PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any good games?

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well I've got a $55 Gift Card to Best Buy leftover from christmas, so I was wondering if anyone knew any good games?

Maybe some sword game, not prince of persia, like Assassins Creed or Zelda. I only have a PC and an Xbox 360..

TeeKup
December 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Bioshock.

Omfg I love it so much.

Ace Combat 6.

Blacksite Area 51 is KIND of cool, really sucks though.

Warsaw
December 29th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Dark Messiah, perhaps? I found it quite entertaining. It is similar to Oblivion, only, not as polished.

Huero
December 29th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Assassin's Creed <_<
OH, or Mass Effect

itszutak
December 29th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Portal.

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Bioshock.

Omfg I love it so much.

Ace Combat 6.

Blacksite Area 51 is KIND of cool, really sucks though.
I have Bioshock, beat it already.

Not such a big fan of dog fights in the air. I was looking into Area 51, why does it suck?
EDIT:
Should've put this before.
Games I have:

Assassins Creed
Halo 3
Viva Pinata
BioShock
Gears of War
Dead Rising
Guitar Hero III

TeeKup
December 29th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Not a fan of dogfights?
http://premium1.uploadit.org/ryften/funnypics/you_are_a_homo.jpg

STLRamsFan
December 29th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Get a good sports game as those always last for about a year. Or get Oblivion assuming you don't have it.

Caboose O'Malley
December 29th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Gears of War is cool.
So is Crysis.
Oh, and Mass effect.

Warsaw
December 29th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Oblivion
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Orange Box
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (get the one with the Winter Assault and Dark Crusade expansions)
Command & Conquer 3
Unreal Tournament 3
Universe at War

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I was looking into Crysis for a while, but since the graphic requirements are higher than what I have.. thats a no-go. Well I can play the game it's just I'd have to play on medium/low.. And I'm mostly looking for an Xbox 360 game.

I've beat the main storyline and a lot of sidequests and whatnot in oblivion, it lasted for quite some months and now I've been playing it on-and-off. For the PC that is.

Well, I guess I'll go out and buy mass effect. It seems like a really nice looking game and fun to play, but I can imagine after a while of exploring it gets boring.

n00b1n8R
December 29th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Not a fan of dogfights?
http://premium1.uploadit.org/ryften/funnypics/you_are_a_homo.jpg

oh you'd like that wouldn't you :p

Botolf
December 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Company of Heroes is most excellent.

Snowy
December 29th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Prey has the best singleplayer I've ever played. I'd highly recommend picking it up.

FRain
December 29th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Bioshock.
/threadded.

Bodzilla
December 29th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Leisure Suit Larry

nuff said.

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Leisure Suit Larry

nuff said.
Sorry I'm not into 3d pr0n, I think I stated what I was looking for.

I checked out Prey and it seems pretty interesting, but I want something with pretty long 15+ hours singleplayer gameplay.

Bodzilla
December 29th, 2007, 07:16 PM
but genitals are funny :(

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 07:17 PM
but genitals are funny :(
For the hormonally challenged, yes. But for me, No not really.

Caboose O'Malley
December 29th, 2007, 07:20 PM
but I want something with pretty long 15+ hours singleplayer gameplay.
Well then you should look at the older games, 'cause all the new ones are more or less 10 hours long these days :/

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
@ Caboose, actually the reviews say if you just rush through the storyline of mass effect its around 20 hours.. Which is pretty promising considering if you take things slow and complete all side missions, as I normally do.

kenney001
December 29th, 2007, 07:28 PM
FEAR collectors edition with the expansion packs. Amazing singleplayer!

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Ugh I should name all the computer games I've played/have.. But that list would be extremely long :X

So I'll list off a Few..

FEAR (And FEAR: Extraction Point)
Battlefield 2, 2142
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Halo
Halo Custom Edition
Halo 2
Homeworld 2

Theres many more, thats just what I picked out randomly.

Huero
December 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Don't have any Nintendo Game Console :(

And @ Caboose, actually the reviews say if you just rush through the storyline of mass effect its around 20 hours.. Which is pretty promising considering if you take things slow and complete all side missions, as I normally do.
Oh man, you'll have a field day.
Although some of the subquests tend to be a tad bland; "Go back to the hangar, grab this box, and bring it back." Pretty much it. But there are some damn actiony ones that can contribute to the plot, but aren't necessary; IE planets that you don't have to visit.

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Oh man, you'll have a field day.
Although some of the subquests tend to be a tad bland; "Go back to the hangar, grab this box, and bring it back." Pretty much it. But there are some damn actiony ones that can contribute to the plot, but aren't necessary; IE planets that you don't have to visit.
Well if the quote..

..every planet has its own unique atmosphere, from the very hostile planets with atmospheric differences and monsters on it, to the peaceful empty planets.
Is true, and if there are more than atleast 20 planets, I'll be one happy gamer.:)

Huero
December 29th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Plus, it has DLC; not all of the planets are explorable, unfortunately, but since they're adding totally new planets through DLC, I'd expect them to become playable in the future.

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 08:33 PM
What is this DLC you speak of?
But seriously, what does DLC stand for... I'm guessing Down Loadable Content.

This will be good news to me, since I upgraded from 256kbps down to 1500kbps down :]

Huero
December 29th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, DLC is downloadable content. And since you probably won't notice if I edit my other post, I'll just tell you here: 38 explorable planets last time I counted.

ima_from_America
December 29th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars FTW

Bastinka
December 29th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars FTW

:words: I only have a PC and an Xbox 360..
Does anyone ever read the 1st post?

Sever
December 29th, 2007, 08:42 PM
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8521/8521192.jpg (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8521192&st=the+orange+box&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1186007266755)http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8627/8627603.jpg (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8627603&st=command+and+conquer&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1194050793369)

itszutak
December 29th, 2007, 10:52 PM
ORANGE.

BOX.

DrunkenSamus
December 29th, 2007, 11:13 PM
ORANGE.

BOX.

That.
Is.
All.
:v

n00b1n8R
December 30th, 2007, 02:46 AM
That.
Is.
All.
:v
Quote.
For.
Truth.
:awesome:

ExAm
December 30th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Not a fan of dogfights?
http://premium1.uploadit.org/ryften/funnypics/you_are_a_homo.jpgYou can't give Teek an infraction for that! It's just like when black people call each other niggaz!

n00b1n8R
December 30th, 2007, 06:08 AM
If you read what the infraction was for (click the little red icon on the bottom right of the post), you would have seen that it was for nonconstructive posting, not for flaming. :p

jahrain
December 30th, 2007, 06:56 AM
ORANGE BOX

That is all.

TeeKup
December 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Homeworld 2

I withdraw that previous post.

My god i love homeworld 2 <3.

DrunkenSamus
December 30th, 2007, 02:33 PM
ORANGE BOX

That is all.

It's pretty obvious what this message is implying...

Bodzilla
December 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM
yeah i agree, Jahrain is deffinently saying Pokemon Snap FTW!.
:-3

Also, have any of you guys gone back and played doom3 now that the Computers have greatly advanced.
Jesus christ the game still looks good.
i been running it Max with 16x aa and 1600x1200 rez and it looks fucking awesome.

Not to mention all the screaming over the headset. Jesus that makes me moist.

Bastinka
January 1st, 2008, 02:33 AM
We'll I wasted my money on Mass Effect :)

I just beat it today, on Normal. I didn't go through all the trouble going through the side-quests, I did a lot of them. Some I couldn't find, and others took too much time. Well I had My Charm and Intimidate up but the guide said I could persuade Seran to shoot himself in the head, and the dialogue options were greyed-out :(

Oh well, I'll get him next time around. I got stuck at some parts but I managed to pull through with lots of headaches, I'm very impatient sometimes and the dialogue has really pissed me off. Gonna make an Adept, instead of Soldier, 2nd time around :)

I'm glad I bought it, although it's not exactly that great. I love sniping though with Cryo Bullets, freezy-freeze :-3

I don't really know what I'll get next, and for you people who suggested Orange Box, I despise the Half Life Engine. The crowbar seems as if it's made of plastic and it's just the same thing in each game, they don't really change their engine. You run really fast, I don't like the FOV (In CS:Source and Half Life 2), The crowbar, 9mm Pistol is extremely weak. Portal does look fun though. I think the half life games could've been much better if they just changed some things around, but thats only my opinion of it. No offense intended.

Also, Happy New Years! 3 hours late, but oh well. (-05:00 GMT, Eastern)

EDIT:

Plus, it has DLC; not all of the planets are explorable, unfortunately, but since they're adding totally new planets through DLC, I'd expect them to become playable in the future.Agh, I totally forgot about that. I haven't seen any DLC at all lately, I was looking for an update but couldn't come across one. The day I got it Xbox Live was having problems so I don't know if thats it or not. All I could come across on the marketplace was Trailers, Picture Packs, Themes and more videos relating to Mass Effect. I couldn't find any planets, no updates and nothing. One thing that really bugged me is there was no AA (Anti-Aliasing). When I was playing in HD on the widescreen, hehe, I disliked seeing the pixelated edges of things. I looked around for it, and I wonder if there is any AA at all?

The games beautiful enough though, and I could imagine with the added AA and the already implemented Framerate Lag at some parts... The game could get pretty slow and buggy.

DrunkenSamus
January 1st, 2008, 02:53 PM
yeah i agree, Jahrain is deffinently saying Pokemon Snap FTW!.
:-3

Also, have any of you guys gone back and played doom3 now that the Computers have greatly advanced.
Jesus christ the game still looks good.
i been running it Max with 16x aa and 1600x1200 rez and it looks fucking awesome.

Not to mention all the screaming over the headset. Jesus that makes me moist.

Doom 3 has a really active mod community, and there are mods that enhance the graphics EVEN MORE.

TeeKup
January 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
Doom 3 has a really active mod community, and there are mods that enhance the graphics EVEN MORE.

I still think the LMS mod is the best mod out there. God I loved LMS.

Bodzilla
January 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM
EXPLAIN!

does anyone else become moist because of the screaming and shit assaulting you over the headset?
oohhhhhh yyeeaahhhhh.

Archon23
January 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
You know theres this thing called the "Mute" button. :eyesroll:

Though it depends what game are you talking about?

Bodzilla
January 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
i wanted him to explain the Doom 3 mods they where talking about.

and i love the doom 3/quake 4 screaming in the headset. It really pulls you out of your room and into the game. it's fucking awesome. hence why it makes me Moist ;)

Emmzee
January 2nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Crackdown's fucking awesome, until you get hit by 3 guided missiles in a row and fall fifteen stories to your death.

Masterz1337
January 2nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Burnout Revenge.

dg
January 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Go get Call of Duty 4 or World of Warcraft. Both are very fun!

DaneO'Roo
January 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Unreal Tournament 3

http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/4257/feature/2007-07-11/screen1_large.jpg

http://images.strategyinformer.com/screenshots/00212802.jpg

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1267/full-res/1193750199.jpg

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetunreal.gamespy.com/newsimages/ut3hq/large/other/character1.jpg

Best.Game.Ever.

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
LOL HUGE PICS ARE LOLHUGE!@!!1

god man, shot tags nxt time.
and why didnt u take the pics from your computer dano :P

DaneO'Roo
January 3rd, 2008, 06:04 AM
cause, shit settings are shit.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2008, 06:07 AM
also, just finished portal!!

Fucking fantastic.

Sever
January 3rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
Portal IS amazing. Its just funny what you can do in some of the rooms, though. Ex: I've taken everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that isn't bolted down and put it through the emancipation grid at the end of the turret level. The setup for this required that I get everything into one big pile at the end of the level. The hill of boxes, dead turrets, storage cubes, and a radio was hill-arious (pun intended)! I'll do it again and take a pic this night after work.

Dr Nick
January 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
The cake is a Pie!

Also, Empires Mod. Fun Source Engine Mod.