PDA

View Full Version : Warping Glitch

Andragon
January 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Ok well this game used to run perfectly with my old 6200, albeit with framerate stuttering. Now, with my 7600GT installed, it seems to have serious rendering issues. The textures and meshes seem to warp into triangles on some objects and characters. It becomes steadily more and more severe until the game eventually crashes. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? Any way to solve the problem, if anyone else has had the same thing under similar circumstances?

4RT1LL3RY
January 6th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Have you updated to newest drivers?

Con
January 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
If it's getting worse as you play, that makes me think that it's a cooling issue with your video card. I'm no expert though.

Andragon
January 7th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure if it were the Graphics Card overheating, that i'd crash the whole system. Whereas this just crashes the game to desktop. I have a sneaky suspicion this is because of a dodgy installation. I'll try reinstalling it and finding out what happens.

Con
January 8th, 2008, 12:21 AM
My comp overheats during graphically intensive games, but it doesn't crash the whole system. It just crashes the game to the desktop like you said, and it cools down again. I think it does it as a safeguard. Halo 2 Vista isn't very graphically intensive, but it's not optimized like it should be. Download "speedfan" and it'll detect any temperature monitoring circuits that you have, so you can set it to do graphs plus display a temp reading in the tray.