19th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Regrets are for pussies. Man up and do it. This most recent summer, I didn't want any regrets after I left high school, and I got a girl I had been chasing for years.

You just gotta be assertive.

Amit
December 19th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I got a girl I had been chasing for years.

You just gotta be assertive.

Nice, any tips for the rest of us?

Leiukemia
December 20th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks guys but the real problem is even talking to her. I can't ever seem to find her alone, she's pretty shy and so am I in some ways. She doesn't do much extra-curricular but yeah I'll take all your guyses advice and just run with it.

The new question. How?

Are you kidding? waiting for her to be alone just shows her you're a coward. Go right up to her, doesn't matter where, and ask if you can talk to her. Tell her blah blah whatever to go out, be confidant and go for it. Just like the way guys go to clubs and lure the girls from the "mother hen", same thing, pull her away, and go for it.

Masterz1337
December 20th, 2007, 12:06 AM

The new question. How?
Smirrnoff.

paladin
December 20th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Smirrnoff.

Make sure you eat if you do. I drank a 12 pack in about an hour at my sister's (at Western Washington University) last month and got the worst stomach ache I have ever had.