PDA

View Full Version : Cannot host any games since I got Embarq 660 series modem

m13120
December 21st, 2007, 06:23 PM
I used to have a RoadRunner Broadband modem a few months ago, and my parents decided to switch to Embarq since they cost 10 dollars less per month. I used to be able to host servers and games just fine using roadrunner but ever since I got Embarq, the modem is in the 660 series, I haven't been able to host any games at all. Also, I have a netgear router, I used to be able to host servers perfectly also using it by portforwarding. Nowadays, I still forward my ports according to my server IP, but it's no good, people still can't join. And when I talk about hosting servers I mean all games, Halo, UT#, etc. Anyone that has the same problem but found a solution, or anyone that has a solution, it would be appreciated. And please, serious comments only, nothing like "just go back to roadrunner" because that sort of issue is totally out of my hands, my parents have put their foot down about it. Also, even after I forward the 3 ports, the 2302 portforward for some reason keeps disappearing on me.

paladin
December 21st, 2007, 07:02 PM
Buy a different modem. Call the costumer service and have them reset.

Syuusuke
December 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM
Forward ports by...ports?

m13120
December 23rd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Any other suggestions?