PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes system.

FlyingStone
January 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
This is pissing me off to no end. Last night i bought Half Life 2 Episode 2, and it was giving me grief at first but it went away for a few levels. A hour later as i was playing, bam, my whole system just crashed and rebooted. I get a blue screen with lines that lasts maybe 2 seconds. I tried :

-Updating my drivers
-Uninstalled HL2Ep2
-Updated my .NET framework
-Tried shutting off every thing i had running
-Tried running it offline
-Lowered all settings to the lowest they can go

I am out of ideas, it just doesn't make sense. It gives me a box saying do you want to report this to Microsoft, but thats it. I ran all the other Half life games with no problem, medium settings, got like 30+ fps and i didn't crash.
Any ideas? :/
-F.S

343guiltymc
January 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
This is pissing me off to no end. Last night i bought Half Life 2 Episode 2, and it was giving me grief at first but it went away for a few levels. A hour later as i was playing, bam, my whole system just crashed and rebooted. I get a blue screen with lines that lasts maybe 2 seconds. I tried :

-Updating my drivers
-Uninstalled HL2Ep2
-Updated my .NET framework
-Tried shutting off every thing i had running
-Tried running it offline
-Lowered all settings to the lowest they can go

I am out of ideas, it just doesn't make sense. It gives me a box saying do you want to report this to Microsoft, but thats it. I ran all the other Half life games with no problem, medium settings, got like 30+ fps and i didn't crash.
Any ideas? :/
-F.S
EP2 is a lot more demanding than the half life 2 and episode 1, so if you could only play at medium with 30 fps then no wonder you are getting BSOD.

FlyingStone
January 1st, 2008, 01:03 PM
I have had demanding games run on this computer badly, but not to many have crashed like this. I shouldn't say its a blue screen, its a black screen that has blue thick lines threw it. Uneven blue lines.
I am not sure if that is, bsod...

Yeah, i am sure its not, doesn't even look like it.

X3RO SHIF7
January 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
disable automatic restart on blue screens, im not in a good mood so i dont feel like saying how to do it, so if you dont know how google it. if it still restarts, then yeah not a blue screen.

FlyingStone
January 1st, 2008, 08:40 PM
EP2 is a lot more demanding than the half life 2 and episode 1, so if you could only play at medium with 30 fps then no wonder you are getting BSOD.
Figured it out, and my system handled it flawlessly. It had something to do with the way i was loading the previous saved game. Odd, but it was not bsod.

disable automatic restart on blue screens, im not in a good mood so i dont feel like saying how to do it, so if you dont know how google it. if it still restarts, then yeah not a blue screen.

Get the hell out, totally worthless post. I already established that it was not a blue screen. And that has nothing in your post had helpful information :/
Could care less if you where in a bad mood.

Games fixed, no idea why but somehow it started working again.
-F.S