PDA

View Full Version : Hamachi brings down WiFi access point?

0m3g4Muff1n987
December 26th, 2007, 11:41 AM
So the other day I installed Hamachi so I could set up a WoW private server for my friends and I (which is awesome BTW), but yesterday, Christmas, the day after I installed Hamachi, our wireless access point had "limited connectivity" again. I remember months ago, when I also had Hamachi installed, my computer couldn't connect a lot too.

So I'm thinking Hamachi is the cause of these internet failures. Has anyone had this happen to them? Is there a way to fix it?

Mr Buckshot
December 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
WoW private servers are illegal since WoW is a pay-to-play game. Please refrain from discussing them or anything illegal. This is your first offense, so you won't be banned/warned or anything.

Cortexian
December 26th, 2007, 12:18 PM
WoW private servers are illegal since WoW is a pay-to-play game. Please refrain from discussing them or anything illegal. This is your first offense, so you won't be banned/warned or anything.
If he owns the game and already pays for it, it's legal.

p0lar_bear
December 26th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Until someone can point out somewhere in the World of Warcraft end-user license agreement where it expressly states that one cannot run a private server, I'm not going to view private servers as illegal. The way I see it, the monthly fee is imposed so Blizzard can hire people to maintain their servers.

0m3g4Muff1n987
December 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Um... ok. Could someone help me now.

Syuusuke
December 26th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Did you see if other computers can connect to the network (that are not running Hamachi)?

You said the Access Point has limited connectivity...the AP doesn't connect to itself FYI.

Might be a case of conflicting MAC addresses or conflicting somethings.

Limited
December 26th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I used Hamachi and I use wireless internet. Try unpluging your router and plugging it in again and trying again.

Pbear, on WoW's website is says people are not allowed to run private servers, it was also patched to prevent it. So yeah it is illegal.

0m3g4Muff1n987
December 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Did you see if other computers can connect to the network (that are not running Hamachi)?

You said the Access Point has limited connectivity...the AP doesn't connect to itself FYI.

Might be a case of conflicting MAC addresses or conflicting somethings.
They could at first, but the next day (internet still down on my computer) my dad comes down and asks if I did anything cuz his laptop's internet wouldn't work.

And whatever, I meant my computer has limited connectivity >_> not the router >_<