PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic or Zune 80GB?

Atty
January 19th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I can't decide.

The only thing holding me back from the Zune right now is car audio support, I don't know for sure if it will work on my car audio system, I'm pretty confident the Input out -> Aux input will work but I have no idea what functionality I'll lose, which is why I'd go for an iPod being that my head unit is iPod ready.

Another reason for the Zune though is the headphones, people rave about them, although that is easily cured by buying a pair of after market headphones from NewEgg or something, which I would probably have to do anymore because I don't see the iPod's or Zune's stocks staying in my ears when working out, but I'm not sure.

So can anyone help me out here? I hear bad things about the new iPod's scroll system and equally bad things about the Zune's file format and set up system, I wish I could take both home and use them, and figure out which I like, but thats just not possible and then there is the fact that no where I can find has iPod's or Zune 80GB's on display for tinkering.

ExAm
January 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
The new iPod's scroll system is exactly the same as before, using the wheel to scroll. I don't know what they're talking about. Unless the Classic's software is somehow different than the Nano's, which is what I have, and I doubt it is.

As for car audio, if you've got a simple headphone jack, you can play from any device that has a headphone port, not just an iPod. If you're talking about a specific iPod dock or something, then yeah. It's for the iPod.

As for the headphones, I highly recommend JVC Marshmallows. They're about 20 bucks and have awesome sound quality.

DrunkenSamus
January 19th, 2008, 11:05 PM
While we're talking about headphones, are there any cheap headphones that have good sound quality and have bass? Like when you blast music in the car. I think music sounds better when bass is combined with good quality.

Atty
January 20th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Cheap? And good? What the fuck are you smoking?

And no shit music sounds better with quality drivers that have a good bass response, the hell are you thinking? If the song has any bass its going to require some bass response. Go to NewEgg and search its headphones, read the reviews, and make a choice.

ExAm
January 20th, 2008, 02:52 AM
While we're talking about headphones, are there any cheap headphones that have good sound quality and have bass? Like when you blast music in the car. I think music sounds better when bass is combined with good quality.Refer to my post.

beele
January 20th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Get an ipod, I never had any problems with scrolling on my nano and I know people who have the classic version, and they're fine as well.