PDA

View Full Version : I am having a strange problem with my computer.....

musicman888
January 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Well I don't post on here much but I would really like some help to a computer problem if possible. Here is the post I posted on my forums:

"Well it seems that I may not be able to play Halo PC or Halo Custom Edition for awhile. Some you may be asking why that is and it is fair to say that I am not grounded. But it seems that when ever I start up Halo PC or Halo CE, everything including the UI (User Interface - basically Main Menu) tends to be on a "stop and go" situation where it can simulate lag but yet I know i am not lagging as it even does it on Blood Gulch on my own server.

It just doesn't do it in Halo though, it does it when I am watching Music Videos, Halo Machinima Trailers or Videos, and other games.

But here is the strangest part: It does it only and only when I am connected to the Internet! When I am Offline everything runs normally as it should, no "stop and go" situations. It only happens when I am connected.

The "Stop and go" even happens during my starfield screensaver, but only when I am connected to the Internet."

It is strange and I really don't know what to do...any help is appreiciated.

Thanks.

dydo
January 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
try updating your network drivers.

musicman888
January 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Stupid Question: How do I do that or how do I check to see if they are up to date?

Mercy Flush
January 3rd, 2008, 07:19 AM
if it is onboard network then go to your motherboard manufacturers website and download the newest drivers there. if not, go to the network card's manufacturer's website and download them there. the installer should tell you whether or not they are out of date

musicman888
January 3rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
K.....um, I am a little bit computer illiterate so do you know where I could find out what the manufacturer for those are?

Note: This is happening on my laptop.