PDA

View Full Version : JMS to GBXModel trouble

t3h m00kz
January 11th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Okay, I've been working at this for a few hours, watching tutorials over and over and over, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've got a model I'm wanting to import into Halo, a gun model. I'm planning on using the Sniper Rifle animations, so I exported the sniper rifle and used maxscript to import the GBX model to have the little node spheres to go by.

I positioned them all, and added a #ground point since I'm going to be using the model for both FP and 3P.

baeleted imagery

Zeph
January 11th, 2008, 02:52 AM
get rid of the space in the name and directory path.

t3h m00kz
January 11th, 2008, 02:59 AM
get rid of the space in the name and directory path.

Changed the name to both the folder and file from data\weapons\shock rifle\shock rifle.jms to data\tags\weapons\sr\sr, made sure there was no spaces in anything.

Ran tool again, still no output. No SR folder shows up in tags\weapons, much less a .gbxmodel file.

I actually exported this gun model from a different game (UT2004), and haven't done anything other than resized it to match the sniper, moved all the "nodes" around to fit it, texture it, and exported it as a JMS. I don't know if this info will help or not, but... w/e.

SL1CK1337
January 11th, 2008, 06:28 AM
data\weapons\shock rifle\shock rifle.jms

Your directory needs to be data\weapons\shockrifle\models\shock rifle.jms you just need to create a models folder in both shockrifle and shockfile\fp and place each .JMS in their correct folder.

t3h m00kz
January 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM
baeleted imagery

Ifafudafi
January 11th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'm not really a modeling expert, but the window title says [Build-Cache-File], not [model]. I'd suggest trying it with the original tool, as it's not that hard to figure out (and I find it's a little more reliable than Tool++), but I could be horribly wrong.

t3h m00kz
January 11th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I think you may be right about the original tool being more reliable... it seems to have a list of options there that I can't really choose from since I'm not using the CMD prompt. I didn't get a chance to fix it this morning because I had to rush out the door to work... I'll try it out and let you all know how it goes.

t3h m00kz
January 11th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Worked. Got it in-game.

Only, it doesn't work in first person, and it's untextured. Something with shaders I'm assuming from what I've heard. >_<

baeleted imagery

I used the sniper rifle nodes to go by, set the FP to this model, and replaced the animations with the sniper rifle animations.

The little purple light I have at the end of the gun (A modified version of the Plasma Pistol one) stays in place when I pick it up, where I picked it up, and doesn't move.

EDIT: I've figured out that in order to get Textures to work properly I have to have a directory structure in data\weapons. I've named it shocktest, with the folders: models, bitmaps, shaders, fp, and fp\models. I've placed the TIF file that I want to apply to the model into the bitmaps, applied that very TIF to the model in MAX, and exported the JMS. I've compiled the bitmaps, created a shaders_environment file with the .bitmap in tags/shocktest/shaders with the same name as the .bitmap, and tried compiling the model. I still get the request: "choose a type of shader 1-9" or whatever. I don't know why it's doing it, I've done all I can to make sure everything's where they're supposed to be. WTF man?

t3h m00kz
January 12th, 2008, 03:00 AM
I GOT IT! I FREAKING GOT IT! +rep to everyone who helped :D