PDA

View Full Version : New 8800GT drivers cause Halo to be invisible

ExAm
December 27th, 2007, 02:55 AM
So, I just installed the new ones from eVGA, and tried to open Halo. It opened, went to the "Halo" screen, then looked like it went back to the desktop. It still played the music, and I could click stuff, but I was still looking at the desktop. Alt+Tab took me legitimately to my desktop, in that it made my cursor appear, and clicking on Halo again made no difference to before. I use the console blindly to quit it, and got an exception. Can I downgrade back to the last drivers I downloaded, or will that screw it up further?

StankBacon
December 27th, 2007, 02:58 AM
perhaps these new drivers have some anti aliasing setting enabled?

ExAm
December 27th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Explain.

p0lar_bear
December 27th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Halo hates antialiasing with a passion. See if you can turn off forced AA or something.

DrunkenSamus
December 27th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Does a message pop up when Halo is about to start up saying that antialiasing is enabled or something? There's an option to let you bypass the message and continue loading the game. But since I have a very crappy Nvidia Geforce 4000 antialiasing doesn't affect anything in the game.

ExAm
December 27th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Does a message pop up when Halo is about to start up saying that antialiasing is enabled or something? There's an option to let you bypass the message and continue loading the game. But since I have a very crappy Nvidia Geforce 4000 antialiasing doesn't affect anything in the game.No, and I can't find anything about AA in the ForceWare settings.

EDIT: Actually, there is something here. The application-specific settings for Halo list all AA as being off, so the problem isn't forced AA.

Warsaw
December 27th, 2007, 04:37 PM
You can downgrade drivers.

Go to Add/Remove Software, and look for your nVidia video driver. Remove it. Then, install your previous version. Should work fine.

ExAm
December 27th, 2007, 05:37 PM
That worked. Thanks.